ATH Christian Leary

Advertisement
Doesn't matter much if no-one can catch him. Look what those rb at Ucf do and all them boys are small as well. This offense creates lots of space and players like Leary will thrive in them.

I understand that...I'm just saying, you can only take 1 of those guys every couple years...Even in those offenses. And when you say best position, those kids usually go slot next level.

Not disagreeing with you though, you are right...Maybe it will be him. And position doesn't matter...Get him 40 catches and 40 carries a year and you are going to get a few home runs, not to mention the return game.

I know kids eat that stuff up, but it's amusing when coaches talk about using a player from 15+ years ago, under a totally different coaching staff, and a totally different era of football as the example. I know we're not immune from it either. I wonder if we told Thad Franklin that we're gonna use him like the Browns used Jim Brown (hyperbole I know).
Gawd **** I’m old, Percy harvin was in college 15yrs ago jezus lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
That kid is not tiny. He’s bigger than Knighton right now, and with just one year in a program he’ll be the same size as Cam Harris.

Doesn't look that way or listed that way? Has he grown substantially recently? Either way I'd obviously love to have him on board.

Miami better win a LOT of games this year and I still don’t think it’ll be enough to land a marquee class. I have a bad feeling about 2021. Obviously a marathon to go but there just doesn’t seem to be much traction with the vast majority of the top in-state kids right now. Very, very uphill climb for this staff.

Some of these kids just don’t have interest in Miami in these recruitments people often forget that. This is also Lingard cousin so that that as you will either way..
This is a deep year with these type of kids so I’m not fretting this whatsoever

Last edited:
Advertisement

Miami better win a LOT of games this year and I still don’t think it’ll be enough to land a marquee class. I have a bad feeling about 2021. Obviously a marathon to go but there just doesn’t seem to be much traction with the vast majority of the top in-state kids right now. Very, very uphill climb for this staff.

Lol it’s February and ur panicking.

a lot of players like this kid waiting to see what our offense will look like. If we kill it then he will highly consider us.

Lol it’s February and ur panicking.

Nobody’s panicking. But the meat of recruiting is happening earlier and earlier every year. February 2020 is not what February 2015 was. Not even close. And I literally said there’s a marathon to go and things can change. But go pull up the composite top 50 kids in the state and tell me how many you’re remotely confident in landing. The past few years it’s been different than it is right now.

Advertisement
Nobody’s panicking. But the meat of recruiting is happening earlier and earlier every year. February 2020 is not what February 2015 was. Not even close. And I literally said there’s a marathon to go and things can change. But go pull up the composite top 50 kids in the state and tell me how many you’re remotely confident in landing. The past few years it’s been different than it is right now.

HS kids change their mind daily. We’re coming off a 6-7 season with losses to FIU and La Tech. The product on the field has to be better to attract kids to stay home. Even with that, we aren’t going to get every elite kid from South Fl. If we win and not look like middle school kids on offense the 21 class will be fine

Maybe I’m tripping but I get the feeling staff is telling kids to downplay us in their recruitments. It’s like they’re tryna have every recruitment end like Avantae’s where most ppl didn’t think we were getting him.

This kid just did an interview over the weekend hyping up UM and now w not in his Top12???
Smells fishy to me...

HS kids change their mind daily. We’re coming off a 6-7 season with losses to FIU and La Tech. The product on the field has to be better to attract kids to stay home. Even with that, we aren’t going to get every elite kid from South Fl. If we win and not look like middle school kids on offense the 21 class will be fine

1. We were even more recently off a 6-7 season and still landed the #13 2020 class.

2. We’ve never gotten every elite kid in SFL and I’m not even remotely expecting anything close to that this class, or any class.

3. I think it’ll be fine, I agree with you. But fine doesn’t win rings. Elite wins rings. This class has a long way to go for it to be trending towards elite, unless somehow we land some monster OOS kids.

4. It’s February and things can/will change. A big year on the field this year can move the needle a lot. But right this second the top 50 kids in the state are largely uninterested in Miami. The staff needs to win a lot this fall and recruit their asses off to even match a #13ish class this cycle, and even that’s not good enough for where we want the program to go.

Advertisement
Back