Attorney question Miami student involved

Jnmjr

Recruit
My friends nephew was arrested last night by campus police, possession of cannibus. Good kid, first time offender, academic scholarship student, he and his frat brothers. He's out now, any atty recommendations. Will he get kicked out school? Lose scholarship? Cannibus possession more than 20 grams and paraphernalia possesion with intent to use.

Advertisement
if it's his first offense and he is forthcoming about making a mistake, he will get disciplinary probation from the school, which is sort of like strikes 1 and 2.

the scholarship truthfully is more about meeting the minimum academic requirement. either way, if his scholarship is not renewed for the following year, there is an appeals process where the student can write a letter and submit supporting recommendations. again, the key here is to admit the mistake and explain how he will learn from the lapse in judgment. no guarantees they accept, but it's the best course of action.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No offense but I question his worthiness of any academic scholarship if he gets pinched by campus police for anything let alone a bulk amount of weed.

If its like UCF, if he is living on campus he will surely be kicked off and have to live off campus. as far as scholarship and his standing at the school, thats up each administration. Too bad he isnt a star athlete.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the words of the best professor of law ever at UM, George Onoprienko, "I think he better get himself a lawyer there, so forth."

Advertisement
Back