Athlon's top 10 national champs

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
1581601218459.png

Advertisement
There are a couple of Miami teams that would have beaten all those teams. Heck one did beat ND but got cheated by refs. Although I watched that '71 NE team beat Bama in Orange Bowl and it was pretty bad ***. But the NE team we beat for our first NC was supposed to be the greatest team ever before we introduced them to the New Age.

Advertisement
LSU & Clemson can both go 15-0. Context is everything;

There was no championship game and there was no playoff format back in 2001. 2001 produced pro bowlers (McGahee, Portis, Gore, McKinnie, Vilma, Reed, Johnson, Rolle, Taylor, Winslow, Shockey, & Wilfork) and potentially four HOFers (Reed-in; Gore, Wilfork, and Dre).

I like to consider myself versed in sports, and I’m looking at this list along w considering other CFB National Champions in my mind, and I just don’t see any of em flooding the NFL w that much elite talent at one time, like this 01 squad, and that includes our other national championship squads. I mean 23 players were selected in the 1st three rounds, with 17 of them being 1st rounders. Had Shockey not got his career cut short, and ofcourse my guy Taylor not had some bytch take his life, this squad could’ve had 6 future HOFers on it.

F Clemson & LSU’s claim as the GOAT team.....we produced all-world talent from 2001 that would transcend the NFL & most likely we’ll never be done again....................unless the true sleeping giant re-awakens and go back to producing transcending players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LSU & Clemson can both go 15-0. Context is everything;

There was no championship game and there was no playoff format back in 2001. 2001 produced pro bowlers (McGahee, Portis, Gore, McKinnie, Vilma, Reed, Johnson, Rolle, Taylor, Winslow, Shockey, & Wilfork) and potentially four HOFers (Reed-in; Gore, Wilfork, and Dre).

I like to consider myself versed in sports, and I’m looking at this list and other CFB National Champions in my mind, and I just don’t see any of em flooding the NFL w that much elite talent at one time, including our other national championship squads. I mean, 23 players were selected in the 1st three rounds, with 17 of them being 1st rounders. Had Shockey not got his career cut short, and ofcourse my guy Taylor not had some bytch take his life, this squad could’ve had 6 future HOFers on it.

F Clemson & LSU’s claim as the GOAT team.....we produced all-world talent from 2001 that would transcend the NFL.
Truth.

RBs were Portis, McGahee, and Gore with Davenport leading the way. Gore was 3rd team and averaged 9.1 yards per carry. Sick!

Advertisement
they never went undefeated.

2013 fsu is not that good.
But you’re using logic... not gaytor logicz. Have you seen them???

By gaytor Logicz standards they finished top 3 in recruiting this year with the transfers of Shorter and Lingard. Now no one else gets to count their transfers and when Tate transferred last year they chirped (@ST26 - this chirp’s for you) about his high school ranking needing to be recalculated to reflect his current production - but that was because it’s Miami. If they’re a gaytor it’s different.

Advertisement

'88 Irish belong no where near a list like that. Cleveland Gary didn't fumble.

I'd swap 2013 FSU and 2019 LSU. That was a **** impressive LSU team last year. Mid-2000's USC championship team also belongs on there somewhere, but they probably took them off because of the Reggie Bush bullsh!t. If you're gonna let Baga and Clemson and LSU and Jimbo-era FSU get away with the kind of crap they do, then USC certainly doesn't deserve any tarnish.

Advertisement
Back