ATH Christian Leary

Stepdad said he was committed and announcement coming soon. Didnt press him on for who but its 100% not UM. Its BAMA or OU.

Advertisement
Stepdad said he was committed and announcement coming soon. Didnt press him on for who but its 100% not UM. Its BAMA or OU.

OU. They've been hinting at a few guys "committed" or on the verge of committing for two weeks. Leary, Mario Williams, Caleb Williams being three of them.....

EDIT: just checked the OU insiders board on 247. Here's the latest update on those three from this morning:

Yesterday evening Sooners inside WR coach, Cale Gundy, tweeted out the #Serious3 hashtag again, and then a tweet calling OU #2SportU. That was in line with the Sooners hosting four-star WR Mario Williams, who is a baseball and football player at Plant City (FL) Plant City HS. Williams is just one of the #Serious3 the Sooners staff tweets about quite a bit.

Another is...

*** Christian Leary***
OU is still pushing for four-star WR Christian Leary (Captain Obvious statement of the week). He is another two-sport recruit that OU is after. Leary runs track and would like to do that at the college level, too. We talked about why Leary had to cancel his virtual visit that he is rescheduling

I spoke to a few more sources from all over, yesterday, about Leary. I plan on reaching out to a Bama source today to see what I can find out, but depending on who you talk to, it seems that OU is still, potentially, in the lead. I use the word "potentially" because there is conflicting info depending on who you speak to, and there is a long time till June 6th.

A few sources say it's Alabama and Florida, and the Sooners aren't in it. Sources around here say it's OU, Alabama, and Ohio State, with Florida not being in it. Another source thinks it's just Bama and OU with OU in the lead. One last source I do trust more than others told me, "My gut says OU right now, but I am still working on it."

Then you add Steve Wiltfong's Whiparound where he talked about OU and their potential lead for Leary. As you can see, there is quite a bit of back and forth between all sides here. The way I see it, all but one school is getting bad information, or Leary is telling everyone what they want to hear. Either way, this is going to be a fun one to follow through the next month.

Lastly, Wiltfong did say something that is one of the reasons I put a crystal ball to OU for Leary, adding, "If Caleb Williams goes to OU, and Mario Williams does too, you could realistically see Leary following them to Norman." Wiltfong has told me that off-air and has a variated version of that on the video linked above."

Last edited:
Per his twitter - we're getting a visit and FSU after pandemic

1588364982940.png

Advertisement
Guys, this young man is all Oklahoma. Trust me. Mario Williams is also going to be going to OU and wants leary there with him. Leary will take a visit to Auburn and that’s the only school that really has a chance to flip his mind.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter. Likens seems to be looking for size and speed hence why the 3 WRS up top right now are Jaden Alexis, Malik Nabers, and a 6’4 WR named Keon Johnson from New Orleans.

Even if he commits to Bama I wouldn’t be surprised if his recruitment continues and they pass him up for someone else. A lot of these Florida kids want to own the internet and are about to figure out that once those spots are filled, it’s over.

Advertisement
I don’t know who that is that put in a CB for Bama but trust me... he’s all OU at this moment. He may be taking a look at Auburn and UF as well.

Advertisement
I don’t know who that is that put in a CB for Bama but trust me... he’s all OU at this moment. He may be taking a look at Auburn and UF as well.

all three schools are saying he is telling them all what they want to hear.

Advertisement
Back