Assuming we have 5 ships left...

Consigliere

All-American
and everyone currently committed to us signs, what positions (no specific players) would you use them on?

Advertisement
2 DT (preferably juco stud)
2 WR
1 safety

next in line:
interior OL
Inside LB (this could move up if DP leaves)

I mean honestly assuming is almost worthless because they wont all stick even if the staff drops some guys to get other studs they want. Now to answer (even though theres no way we only have 5 ships left) I would take Pelon, Moten, Johnson, Dixon and Berrios but like I said we have more then 5 ships and even if we dont there will be guys who will be gone

I mean honestly assuming is almost worthless because they wont all stick even if the staff drops some guys to get other studs they want. Now to answer (even though theres no way we only have 5 ships left) I would take Pelon, Moten, Johnson, Dixon and Berrios but like I said we have more then 5 ships and even if we dont there will be guys who will be gone

It was more of a numbers question, which was too difficult to answer (I say positions, you named players). So assume even if we lose a TE like Herdon, we replace it with another TE.

1. JUCO DT (Replacing Porter and Robinson)
2. HS DT
3. WR (We lose Hurns and we already lost Carter)
4. WR/RB
5. Safety

2 DT's, 2 Safeties 1 WR but we will probably end up with 2 WR's out of Brady, Dixon & Berrios so if we play Gray as a Safety instead of WR then i'd be happy with 1 Safety (hopefully Glass) but honestly who knows the amount of ships we have left.

Advertisement
What are we doing to do at DT next year? Hate to think one spot will sink us, but we lose 3 of the top 4 and we have very little behind them.

2 DTs definite
either 1 or 2 of each S/DB and WR
if Berrios and two of the studs want to come, we may take 3 WRs

Advertisement
2 DTs (Pelon, Moten)
1 OG
1 S (Glass)
1 WR (one of Dixon, Berrios, Lane)

/We have more than 5 ships imo.

I think we have alot more then 5 spots left considering we add a few back to 2013. I think even with the 5 Scholarship reductions self imposed UM can slide in another 3 + 5 ( from the OP).

So I agree with Jamaicacanes list but would add FS Nick Glass, 1 power back, and 1 OG such as a Mauler type like 2014 Tim Gardner who was sent to prep school at Milford Academy by OSU after getting into petty trouble upon arriving on campus this june. But now OSU is going in a different direction since 2014 OG D. knox committed to them. He has drawn comparisons to former Bama OG and top 10 pick Chance Warmack.

Tim Gardner was sent home for at least the rest of the year after coaches learned he was arrested over the July 20th weekend, charged with obstruction of official business. He allegedly attempted to flee police after first being stopped on a street corner near campus on Saturday night on suspicion of public intoxication.

It was a bone head drunk student move, but what underage college kid hasn't run from a party broken up by the cops. Granted after everything Gardner had to go through to get into OSU ( Meyer told him if he could lose 30 lbs in a month and then come back to dominate OSU's Friday night lights he would get an offer, an the kid did it); Gardner should not have put himself in the predicament as a player to begin with that would put his future in jeopardy. Urban Meyer was caught up in the arrest of 3 other players that weekend as well for true Felons of assault, so he made an example of Gardner by dismissing him since he was considered a high risk high reward project at the time as an incoming freshman.

Tim Gardner is 6'4" 310lbs runs a 5.1 sec 40 yd time benches 340lbs and squats 500lbs (keep in mind that was before he got serious about his Strength & Conditioning).

2014 Prep OG Tim Gardner 2012 seaon highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/129943/tim-gardner

2014 Prep OG Tim Gardner
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/05/22249/better-know-a-buckeye-timothy-gardner.

Go Canes

Last edited:
2 DT (preferably juco stud)
2 WR
1 safety

next in line:
interior OL
Inside LB (this could move up if DP leaves)

I agree with this. But I think we probably have 6 spots left which we would add another OL in that class. It just seems like OL is still a priority based on how many guys we still are recruiting.

JUCO DT
LINEBACKER
SAFETY
RUNNING BACK
WR

I know we will have more ships...got a feeling with all this new talent that keeps coming in other kids will continue to transfer
This team is getting better and better and better...WOW

Advertisement
I want a safety but if we're asking about 5 ships left I think wr and dline depth are more important because we can use Gray and/or Mayes as safeties

ima go with 3 DT's...2 JUCO that are ready to play giving 3 JUCO DT's ( i know it's a dream but a big need IMO with what we are losing. One injury/player not doing well on d line next year is bad news)

and 2 WR.

1-2 Years from now DT and WR will be a concern IMO...possibly LB but hoping Kirby, Blue, Grace et all pick it up and are good to go (along with Denzel staying)

1 Juco dt
2 wr
1 s
1 lb or OG...these two factors are if we have early attrition...DP is playing like a possible early entree type.

Advertisement
1 DT
1 SDE/DT
2 WR
1 S
////// Golden wont leave top talent on the board with this class if a Lane, Cook, Knox(still holding out hope) or anyone they have on the top of their list will be canes.
EX. we land Pelon, moten & street you dont turn none of them away
Griffin/ lockley

Last edited:
1. Juco DT
2. HS DT
3. WR
4. S
5. RB if Cook, otherwise another WR.

I'd like one more OG and ILB as well.

Who do you think will be gone?

Who do you think will be gone?
Idk and I dont think they'll do that unless it gets super tight with schollies but if anything I think it goes position for position or a guy who is looking may get left out for a higher rated player who is going to pull the trigger. Let's say Terry McCray turns into a NSD guy considering LSU strongly but then a surprise commit comes like AQM was last year I would think they let McCray go because he may not be talented enough to be worth that fight. Just thinking off the top of my head but this staff just like all the great ones will find room

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back