Attendance...

Advertisement
Watching on ESPN... Seemed like a late arriving crowd but the bottom bowl looked pretty full. Not sure about the upper bowl. The cameras weren't focused much on there...

I'd guess 45,000-50,000?

If so, not so bad, considering...
Pre-game traffic was REALLY bad due to Friday afternoon rush hour. Lots of late arrivals. However by late in the 1st quarter I Would say it was 75-80% of capacity; 50-55K sounds about right.

Either way crowd was a huge factor last night. Got loud at all the right moments.

Edit - just looked and announced attendance was 54K. Sounds about right.

At kickoff I think there were more people at a Northwestern/Central game. But I walked in 10 mins before kickoff and people were still tailgating and cars were still filling the lots. By halftime the lower bowl was almost full was a nice crowd. Virginia did not travel well.

Pre-game traffic was REALLY bad due to Friday afternoon rush hour. Lots of late arrivals. However by late in the 1st quarter I Would say it was 75-80% of capacity; 50-55K sounds about right.

Either way crowd was a huge factor last night. Got loud at all the right moments.

Edit - just looked and announced attendance was 54K. Sounds about right.

No ******* way there were 54k. More like 40k-45k. However, it sounded like there were 55k at times.

Advertisement
It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get to the stadium yesterday so I got there late first quarter and about half the crowd was still pulling up. I’d say 54 k is pretty accurate

Advertisement
I don't miss many games, we had more fans for this game than the VT game. I typically get to the game early and got there right after our touchdown. Traffic coming in, was a bear, it had been raining and took for ever to get there and the parking folks were backed up, people were still coming in late into the first quarter. But we were loud again! Now someone at the DOT decided to close I95 down to 1 lane going south after the game. It was just a bear getting home. Can someone at the DOT take a look at when Cane games/Heat games, etc are being played?. come on!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looked dead initially on TV but after awhile the lower bowl looked solid white. I watched at a bar with no sound but saw the players hyping up the crowd so I'm hoping it was rowdy. Recruits dont want to play for 8,000 people.

The posts here are accurate. It was a late arriving crowd but very loud per capita once it got there. Definitely slightly above the Virginia Tech game, and that was impressive since there was virtually no contribution from Virginia fans while Virginia Tech was filling the upper corner of the northeast end zone.

I would estimate 48,000 if forced to one number.

I guess it can't happen but weeknight games in Miami really need to be 9 PM or later. Last night the traffic was so bad I considered turning around and going home a couple of times. Quite hilarious when the turnpike speed limit signs are 70 mph yet you can divide by 10 in terms of actual speed. Mile after mile. My GPS estimated time of arrival would rise 2 minutes for every 1 minute of actual travel.

As someone else mentioned, available lanes is a big part of that. Nothing is full capacity anywhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back