Atl - UGA converted Cane fans

Advertisement
Why u think they call me Canedog?

download.jpeg

90% of non alumni Georgia fans are just dumb, delusional rednecks.

Grew up in West Ga, sister graduated from there in 07.

People say that Miami is stuck in the past? Those ******** are STILL talking about "Herschel Walker bro!!" and have this delusion that they're a national power who should be winning titles (um, never been the case)

Now I will say that they are probably a sleeping giant and a top coach could really go on a run there.

Also, Athens maybe the greatest college town ever. Lived there from Aug-Dec 2010.

But other than that, **** em lol

People say that Miami is stuck in the past? Those ******** are STILL talking about "Herschel Walker bro!!" and have this delusion that they're a national power who should be winning titles (um, never been the case)

Now I will say that they are probably a sleeping giant and a top coach could really go on a run there.

Also, Athens maybe the greatest college town ever. Lived there from Aug-Dec 2010.

Agree with part of your comments, but dead wrong on others. Coach Richt could have potentially won 3 national titles in his 15 years there. Only 3 schools had a better winning percentage in his 15 years, injuries, just plain bad luck, and an inept administration, bad officiating, and some hiring mistakes kept him from winning a national. Ga has no instate competition for talent as does the Canes, and the state is one of top 5 for HS talent. There are more GA HS players on ACC/SEC rosters than from any other state. As you said an elite coach should win there and Kirby Dumb is not elite regardless of talent he has.

Advertisement

Agree with part of your comments, but dead wrong on others. Coach Richt could have potentially won 3 national titles in his 15 years there. Only 3 schools had a better winning percentage in his 15 years, injuries, just plain bad luck, and an inept administration, bad officiating, and some hiring mistakes kept him from winning a national. Ga has no instate competition for talent as does the Canes, and the state is one of top 5 for HS talent. There are more GA HS players on ACC/SEC rosters than from any other state. As you said an elite coach should win there and Kirby Dumb is not elite regardless of talent he has.

Using your same logic, Miami SHOULD have won titles in 86, 88, 90, 2000, and 2002 at least. In addition to the 5 we did win during that time.

Using your same logic, Miami SHOULD have won titles in 86, 88, 90, 2000, and 2002 at least. In addition to the 5 we did win during that time.

We should have/could have easily won in 86,88,00 and 02. I wouldn't put 1990 in there. And, UGA could have easily won in 2012. What's the big deal?

I know it has been discussed before, but I've lived in Atl for over 25 years, and know a lot of UGA fans, cause that is the majority in Atl.

Was talking with my neighbor down the street today, good guy, and he's like, "man Miami is my new number one outside of UGA, I hope Richt kills it down there."

I said "he is- it is going to be a good stretch over the next five years"

It is quite ironic to have so many new fans, here in Atl, but that's okay. When we start kicking everyone's asses and winning NC's, they're going to really be converted.

Welcome aboard

Need to know.
A fan of Megyn or some underlying, hidden message thing?

Advertisement
I know it has been discussed before, but I've lived in Atl for over 25 years, and know a lot of UGA fans, cause that is the majority in Atl.

Was talking with my neighbor down the street today, good guy, and he's like, "man Miami is my new number one outside of UGA, I hope Richt kills it down there."

It is quite ironic to have so many new fans, here in Atl, but that's okay. When we start kicking everyone's asses and winning NC's, they're going to really be converted.

Welcome aboard

Need to know.

A fan of Megyn and Andrea Tantaros.

I have several students in NW GA that are UGA fans that are now also Miami fans. Now, to be fair, it might also be because I told them their academic future depended on it, and scared the everlasting **** out of them until they came to class dressed in orange and green......but I like to think Coach Richt had more to do with it.

Where and what do you teach?

History at Dalton State

I teach music st Jacksonville State across the border in Alabama. Small world!

I teach psych @ clayton state

Yeah, agree with that, was just trying to point out that Coach Richt had them relevant during his time there.

Yeah, agree with that, was just trying to point out that Coach Richt had them relevant during his time there.

Agreed. Was always a fan of him.

Advertisement
I've come to like the UGA fan base because they don't seem all that annoying and we both hate the Gators with a passion. ACCEPTED!

Lucky for Richt.. Miami turns good HC into great ones. I think he wins 3 titles here before he retires.

I live in Atlanta, they are ******* annoying. Maybe not as bad a Turds, but bad. They think they are gonna win it all every year . . .

Welcome aboard

Need to know.

I have the pleasure of working with her and Doug on redesigning their beach house.
Witty, sarcastic sense of humor and very cool.

Welcome aboard

Need to know.

I have the pleasure of working with her and Doug on redesigning their beach house.
Witty, sarcastic sense of humor and very cool.

You're cool in my book then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back