Atl - UGA converted Cane fans

skeeper

CGHS
I know it has been discussed before, but I've lived in Atl for over 25 years, and know a lot of UGA fans, cause that is the majority in Atl.

Was talking with my neighbor down the street today, good guy, and he's like, "man Miami is my new number one outside of UGA, I hope Richt kills it down there."

I said "he is- it is going to be a good stretch over the next five years"

It is quite ironic to have so many new fans, here in Atl, but that's okay. When we start kicking everyone's asses and winning NC's, they're going to really be converted.

Advertisement
I know it has been discussed before, but I've lived in Atl for over 25 years, and know a lot of UGA fans, cause that is the majority in Atl.

Was talking with my neighbor down the street today, good guy, and he's like, "man Miami is my new number one outside of UGA, I hope Richt kills it down there."

It is quite ironic to have so many new fans, here in Atl, but that's okay. When we start kicking everyone's asses and winning NC's, they're going to really be converted.

I think a lot of teams like the turds and forced *** university are to hate life .

I've come to like the UGA fan base because they don't seem all that annoying and we both hate the Gators with a passion. ACCEPTED!

Lucky for Richt.. Miami turns good HC into great ones. I think he wins 3 titles here before he retires.

Last edited:
Am seeing a lot of Cane bumper tags and caps around the Gwinnett area now. I used to be a loner wearing my Canes cap, but have company now. Feel Coach Richt deserved a natty in 12, and believe he will finally get one in next 3-4 years.

Huge dawg fan my whole life, now big Miami fan. Richt will bring NC's back to Miami if we get the Richt that used to call plays prior to Bobo. I want the Richt of old and we're going to get it this year!

Advertisement
How many coaches have been fired and fans actually followed them to their next job? Most times fired coaches are hated. Real testament to the mistake UGA made and the blessing we have. Thank you football gods for CMR.

How many coaches have been fired and fans actually followed them to their next job? Most times fired coaches are hated. Real testament to the mistake UGA made and the blessing we have. Thank you football gods for CMR.

Maybe it's happened before, but I can't honestly think of one case, other than this one. Maybe somebody out there will remember if this has happened before.

Am seeing a lot of Cane bumper tags and caps around the Gwinnett area now. I used to be a loner wearing my Canes cap, but have company now. Feel Coach Richt deserved a natty in 12, and believe he will finally get one in next 3-4 years.

I agree with you my fellow gwinician

Welcome aboard

Advertisement
I have several students in NW GA that are UGA fans that are now also Miami fans. Now, to be fair, it might also be because I told them their academic future depended on it, and scared the everlasting **** out of them until they came to class dressed in orange and green......but I like to think Coach Richt had more to do with it.

Lots of Canes fans here because a lot of Miami/South Florida people are moving to the ATL as well as some OG hood love for the Canes. The interesting part of many UGA fans rootin for CMR to do well is that their previous reaction to UM was "Thug U", just like most schools with a majority-white fan base. CMR being here gives them a different perspective because even the ones who thought it was time for UGA to move on without him still would acknowledge that he was a good man and they respected him.

Bottom line: We've got a coach that is a legit high-integrity guy who cares about leading college kids and helping them become quality men while winning. So much so, that people who wanted to run him off still root for his success elsewhere.

Because Richt is a legendary coach at UGA who was there 15 years and who got fired before the UGA fan base could actually begin to hate him. UGA should of played Miami in '02 and ND in '12 but of course he had his short comings but the guy won 9-10 games a year in the SEC and was great in their community similar to what he is doing here right now. Hard to hate the guy.

He going to win here though. At UGA Richt had to beat OOC, Tenn, and UF then 2 crossover games from the SEC west. We just gotta beat a OOC, FSU, and VT with only having to play Clemson/Louisville every 5-6 years (or ACC Championship game). FSU will be the only team with talent on par or better then ours every year. VT don't recruit as well but they are so well coached it ridiculous. Once Richt completely overhaul the roster we should start winning 10, 11, or maybe 12 games on a consistent basis because the rest of the coastal won't recruit well enough to compete.

Also, I don't blame them for loving Richt. ****, Im starting to love him now because he getting this **** administration, who let our program sink so **** far, off their asses for once and getting them to spent money for a better product. Can't win being cheap no more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have several students in NW GA that are UGA fans that are now also Miami fans. Now, to be fair, it might also be because I told them their academic future depended on it, and scared the everlasting **** out of them until they came to class dressed in orange and green......but I like to think Coach Richt had more to do with it.

Where and what do you teach?

I've always been friends with quite a few Dawgs and they are one of my fav fanbases. Them and Clemson fans are super nice and always very hospitable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I've always been friends with quite a few Dawgs and they are one of my fav fanbases. Them and Clemson fans are super nice and always very hospitable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Clemson fans are alright with me. They are like our little brothers. Also, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
we like to recruit kids that can play but also have character. Richt is a decent coach but his strongest attribute is his values. His character is the reason Georgia fans felt their program was in the right hands. Parents love him and that's why he got Sony and recruited the number one qb in the country the year he got fired. That's why we got Lingaard and will get more five star guys. You guys don't want to hear this but whatever he is you can attribute much of it to his mentor Bobby Bowden. We are lucky to have him. I hope he stays for twenty years.

History at Dalton State

History at Dalton State

I teach music st Jacksonville State across the border in Alabama. Small world!

History at Dalton State

I teach music st Jacksonville State across the border in Alabama. Small world!

Now that I think about it, I think we talked about this. I had the sister of the sister of JSU cheerleader who died in the car accident last year in class.

Advertisement
Back