ATH Christian Leary

Advertisement
The schools recruiting him hardest?

He rattles off UM along with Texas, Arizona State, Florida, FSU, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Of Miami, he says “They offered me at both receiver and running back, will flex me out a little bit - it would be fun to move around like that.”

Of the new spread offense under Rhett Lashlee, Leary said, “That opens up things for me, gets me the ball in open space. They told me I’d be on kick return, punt return.”

He adds “Just their energy down there - Miami is different down there, I’m not going to lie. They move a little different down there.

“It gets you pumped, that’s why I’m really read to get back down there … see how it looks in that orange and green.”

Leary’s plan is to announce a commitment on his mother’s birthday June 6.

We are at a crossroads if Lashlee offense works. Let’s hope it does.

I work with his stepdad. Hes been telling me about him for years. Kids a fan of the gators but will def consider us because of our switch to the spread. Doesnt want to be a rb btw

Interesting. RB looks like his money position to me.

Advertisement
I guess Mullen will be playing the Percy Harvin card!
I know kids eat that stuff up, but it's amusing when coaches talk about using a player from 15+ years ago, under a totally different coaching staff, and a totally different era of football as the example. I know we're not immune from it either. I wonder if we told Thad Franklin that we're gonna use him like the Browns used Jim Brown (hyperbole I know).

I work with his stepdad. Hes been telling me about him for years. Kids a fan of the gators but will def consider us because of our switch to the spread. Doesnt want to be a rb btw
He said he would like to play RB as well in college. That’s why Miami has pitched that to him. Those are his exact words.

Florida has a commitment from Brashard Smith and Trevonte Rucker. Two of which are in the same mold of Leary. I don’t know if Mullen will go for another short WR as he like his WRs bigger and taller. However, Leary is certainly high on gators.

Advertisement
I know kids eat that stuff up, but it's amusing when coaches talk about using a player from 15+ years ago, under a totally different coaching staff, and a totally different era of football as the example. I know we're not immune from it either. I wonder if we told Thad Franklin that we're gonna use him like the Browns used Jim Brown (hyperbole I know).
Well Dan Mullen was the offensive coordinator that use Percy in Florida so it’s not that much of a stretch.

Mullen was OC and their WR coach, Billy Gonzales was wr coach back then. He’s the one Harvin choked

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I remember correctly he ran a 10.7
Trying to confirm but I think a kid for Bishop Moore won the event and ran a 10.9. The kid is just a sophomore as well. My friends kid ran a 11.04 (freshman) and that was for 17 place. A bunch of fast kids in the Orlando area this year.

Mullen was OC and their WR coach, Billy Gonzales was wr coach back then. He’s the one Harvin choked
Forgot all about that, thanks. Interestingly enough, I actually know Gonzalez from his time at Kent State. He was a prick then, I can't imagine how big of one he is now.

Advertisement
Back