At least play all the kids

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
We are what we are and that’s been relatively clear since Southern Miss: average to below average in almost all aspects.

Can we make our now unlikely ‘run’ at the ACC coastal with more of Bissainthe, Chase Smith, Kelly, any new CBs (since they all get toasted or miscommunicate anyway), Skinner, a real snap distribution at WR, Cooper (OL), and ***whatever other experiments*** we can muster up the courage to try? Yeah, I can see we’re trickling them and different things in. This post is about fully opening the faucet.

Look, what Mario seemingly wants to do (discipline, ‘physical,’ etc.) and what he’s said he wants to build was never gonna happen overnight, but ***that doesn’t excuse the last three losses.*** It’s a brutal product to watch. He’s paid huge money and given much bigger resources than any other previous coach exactly so he can build his program WHILE winning at least the games he should. So far, he has failed at that.

Especially considering a loss to an MTSU team that’s even been rocked by a team (UAB) we took transfers from (who ironically mostly sit on our bench), among other ‘below average’ teams (UTSA and James Madison). And, now a 24 point showing against a weak UNC defense.

Mario will likely talk about the fumble and the mistakes players made, but I wish he’d mention we are plainly underperforming our [mediocre] talent and focus accountability on improved strategies. Our team takes forever to even get started, which is usually an indicator of prep/strategy.

So, fine. Keep hammering away at round holes with square pegs. Most fans have no real choice but to watch. ***But, let’s do that with most of the young guys, maybe?*** No need to slowly build up their snaps or try to win with the other guys. We’re already losing and climbing uphill in the ACC.

I think it’s our best hope to make this product feel less torturous.

Advertisement
Colbie Young looks pretty good out there. He looks like a WR that can make a play on a 50/50 ball, the same as Skinner.

Wes's size and speed stand out every time he's on the field. I don't get why we don't see Chase Smith more.

Kelly is going to be a good one.

Great post

We paid all this money for Mario and the team looks the same as when Manny was coach

Awful product to watch, same mistakes, same recruiting struggles (losing top local guys)

Like what are we doing here

We are what we are and that’s been relatively clear since Southern Miss: average to below average in almost all aspects.

Can we make our now unlikely ‘run’ at the ACC coastal with more of Bissainthe, Chase Smith, Kelly, any new CBs (since they all get toasted or miscommunicate anyway), Skinner, a real snap distribution at WR, Cooper (OL), and ***whatever other experiments*** we can muster up the courage to try? Yeah, I can see we’re trickling them and different things in. This post is about fully opening the faucet.

Look, what Mario seemingly wants to do (discipline, ‘physical,’ etc.) and what he’s said he wants to build was never gonna happen overnight, but ***that doesn’t excuse the last three losses.*** It’s a brutal product to watch. He’s paid huge money and given much bigger resources than any other previous coach exactly so he can build his program WHILE winning at least the games he should. So far, he has failed at that.

Especially considering a loss to an MTSU team that’s even been rocked by a team (UAB) we took transfers from (who ironically mostly sit on our bench), among other ‘below average’ teams (UTSA and James Madison). And, now a 24 point showing against a weak UNC defense.

Mario will likely talk about the fumble and the mistakes players made, but I wish he’d mention we are plainly underperforming our [mediocre] talent and focus accountability on improved strategies. Our team takes forever to even get started, which is usually an indicator of prep/strategy.

So, fine. Keep hammering away at round holes with square pegs. Most fans have no real choice but to watch. ***But, let’s do that with most of the young guys, maybe?*** No need to slowly build up their snaps or try to win with the other guys. We’re already losing and climbing uphill in the ACC.

I think it’s our best hope to make this product feel less torturous.
Never seen a backup I didn't like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If that's what you took from the post, think you missed this one. Nothing to do with who (backups) I think are better players. Everything to do with taking Ls with young guys we hope develop over players we know aren't likely to develop much more (if at all).
It wasn't from your post it was from my perspective. The players behind the starters are always more desirable. I understood your post.

Advertisement
I'm just tired of seeing the same players make the same mistakes and don't get accounted for it. Mallory had one of the worst block attempts I've seen in this game that resulted in a TFL. He's atrocious at blocking.... Like one of the worst I've seen at this position ever in Canes history.

Its time to sit the players that won't be back next year. I agree wholeheartedly. None of them can be any worse.

Advertisement
I'm just tired of seeing the same players make the same mistakes and don't get accounted for it. Mallory had one of the worst block attempts I've seen in this game that resulted in a TFL. He's atrocious at blocking.... Like one of the worst I've seen at this position ever in Canes history.
Mallory had one of the worst ______ is literally the last 4 years. Drops, blocks you name it he's consistent.

It wasn't from your post it was from my perspective. The players behind the starters are always more desirable. I understood your post.
I actually think the young guys - for example, the CBs - are likely to give up more plays (therefore, probably worse) than some of the others, but now that this season is likely shot, I think it's worth the squeeze. LBs, too. F it, man. My group pays decent money for basically two rows in the lower bowl. At least trot out a product we can give a **** about...and, yes, I realize that's based mostly on the idiotic hope they later develop into something that helps turn Ls into Ws.

I actually think the young guys - for example, the CBs - are likely to give up more plays (therefore, probably worse) than some of the others, but now that this season is likely shot, I think it's worth the squeeze. LBs, too. F it, man. My group pays decent money for basically two rows in the lower bowl. At least trot out a product we can give a **** about...and, yes, I realize that's based mostly on the idiotic hope they later develop into something that helps turn Ls into Ws.
TVD is the only player that should feel comfortable about his spot for next week. I keep trying to figure out who is a good player for Miami.

Advertisement
Back