Asante Samuel, Jr update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Do they give Jobe an ultimatum tomorrow? How long does Asante wait for us?

No they are not giving Jobe an ultimatum. He told them he’s visiting in January

this will come bite us once again just like last year. If a kid committed for 2 years is this shaky this late in the process you cut your loses. Its pretty clear his heart is elsewhere. Id be focusing on Jr, TC, and Surtain. But im not a college coach they know more than me hahah. Ive just seen this movie more than once.

Just spoke to a source very close to the situation regarding Miami’s meeting with Samuel today.

His message was “Stay Tuned”

If Miami wants him in the class, he comin.

View attachment 56159

They still aren't sure if they want him in the class?

It’s all about making it work numbers-wise. They know he is Miami-caliber.

Can we not tell Knowles, et. al. dead weight to kick rocks? This kid has to be in this class, his coverage skills are elite

I think its more about loading up so much of a position in one class than guys who are already in the team.

Just spoke to a source very close to the situation regarding Miami’s meeting with Samuel today.

View attachment 56159

Wow this is amazing. We went from Golden and having Terrance Henley and Ryan Mayes as backup plans to having a stud 4 star like Asante as a backup. How the times have changed

One lesson learned from Clemson game is that you can never have too many players that can cover.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve seen this story too many times. You take Samuel ASAP. You don’t bank on Jobe, Campbell, & Surtain.

Do they give Jobe an ultimatum tomorrow? How long does Asante wait for us?

No they are not giving Jobe an ultimatum. He told them he’s visiting in January

Does this have any affect on Campbell? Or is asantes offer contingent on what pat Surtain does? When you say numbers it sounds like we have 4 dB recruits and 3 spots out of jobe Campbell Surtain and and Samuel then if we really flop smith and Huggins will be next up. Obvious jobe Campbell and Surtain are top 3 and Asante is 4.

Advertisement

View attachment 56159

I don't like the if one bit. This has nothing to do with the Jobe mess and I'm not gonna go down that road. I understand the numbers game but honestly the staff needs to not let the numbers issue come into play here. Someone currently on the roster needs to be freed up to be successful somewhere else to make room. This isn't even up for debate at this point. U make room because this has turned into not if he wants to be a Cane but if the staff can find a spot. Shouldn't even take a second to find a spot for him.

Read that wrong then. If hes not sighning early I guess its not bad news to have him on campus closer to signing day.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back