Auburn has a corch!

They had only 2 on the DL getting zero pressure. They had another guy spying sfor what reason? To protect from the QV running 30 yards to the endzone.

When I saw only 2 rushing, I knew Auburn was cooked. The QB could have waited 10 minutes for someone to eventually come open. Auburn had 1 defender 1 v 1 in the back if the endzone with his back to the ball.

The worst defensive coaching scheme I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Pure stupidity. I feel really bad for the Auburn kids.
Horrendously bad defensive play call on the 4th and 31. And yet, Freeze doubled down and said it was the right call after the game. Everyone knows it was the worst approach that could’ve possibly been taken.

WRs always eventually come open if the play lasts long enough. That’s why everyone wants a QB who can “extend the play.” Big Ben made a career out of it with the Steelers.

Advertisement
What a brutal loss, JHC all you have to do is take the WR out, get a PI and it's still 4th & 15. IIRC Bama won with the lowest win possibility percentage ever, .01
A PI would be a first down, but I get your point. 1st down at the 15 with no timeouts would still make it tough for Bama to score.

Last 2 weeks is Hugh freeze in a nut shell, no show one week a play away from beating bama the next week.

I’m glad you guys can spot other coaches do it too.

Meanwhile Hugh Freeze still has wins over Saban and could recruit better than Kiffin.

God has blessed me with 50 years on this rock called Earth, and one thing I have figured out is this.

The only thing that the prevent defense does is prevent your sorry *** from winning the game and every asshat that runs it deserves to lose. It's literally that simple. I hate Alabama with a passion but they deserved to win that game for one reason, that D that was called on that play.

Advertisement
Horrendously bad defensive play call on the 4th and 31. And yet, Freeze doubled down and said it was the right call after the game. Everyone knows it was the worst approach that could’ve possibly been taken.

WRs always eventually come open if the play lasts long enough. That’s why everyone wants a QB who can “extend the play.” Big Ben made a career out of it with the Steelers.
I believe they called essentially the right coverage considering 4th down and endzone vs LoS locations.

The DB somehow was left on an island in the left corner and just didnt think. Furthermore, and its ticky tacky, Bama's WR shoved off and it could have been OPI.

Auburn's DBs played all-world all night and I'm surprised, stunned actually, that they didn't get called for multiple PIs considering the refs gift EVERYTHING to Bama (ask Vols as they get screwed like Miami week after week). If they had, Bama wins by 21+.

Heartbreaking result.

God has blessed me with 50 years on this rock called Earth, and one thing I have figured out is this.

The only thing that the prevent defense does is prevent your sorry *** from winning the game and every asshat that runs it deserves to lose. It's literally that simple. I hate Alabama with a passion but they deserved to win that game for one reason, that D that was called on that play.
C'mon now.

Advertisement
I believe they called essentially the right coverage considering 4th down and endzone vs LoS locations.

The DB somehow was left on an island in the left corner and just didnt think. Furthermore, and its ticky tacky, Bama's WR shoved off and it could have been OPI.
I get that. It could’ve been offensive PI.

My point is that there is no excuse for rushing 2 and giving a mediocre QB all the time he needs to wait around for somebody to come free in the end zone. Zero pressure.

If you bring pressure and he finds a way to beat it and make a play, that’s one thing. But you can’t let him stand back there for 10 seconds scanning the field.

We've seen this before plenty of times .. Either getting beat on the last play or on a 4th down and 18 yards to win the game

If I’m not mistaken the Giants lost to the Eagles in 1978 by not kneeling, but I think when it was fumble they took back for a scoop and score and this game was to clinch the division

Advertisement

The QB could have held the ball for 15 minutes and just waited for an opening.

I think Freeze was just protecting his DC with his comments.

If I’m not mistaken the Giants lost to the Eagles in 1978 by not kneeling, but I think when it was fumble they took back for a scoop and score and this game was to clinch the division
Herm Edwards for the win.

It was back when the NFL didn't have the "victory formation" as part of the playbook really.

Also the Giant's QB botched the handoff to the fullback putting the ball on the ground and the rest is history.

Herm Edwards for the win.

It was back when the NFL didn't have the "victory formation" as part of the playbook really.

Also the Giant's QB botched the handoff to the fullback putting the ball on the ground and the rest is history.
1701098814761.gif

Advertisement
My only question is, wtf do u spy in that situation?! It’s 4th and fuccin 31!!! If he breaks and starts running and can pick up 31yds in that situation, then u tip your hat to him and say, “****! You’re a **** of a ball player.” If he can do that, run past 11 defenders on 4th down and gain 31yds… then you ain’t stopping him anyway. But no way in **** do u rush just 2 guys and spy, in that situation. Coarch move if I ever saw one. Who dey DC?

Last edited:
Yeah… tha guy that returned that fumble… was Herm Edwards.

No they don’t lol. Emotional overreaction.

I guess Saban is a corch for letting Auburn return the kick six too

Advertisement
Back