At first I was disappointed, but now I am...

Manny Diaz was a lazy higher. Manny benefited from a cupcake schedule. Every time we played a team with a pulse, his defense was shredded. Most recently Boston College dropped almost 450 yards on him, including 230 plus on the ground.

2019: 5-7

Thank god your in the minority with your opinion.

Advertisement
Ryan Day has a good resume and proved he could run the team in Urban's absence. Don't know how it works out long term but I wouldn't classify these as the same

Dude Urban ran the practices. He was suspended for the games only. I would venture to say Banda and Patke have more experience. Lol

Dude Urban ran the practices. He was suspended for the games only. I would venture to say Banda and Patke have more experience. Lol
What? Day began as a GA in 2003, working his way up. He has been OC/QB coach for Temple and Boston College. He's also been a QB coach for the Eagles and 49ers. LOL at the bartender and the community college LB having more experience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Day_(American_football)

What? Day began as a GA in 2003, working his way up. He has been OC/QB coach for Temple and Boston College. He's also been a QB coach for the Eagles and 49ers. LOL at the bartender and the community college LB having more experience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Day_(American_football)

It was intended to be somewhat sarcastic because Ryan Day is an underwhelming hire no matter what Wikipedia says. But yes i know he has more experience.

Advertisement
By that theory every single position coach in America is ready to be a DC.
Every single position coach knows the defense they are coaching . They need to know it in order to teach it to the players they are responsible for.

If you thought losing Diaz wrecked this recruiting, add in Banda & Patke to the mix. We would have lost everybody. We would be signimg a top 80 class at this point & not 34 spot.

If you thought losing Diaz wrecked this recruiting, add in Banda & Patke to the mix. We would have lost everybody. We would be signimg a top 80 class at this point & not 34 spot.

No. You missed my point.
I want to get the best DC available period.
I want a full search and not the laziest one possible.
The net results in the recruiting class are not enough to deny the program the opportunity to get the best DC possible.
Second of all in the long term (next year) hiring the best DC possible would have been better fir recruiting than Banda and Patke.
Short sighted decision that will yield short sighted results.

Advertisement
Back