Hard Rock Stadium
Capacity65 326
27,397 (Lower ring)
34,736 (Upper ring)
3,198 (in 193 skyboxes) (VIP seats)
10,209 (Business seats)
150 (Press seats)
300 (Disabled seats)

As for what I saw with my own eyes the stadium was LOUD enough to provide an advantage. That said I can say that lower bowl was well over 85% capacity except for the Golden Cane Society seats. The upper sections were about at 60-70% capacity from what I saw. So, whatever the reported attendance was I will roll with until someone with hard evidence proves otherwise.

Advertisement
Hard Rock Stadium
Capacity65 326
27,397 (Lower ring)
34,736 (Upper ring)
3,198 (in 193 skyboxes) (VIP seats)
10,209 (Business seats)
150 (Press seats)
300 (Disabled seats)

As for what I saw with my own eyes the stadium was LOUD enough to provide an advantage. That said I can say that lower bowl was well over 85% capacity except for the Golden Cane Society seats. The upper sections were about at 60-70% capacity from what I saw. So, whatever the reported attendance was I will roll with until someone with hard evidence proves otherwise.
I agree, I was at the game and I think this is accurate starting after halftime. Traffic was terrible. Tried to get to the stadium at 6pm for Hurricane Walk and ended up pulling into yellow lot at 7:30

Worst traffic I can recall in forever. Had friends that came from Port St.Lucie, took them three hours to get to the game!

Advertisement
Pre-game traffic was REALLY bad due to Friday afternoon rush hour. Lots of late arrivals. However by late in the 1st quarter I Would say it was 75-80% of capacity; 50-55K sounds about right.

Either way crowd was a huge factor last night. Got loud at all the right moments.

Edit - just looked and announced attendance was 54K. Sounds about right.

We should try to avoid Thurs and Fri night games due to traffic.

That number isn't legit, it’s the amount of tickets sold. I know that. I was at the game and can confirm that barely half of the stadium seats were used. Great contribution to the discussion, what would we do without you...

There is no way you were at the game and think that stadium was only half full.

Advertisement
We left north Orlando at 12:30 with a ETA of 3:40, when we reached West Palm and the rain new ETA changed to 5:10 - pulled into Blue at 5:15 - thank goodness we had vodka

Pre-game traffic was REALLY bad due to Friday afternoon rush hour. Lots of late arrivals. However by late in the 1st quarter I Would say it was 75-80% of capacity; 50-55K sounds about right.

Either way crowd was a huge factor last night. Got loud at all the right moments.

Edit - just looked and announced attendance was 54K. Sounds about right.

Was raining like a son of the ***** in Coral Gables and Miami around 5:30. We drove over to All Canes to get some white and then the clouds opened up. At least an 1:30 drive and we got there right at kickoff.

The crowd was great, loud and really into the game.

We should try to avoid Thurs and Fri night games due to traffic.

The traffic was insane. We really shouldn't have those games....I would be fine if all home games were Saturday. Thursday and Friday night games are rough because of the traffic issue under the best of conditions....add in afternoon thunderstorms and it's just ridiculous IMO. I also seriously considered turning around and going home.

Those Thurs-Fri games should be reserved for podunk college towns, not one of the largest metro areas in the country.

Advertisement
I would say 45,000 with plenty of empty seats. That game should have 68,000 and the stadium packed. I hope the administration is taking notes so they will fire BLAKE
That's 3k past capacity.

Anyways, this was easily our largest crowd of the season. It was a good time. Traffic was absurd which led to a lot of people being late, but when they showed up it was rocking.

At least from the early shots on TV, considering the circumstances, it was one of the most embarrassing crowds I've ever seen in my life.

Advertisement
Filled into about 45k

Normal South Florida traffic on a Friday evening is absolute ****, but it was 10x worse due to the monsoon downpours that had been going on since 3:00

A lot of factors came into play with attendance Friday.
I think if it wasn’t for the rain more people would’ve showed up and the traffic wouldn’t have been as bad. It was monsoon like in Broward until 15-20 minutes before the game.
Regardless, that the crowd was loud enough that it was an awesome night. About 50k is right but maybe a tad less. Even then my daughter was doing the notre dame finger ear plugs when va was on 3rd down. I don’t think the answer is not to schedule games during the week but instead try to make arrangements way in advance to make it to those games. It’s a huge viewership and exposure advantage to have weeknight games. Something about hard rock at night is just lit AF!! We have to be ranked and have a top match up to have a night game on Saturdays.
That stadium when full of cane fans at night is a monster home field advantage!!

That's 3k past capacity.

Anyways, this was easily our largest crowd of the season. It was a good time. Traffic was absurd which led to a lot of people being late, but when they showed up it was rocking.
You haven’t seen the historical turnouts for the Cavaliers? They are our biggest rivals! Some have said the Cane-Wahoo rivalry determines the National Championship! Many times in Hialeah, I have heard “****, bro. If I gotta hear another Cavalier fan talk his ****, I’m going to march into Hecht Center myself!”

Not only was traffic brutal the parking was totally out of control : my parking is orange and I ended up parking by the Tennis stadium. They were letting everybody in with or without a pass ( weren't checking). I am still trying to figured out why they are paying the police officers for, I never see them take charge of anything. Must be security only.

Advertisement
Back