At least play all the kids

Advertisement
Great post

We paid all this money for Mario and the team looks the same as when Manny was coach

Awful product to watch, same mistakes, same recruiting struggles (losing top local guys)

Like what are we doing here

Same ingredients same quality of product

Never seen a backup I didn't like.
We talkin' all time on all teams all sports, all time Miami, or this Miami season only?

I can name drop a few backups in my time that took the gig and sucked huge donkus.

I wonder if Mario is self aware enough to know he won’t be able to build what he wants here if his caveman product loses to any team JV high school level or above. Look out because I think this new look offense was bland beyond belief and will be held

Playing the devils advocate, if the young guys are played and they get burned (DB’s) or pushed around (LB’s and DL) will their confidence be destroyed?

We’ve heard a gazillion times, win and the recruits will come. Playing the young guys could increase the likelihood of losses so how does that affect recruiting.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

Advertisement
4 years is prob being generous. More like 6 lol
Nah, I think we're unlikely to lose him for longer still. If this goes south in the pessimistic scenario we're talking about, we'd get left behind in the ACC. Then he'd probably win the **** thing to earn an extension.

Leaving the stadium I did not sense anything but apathy and acceptance that our best won't ever be good enough.

Advertisement
You're a smart poster and we played to win. We played to win with players we thought could win the game. A couple of plays here and there, guess what, we win.

You score with 4 plays inside the 2.

We don't go for it around the 50, kick it deep, and play defense.

Knighton doesn't fumble.

Mallory picks up that crucial down on a catchable ball.

Take any 2 of those four things, we likely win the game.

I don't get this thread. I understand the thinking, but why throw in the towel? That's how you lose a team.

While anything can happen, UNC is 2-0 in the ACC and has Duke/GT/Virginia as 3 of the 6 teams on their ACC schedule. We'd have to only drop 1 more game (Clemson) and they'd have to drop 3 games. They may very well drop games to Pitt, WF, and NCSt. But, I don't like our probabilities of running the table sans Clemson. Is it possible? Sure. But, I'd play the probabilities and use the time/snaps to develop the kids and run experiments. I'd guess we look worse, but maybe not by that much. And, who knows, maybe they surprise us. Colbie Young stepped right in and did (yes, tiny flash) what we had heard our WR crew might not be able to do. Ya never know.

We are what we are and that’s been relatively clear since Southern Miss: average to below average in almost all aspects.

Can we make our now unlikely ‘run’ at the ACC coastal with more of Bissainthe, Chase Smith, Kelly, any new CBs (since they all get toasted or miscommunicate anyway), Skinner, a real snap distribution at WR, Cooper (OL), and ***whatever other experiments*** we can muster up the courage to try? Yeah, I can see we’re trickling them and different things in. This post is about fully opening the faucet.

Look, what Mario seemingly wants to do (discipline, ‘physical,’ etc.) and what he’s said he wants to build was never gonna happen overnight, but ***that doesn’t excuse the last three losses.*** It’s a brutal product to watch. He’s paid huge money and given much bigger resources than any other previous coach exactly so he can build his program WHILE winning at least the games he should. So far, he has failed at that.

Especially considering a loss to an MTSU team that’s even been rocked by a team (UAB) we took transfers from (who ironically mostly sit on our bench), among other ‘below average’ teams (UTSA and James Madison). And, now a 24 point showing against a weak UNC defense.

Mario will likely talk about the fumble and the mistakes players made, but I wish he’d mention we are plainly underperforming our [mediocre] talent and focus accountability on improved strategies. Our team takes forever to even get started, which is usually an indicator of prep/strategy.

So, fine. Keep hammering away at round holes with square pegs. Most fans have no real choice but to watch. ***But, let’s do that with most of the young guys, maybe?*** No need to slowly build up their snaps or try to win with the other guys. We’re already losing and climbing uphill in the ACC.

I think it’s our best hope to make this product feel less torturous.
I believe taking over a new program you want to lean on your older , more experienced players and for multiple reasons. But at this point you‘ve been fair and gave guys their shot and we’ve seen the results. The young guys thats been playing are no longer rookies, they’ve been in the battles and should be caught up with what’s going on. So I’d start giving WB, Chase, Kelly,Young, Skinner and Cooper a huge bump in minutes or starting some of them. I’d also start sprinkling in the younger cb’s to get their feet wet. And before anybody mentions J Harris getting beat that was a bust on Kam. Harris was expecting deep help from
Kam. He gave an inside release to the wr for a reason.

If the vets can‘t play their assignments there’s no reason to play them. I’m tired of seeing the same guys bust coverage and miss tackles.

This team just doesnt have any good players outside of the QB maybe.
And the staff bears plenty of responsibility given that 50 blue chip recruits should be enough to find at least 1 guy you tune in to watch.
But there's a lot of inconsistency. we've played BCU, MTSU and SoMiss and none of the freshman have even flashed. U expect to see something in conference play?

By this time we knew we had Duke, Spence, Lamar, Greg, AR15, Perryman... ****, even Shaq. The fact that you're not seeing em already is because they arent here and that's concerning because not only does it mean the recruiting/eval is ****, it also means the development is ****.

When was the last time you tuned in to watch a player that Miami RECRUITED?

Advertisement
While anything can happen, UNC is 2-0 in the ACC and has Duke/GT/Virginia as 3 of the 6 teams on their ACC schedule. We'd have to only drop 1 more game (Clemson) and they'd have to drop 3 games. They may very well drop games to Pitt, WF, and NCSt. But, I don't like our probabilities of running the table sans Clemson. Is it possible? Sure. But, I'd play the probabilities and use the time/snaps to develop the kids and run experiments. I'd guess we look worse, but maybe not by that much. And, who knows, maybe they surprise us. Colbie Young stepped right in and did (yes, tiny flash) what we had heard our WR crew might not be able to do. Ya never know.

I'm not worried about the probability of winning the Coastal, I'm concerned about winning games. The rest will work itself out.

You start playing young guys who make the same mistakes or make us look worse, that's going to affect the overall win total which matters. Players also talk, you lose a team that way. You'll lose recruits that way as well as the older guys will be candid as **** with any potential recruits.

I get what you're saying, building towards next year and all, but this isn't the NFL where you're rewarded with something (higher draft pick probability) as the losses pile up. The negatives fat outweigh the positives here.

You give the young guys some series as you can. You let them spell someone who is having an off day as you get that players head straight. You play with what you've got now, but not at the expense of the season while looking forward to next year.

Same ingredients same quality of product
To quote someone I respect, "Even the best chef in the world can't take trash and make it into a michelin starred meal"

The ingredients(IE TALENT) matters. I've said it once and I'll say it again, the biggest gripe I have with Mario right now is that he didn't completely overhaul this roster through the portal. He should have gone the Lincoln Riley route and tried to bring the whole **** Oregon team with him.

Advertisement
Man who you telling every year I want to see how bad the guy behind the starter could possibly be.
There are gamers with ice in their veins and great practice players whos lights go out when the bright lights turn on. You never know unless they get in the game. Warren Sapp hated the gym, hated practice but loved to beat people during the game.

There are gamers with ice in their veins and great practice players whos lights go out when the bright lights turn on. You never know unless they get in the game. Warren Sapp hated the gym, hated practice but loved to beat people during the game.
As Iverson would say

Advertisement
Back