Assuming we have 5 ships left...

Advertisement
I mean honestly assuming is almost worthless because they wont all stick even if the staff drops some guys to get other studs they want. Now to answer (even though theres no way we only have 5 ships left) I would take Pelon, Moten, Johnson, Dixon and Berrios but like I said we have more then 5 ships and even if we dont there will be guys who will be gone

Who do you think will be gone?
Idk and I dont think they'll do that unless it gets super tight with schollies but if anything I think it goes position for position or a guy who is looking may get left out for a higher rated player who is going to pull the trigger. Let's say Terry McCray turns into a NSD guy considering LSU strongly but then a surprise commit comes like AQM was last year I would think they let McCray go because he may not be talented enough to be worth that fight. Just thinking off the top of my head but this staff just like all the great ones will find room

Thanks, logical and makes sense.

What are we doing to do at DT next year? Hate to think one spot will sink us, but we lose 3 of the top 4 and we have very little behind them.

We got Stuckey, Hamilton and Kamalu gettin snaps there, recruiting 2 other Juco DT's, and will play the waiver wire hard. I have faith that in another year Moore will be servicable, maybe King as well in a limited role, Pierres solid, Kamalu could be the goods, maybe Chick gets more DT snaps because of our depth at DE, especially if Shayon gets a medical RS.

It could be better but it could be worse, we'll see what we close with. I think we'll have the numbers there so at least keeping guys fresh all the time could be some sort of counter for not having a true nose type dude ready till Valentine and Jenkins are ready. I think we're sleeping on Stuckey a bit, If we can get him in early I think he could push to start.

Advertisement
I honestly think we have more than 5. I think scholly sanctions would hit starting next year even if we get any. We are pretty far under the limit now if I'm not mistaken, plus with a decent sized Senior class leaving, plus theres still a few guys who may or may not stick with the program that would be managable losses (to put it nicely).

If we get a solid amount of EE's which has clearly been a focus of the staff this year, I think this class can hover around the 32 signee mark.

I honestly think we have more than 5. I think scholly sanctions would hit starting next year even if we get any. We are pretty far under the limit now if I'm not mistaken, plus with a decent sized Senior class leaving, plus theres still a few guys who may or may not stick with the program that would be managable losses (to put it nicely).

If we get a solid amount of EE's which has clearly been a focus of the staff this year, I think this class can hover around the 32 signee mark.

I think so too but I think they are waiting for the NCAA. So we're playing at 75 and we have 18/19 scholarships maturing (without any kids leaving early), that would leave us with 57/58 total. http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/56616-O%92s-Eligibility-Chart-9-24-2013

Let's say 4 attrition and 2 kids don't qualify in the 2014 Class [57/58 becomes 51/52] perhaps we are down -4 ships for sanctions so that bring it back up to 55/56. I could see 30 total kids.

24 Kids Committed, 2 More Prep (Griffin and Lockley) so I think 6-8 more would be the number if we get our dose of medicine from the NCAA.

1. JUCO DT (Johnson or Pelon)
2. HS DT (Molton)
3. Safety (No idea)
4. WR (Dixon)
5. WR/RB (Berrios)
------------ (To go over this hump, I think it depends on the NCAA)
6. Elite DL (i.e. Willis)
7. Elite RB/WR/TE (i.e. Brady)
8. JUCO OL/LB (i.e. Blair, Mavety, Young)

Advertisement
Back