Assuming there is a season....early odds

Advertisement
Think OSU wins it this year. Their offense is going to be gross again.

50 years of having more money and resources than most programs combined, yet just 2 titles, one of which was a fraud as it belonged to Miami (would have been #6). Other came with a top 5 GOAT coach. Day isn't in the same galaxy as Meyer. tOSU will do what they always do, blow through the Big 10, then get their butth0les turned inside out by the SEC or ACC champs. OSU isn't winning the title next year. Frankly, I don't think they ever win one with Day as HC. The one thing I could see them doing with all that money is paying an NFL coach like Pete Carroll 14 million a year to leave the NFL when his contract is up to go back to college coaching (would double his NFL salary). That might get them another ring.

Last edited:
50 years of having more money and resources than most programs combined, and just 2 titles, one of which was a fraud as it belonged to Miami (would have been #6). Other came with a top 5 GOAT coach. Day isn't in the same galaxy as Meyer. tOSU will do what they always do, blow through the Big 10, then get their butth0les turned inside out by the SEC or ACC champs.
Huh? They got screwed last year by the refs against Clemson and got blown out by them in the 2016 playoff....when have they got their buttholes turned inside out by the SEC champs?

Huh? They got screwed last year by the refs against Clemson and got blown out by them in the 2016 playoff....when have they got their buttholes turned inside out by the SEC champs?

"Not even the most die-hard Ohio State fan could deny it: The Buckeyes, historically, have had a dismal record against the SEC."

*that article incorrectly identifies Clemson as a sec team, but doesn't invalidate the overall point. You could say they struggle against teams from the southeast region and be technically correct.

Advertisement

"Not even the most die-hard Ohio State fan could deny it: The Buckeyes, historically, have had a dismal record against the SEC."
I'm talking recent years. They've lost 1 game to an SEC team since 2010....idk where you are going with this. They've gotten their buttholes turned inside out once by an ACC/SEC champ since 2010 and they probably would have beat LSU in the championship this year.

I'm talking recent years. They've lost 1 game to an SEC team since 2010....idk where you are going with this. They've gotten their buttholes turned inside out once by an ACC/SEC champ since 2010 and they probably would have beat LSU in the championship this year.

Historically they are underperformers, relative to their resources. Same as Texas- All the money in the world but just 1 title since 1970. They would not have beaten LSU. Meyer might have, but he's not coaching. If you want to believe in the Buckeyes and bet your money on tOSU, it's a free country- but you are going to lose the bet.

Historically they are underperformers, relative to their resources. Same as Texas- All the money in the world but just 1 title since 1970. They would not have beaten LSU. Meyer might have, but he's not coaching. If you want to slurp the Buckeyes and bet your money on tOSU, it's a free country- but you are going to lose it.
We will see. If you aren't going to bet them to win it all at least bet on them the majority of their games this year. They will make you some good dough.

We will see. If you aren't going to bet them to win it all at least bet on them the majority of their games this year. They will make you some good dough.

I apologize for my harsh language before- i shouldn't accuse you of being a slurper (since corrected). Without a doubt they will win most of their games, but history says they wont beat the ACC or SEC champs if they reach the title game.

Advertisement
I apologize for my harsh language before- i shouldn't accuse you of being a slurper (since corrected). Without a doubt they will win most of their games, but history says they wont beat the ACC or SEC champs if they reach the title game.
All good man I appreciate the apology. My older brother and a close friend of mine are die hard OSU fans and I was rooting for them to win it in the playoff last year as much as I am still salty about the 2003 Fiesta Bowl and will never get over it. I think it will be another OSU Clemson match up come playoff time this year. Wouldn't mind seeing that as a championship game.

Advertisement
Back