Ask yourself: Why was Boston College's Defense so dominant?

Left Hook

Thunderdome
1. Did they bring in Top Notch recruiting classes year after year? No.

2. Was/Is their defensive talent better than Miami, FSU and Clemson? No.

Well, why did they have the #1 defense in the ACC and 3rd Best Defense in the entire country in 2015? It was Coaching!

WE have COACHING NOW. We will field a dominant Miami Defense in 2016. Plus, WE HAVE A GREAT DL COACH NOW, which powers everything.

The Staff is not making excuses, so the fans should not make any excuses.

Advertisement
We have an entire defensive unit that is true freshmen. The entire unit. You sprinkle in a true freshman on a unit here or there and a lot of times that's ok. Especially if there are experienced veterans filling out the unit to help guide the youngsters and cover for mistakes. We don't have that at lb. These guys may be athletic, they may be talented, but they lack experience. They will make mistakes. They will be fooled by the offense. They will fill the wrong gap. They'll take a bad angle. They'll blow an assignment. This isn't being a naysayer, this isn't making excuses, this is reality. These freshmen lbs will also make some great plays this year and I have no doubt they'll be really really good next year and beyond. But make no mistake, there will be some bumps along the way this year as they learn and gain experience on this level.

Advertisement
Look our defense will be better by scheme and coaching alone. But if you're expecting a great defense with three true freshman linebackers, low depth at DB, and a third choice at DE, then you're going to be disappointed. However, this will still be a better defense the D'nofrio ever came close to so we'll be able to win. Still think it's a Top 50 defense and we haven't sniffed that in years. (besides some selective stats)

It probably has something to do with their horrific scheduling. Maybe you should look a little further into the stats before you embarrass yourself hooker. I know your shtick from your trolling days on 247 sports.

Maine
Howard
N Illinois
Wake Forrest
NC State
Syracuse

It remains to be seen how good of a coach Manny Diaz really is. His resume is aight. We won't be putting BC numbers anytime soon. Let's calm down with that kind of talk.

Advertisement
As it's already been said, BC's Defense was a result of Don Brown being one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the country & having a fairly weak schedule.
Don Brown's off to Michigan now, so we can pretty much guarantee BC won't look half as good as they did last season.

But, the one thing we can glean from your example is the fact that they're not loaded with talent but were excellent in stopping the run.

The key to our Defense this season will be improvement vs the run game & way more pressure on the QB.
Both of those tasks should be easily achievable with Dorito gone.

It probably has something to do with their horrific scheduling. Maybe you should look a little further into the stats before you embarrass yourself hooker. I know your shtick from your trolling days on 247 sports.

Maine
Howard
N Illinois
Wake Forrest
NC State
Syracuse

Look, I don't know you, Lady. But I noticed how you conveniently left Florida State off that list. I guess you didn't want people to know what Boston College's defense did to Dalvin cook. Oh, did I mention they knocked him out of the game.

Maine
Howard
N Illinois
Wake Forrest
NC State
Syracuse

They only played 6 games last year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait and see mode with Manny Diaz for me. He lead a defense that gave up 600yds rushing, I believe against BYU, than was fired. He has a decents resume but by no means should we feel confident with him yet.

I'm shocked someone here actually knows when to use dominant/dominate

Advertisement
Back