Attn: Ostriches

MainLineCane

No More Excuses
Do you live in Africa?
Also, you have a VERY well trained dog. Good for you. My dog would have attacked the bird on site.
ANY one dog against a Cassowary:cry:...My money's on that big mean 6'-180-200lb bird with the 4-6" unclipped nails that enjoys kicking the hell outta anything that pisses it off.

Once when in Australia, we went to one of these "country zoo's".

I saw one try to attack a zookeeper for not feeding him...the zookeeper, me and his big dogs who broke their leashes getting away, hauled azz. That is one big bird not to F with.

Since my dog isn't suicidal ...if it happened at my home...I gotta believe he would give me that "you're on your own look" unless I passed him running out...then his look would be "Wait up man!!"

OriginalGatorHater

Sophomore
ANY one dog against a Cassowary:cry:...My money's on that big mean 6'-180-200lb bird with the 4-6" unclipped nails that enjoys kicking the hell outta anything that pisses it off.

I saw one try to attack a zookeeper for not feeding him...the zookeeper, me and his big dogs who broke their leashes getting away, hauled azz. That is one big bird not to F with.

Since my dog isn't suicidal ...if it happened at my home...I gotta believe he would give me that "you're on your own look" unless I passed him running out...then his look would be "Wait up man!!"
Im not saying he would win, but he would attack it no question.

TemplarCane

Junior
I got rid of all of mine when I moved into a high-rise. They said "No. Just dogs up to 50 lbs and cats."
Haha.

Me: Do you accept birds?
Them: Do you mean like a parrot, or a cockatoo?
Me: Not quite....

RVACane

All-ACC

You saw a cassowary at a zoo down under? They must be descendants of velocirapturs.

RVACane

All-ACC
People have ostriches and emus around my house.
That’s why I am always with my boy Zion Cane.
But those things aren’t even scared of him.
Was that an ostrich?

MainLineCane

No More Excuses
You saw a cassowary at a zoo down under? They must be descendants of velocirapturs.
My guess is that excluding the mouth and arms ....they are.

Those birds are big and do not play well with others. You'd have to be an idiot 🤡to try an keep one as a "pet". 🤪

Last edited: