2023 ATH Robby Washington; Killian HS

Advertisement
So do I and frankly it really doesn't seem like such a long time ago. That was the class of 04 IIRC. We signed Bobby Washington(Killian) Charlie Jones(South Dade), Derron Thomas out of Louisiana and Andrew Johnson out of Pittsburgh. I believe that James Bryant from PA was also in this class and was a freak athlete that could play LB/RB. I think Bryant was 6'3" 240 lbs or something close to that. There may have been a few DJ Williams comparisons. Obviously his career never took off for whatever reason.
Yeah we had Bobby and Charlie both who were 5* guys. We also had Thomas and Johnson and our staff was still going balls to the wall for Adrian Peterson rightfully so lol. Still wish Bobby could’ve played for us he’s a guy that truly wanted to be a Cane.

But yeah James Bryant was drawing Dj Williams comparisons. He was a 1st Team USA Today All-American LB and considered 5* by some services. For whatever reason he never did jack for us.

But anyways back to business did the brothers show up today? I wish they’d go ahead and commit. We need them, Jalen Brown and Bain on board early.

Did they show up today?

1648144776522.png

Advertisement
I agree... But at the same time. You can't fault a hs athlete for taking advantage of the attention he's getting when it comes to recruiting.
I think the recruiting buzz and great updates and news has got folks thinking its June or July. LOL. Its March and they want these kids to just pop right here and now. LOL. ****, let these kids have a little fun. Enjoy the process.

The main insider on here already said that Mario had to tell a few kids to hold off on their commitments. Even Mario knows this is a little too early for some of these kids. (And the insider also said if we as fans knew who they were we would probably fly a banner. Lol). Let these kids have some summer fun. I have no issue with that. The only early commit I am looking for is one from a QB. After that, ill just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Advertisement
On his own maybe not. But if it secures his brother, we’ve had much worse takes tbh

Oh I am not saying whether I agree or disagree with it or not. It's just a hunch due to us being involved with some big timers right now, that's all. It's just that whole package deal thing + the Robby situation early on with UM (yes I know that was under a different staff). I just...I don't know lol. The bright side is package deals rarely work out anyway, plus I know that our guys will be straight shooters with them regardless. If we really want Robby, which I believe we do, then I believe he will ultimately be here, regardless of what his brother does. I trust our guys so if they take the brother then cool, if not.....cool.

Advertisement
Oh I am not saying whether I agree or disagree with it or not. It's just a hunch due to us being involved with some big timers right now, that's all. It's just that whole package deal thing + the Robby situation early on with UM (yes I know that was under a different staff). I just...I don't know lol. The bright side is package deals rarely work out anyway, plus I know that our guys will be straight shooters with them regardless. If we really want Robby, which I believe we do, then I believe he will ultimately be here, regardless of what his brother does. I trust our guys so if they take the brother then cool, if not.....cool.
I feel you no doubt. But if you look at the LB room, it needs both talent and youth. I don’t think Bobby prevents us from taking any of the guys we’ve been on.

Steed is 24 years old, Keontra already entering year 4, Flagg and and TAC year 3, Frierson entering year 5.

Like you said, if we get Robby, I’m good either way.

Weird feeling about these two, simply because I just feel as if the LB isn't a take right now. JMO.
He’s definitely a take. It’s a calculated risk. He isn’t a small undersized unathletic guy that’s been playing DE. He has the size 6’3 205, tape shows athleticism and striking power while actually playing lb. He’s dropping into coverage, running down screen passes and coming up to stop the run against the best of the best in S. Florida. He also has the family pedigree. Bobby is far from a curtesy take.

*Committing to the same school.

*Miami, Florida State and Auburn are final 3.

*Committing now to lock their spot in.

*CS thinks Miami has the edge fwiw.

Bobby: “Miami, I just love to be home. And it’s home. Florida State, they like both of us, we have bonded with the coaches there. And Auburn - one of my coaches went there, and their coaches have shown a lot of love.”

Advertisement
Will Robby leave his brother hanging once the big dogs come calling is my fear. He will absolutely have the elite schools on his a$$ by Fall. This will be a rollercoaster recruitment.

I have been waiting decades to get back at Auburn for the “Rickey Sealey/Morris Sealey” ***** job from the 90s. Rickey was the boss hog. Morris was an afterthought. Package deal..Dennis wouldn’t take both. They went to Auburn.

Advertisement
Back