Attn: Ostriches

I dont think cassowaries attack with their heads when they have 6 inch knives on their feet. Likely eviscerated, not pecked to death- but only if he was "lucky." (Well, lucky as far as ways to die when being attacked by a homicidal dinosaur-chicken). At least if you are gutted you bleed out fast whereas getting pecked to death probably takes a while.
I think everyone is just assuming ostriches and cassowaries are the same thing as they're both freaky big, ugly birds that can apparently kill you.

Advertisement
I dont think cassowaries attack with their heads when they have 6 inch knives on their feet. Likely eviscerated, not pecked to death- but only if he was "lucky." (Well, lucky as far as ways to die when being attacked by a homicidal dinosaur-chicken). At least if you are gutted you bleed out fast whereas getting pecked to death probably takes a while.

They'll do both, but the kicking...oooh boy. Just the force of it alone is enough to break bones, but factor in those daggers and you are not going to have a good time, especially if the cassowary gets on top of you. Not to mention they can jump 5 ft in the air, so your throat is within reach of a jump-kick, and those f-ers can run 30mph, so good luck getting away.

How would you like that freakin bird to tap you on the shoulder while you're turkey huntin? But hey this big bird is taking some heat off the Orcas that kill their trainers.

Advertisement
Good chance he wouldnt have bled out as quickly as ya think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They'll do both, but the kicking...oooh boy. Just the force of it alone is enough to break bones, but factor in those daggers and you are not going to have a good time, especially if the cassowary gets on top of you. Not to mention they can jump 5 ft in the air, so your throat is within reach of a jump-kick, and those f-ers can run 30mph, so good luck getting away.

Sounds like I should get rid of the pit bull I don't have and get one of these birds. RIP.

Advertisement
Do you live in Africa?
Also, you have a VERY well trained dog. Good for you. My dog would have attacked the bird on site.
He tried but there’s a barb wire fence.
I got the phone out after. But that **** bird was straight mean mugging my dog and not moving.
It was like “I wish you would come over this fence”

Advertisement
Back