Assuming there is a season....early odds

Advertisement
We are 60 -1 and WI is 75-1. I wonder what odds are IF Miami plays WI in a bowl game? I love the Canes but 60-1 seems little blind to me. Looking at teams 100-1 that have better chance. UCLA at 500-1? They are a disaster but aren't we? Does Manny have friends in Vegas. Don't get me wrong, I understand that 2017 proved that college football is dying for THE U to get back into the limelight and we get into the playoffs first time we give them any excuse to do it, but dang. we have looked worst than horrible.

We are 60 -1 and WI is 75-1. I wonder what odds are IF Miami plays WI in a bowl game? I love the Canes but 60-1 seems little blind to me. Looking at teams 100-1 that have better chance. UCLA at 500-1? They are a disaster but aren't we? Does Manny have friends in Vegas. Don't get me wrong, I understand that 2017 proved that college football is dying for THE U to get back into the limelight and we get into the playoffs first time we give them any excuse to do it, but dang. we have looked worst than horrible.

Miami will be favored to win a P5 division, as they always are. That puts you 1 game away from the playoffs, most likely.

On paper, we've been favored for years.

We just have to make sure the paper matches the field play.

In other news, some ADs are saying if the season is not played this year, some programs may be forced to shut down??

Advertisement
On paper, we've been favored for years.

We just have to make sure the paper matches the field play.

In other news, some ADs are saying if the season is not played this year, some programs may be forced to shut down??

Sure, some programs really exist paycheck to paycheck, meaning season to season, though they would not admit that.

An interesting related point, if there is no season, what about those annual financial aid agreements? Technically all students athletes under such agreements are free agents each year, but could we see a bunch jump to more "solvent" programs and conferences?

How bad would it suck to be a group of 5 program if we lose this season?

Sure, some programs really exist paycheck to paycheck, meaning season to season, though they would not admit that.

An interesting related point, if there is no season, what about those annual financial aid agreements? Technically all students athletes under such agreements are free agents each year, but could we see a bunch jump to more "solvent" programs and conferences?

How bad would it suck to be a group of 5 program if we lose this season?

Yeah, this is going to be tough man

Advertisement
What most fans don’t realize is a majority of college athletic departments operate in the red. We see the huge revenue that a small portion of the NCAA makes from football and basketball and assume every school is profiting similarly. Huge TV contracts help keep P5 programs rolling in cash but G5 schools don’t get near that kind of TV money. I won’t even get into what an athlete department costs an FCS or lower school. Most see it as a cost of doing business. Like part of an advertising budget. Whatever revenue they make helps offset those costs. With no revenue, the costs outweigh the advantages. I’d say close to half the teams in FBS are in this situation.

What most fans don’t realize is a majority of college athletic departments operate in the red. We see the huge revenue that a small portion of the NCAA makes from football and basketball and assume every school is profiting similarly. Huge TV contracts help keep P5 programs rolling in cash but G5 schools don’t get near that kind of TV money. I won’t even get into what an athlete department costs an FCS or lower school. Most see it as a cost of doing business. Like part of an advertising budget. Whatever revenue they make helps offset those costs. With no revenue, the costs outweigh the advantages. I’d say close to half the teams in FBS are in this situation.

Several ADs have said there's a very real possibility they literally have to close their athletic departments if we don't play football this year.

As in, colleges literally won't participate in sports going forward if football is cancelled. Entire athletic departments shuttered. That's how critical football revenue is to athletic departments.

If there's no season we definitely win the NC. 100% guaranteed.

Advertisement
Va tech should be favored to win the coastal..followed by UNC..we don’t need to be favored for a god **** thing..I like it better that way

Lol as bad as we looked in some games last year, shoulda beat UF, UNC. I know it’s a shoulda woulda but those wins change the entire season in my opinion. We are always going to be close yet so far away in making the playoff. Coastal is trash and you never know what can happen in a 1 game scenario vs Clemson. We have a QB, elite Playcaller, elite DE. It’s not as crazy as it may seem

If anybody else had a legit heisman contender at QB & played in the costal they’d be 20-1. So 60-1 is a slap in the face actually.

Advertisement
Several ADs have said there's a very real possibility they literally have to close their athletic departments if we don't play football this year.

As in, colleges literally won't participate in sports going forward if football is cancelled. Entire athletic departments shuttered. That's how critical football revenue is to athletic departments.

Most football programs run in the red only about 25-35 schools make anything

Advertisement
Back