2028 Asher Ghioto 5* DE/DT from Jacksonville, FL (Bolles HS)

I would argue the one major difference between Rumph and JT as recruiters is that JT can sell proof of concept whereas Rumph, in the pre-NIL era, could not. So while JT may not do all the a*s kissing that some recruiters do, he may not need to after Bain, Mesidor’s, and what we are seeing thus far in the development of Lightfoot and Blount.

If UM had Mario and NIL 10 years ago I think Rumph would also have been a “better” recruiter. And I am obviously being facetious about the word “better” because whereas we were at a financial disadvantage pre-NIL, we are at least par if not ahead of our competitors in the NIL world.
Yeah. To an extent. For the people paying attention and any recruit truly interested in us Mike had proof of concept as well. I don't wanna keep going down this rabbit hole. But Mike's main issue were all staff related more than nil at all. I'm not guessing. I'm speaking facts. Mike had a title as a position coach & was in charge of developing virtually all of our dbs based on who they would go to for coaching , be it cbs or safeties. But he want allowed the responsibilities of running his room, choosing his recruits etc. he was essentially doing exactly what he does now which was assisting with the entry level recruiting of people selected for him. Then when they'd struggle with people he should have had connections with her be asked to get more involved. Deck was stacked against him. But I'd argue as far as development & on field results proof of concept was definitely there for him
 
When Florida is good it is extremely difficult to pull kids from that area. It’s like a cult over there. I do a lot of traveling on the road because of my daughter‘s Gymnastics and every time I drive through Jacksonville South Georgia or anywhere in the Orlando area I feel like I’ve entered a university of Florida communal gathering. Let’s say we win at all this year and UF makes the playoffs; in the eyes of those fans both programs are even.
 
Back
Top