ASA Martin ?

Diaz just said they didnt apply. Why would he lie about that?

And Martin cant apply for one on his own. It has to go through the school.
I've never bothered to ask about it and honestly I dont know how it works anymore but I know what asa told me months ago and I know hes told me several times up to roughly about a month ago that he was waiting for a response and what he told the ncaa... not saying manny is lying at all but that means ur saying either I'm lying or asa is. He is a very good friend of nephews and comes to the crib on a regular.

Advertisement
He's going pro. Just like Homer, Yearby, and Walton.

How many RBs have to leave early before people get that's just the nature of the position especially here.

And why would he stay? His senior year he'd have Chaney coming in, Martin, and a 100% healthy Lingard in the mix. He'd see his carries go down dramatically. This is Deejay's showcase year.
His carries will go down anyways this year with Lingard and Davis. Yearby made the mistake of leaving but he had mouths to feed, Walton had a mouth to feed and his ma just passed so he had a valid reason, and Homer had 2 full years starting basically and he did well.

Dallas hasn’t done anything noteworthy here and like I said unless he has a ridiculous year he has nowhere to go. He will probably stay his senior year and Burns will most likely transfer or move to a different position.

His carries will go down anyways this year with Lingard and Davis. Yearby made the mistake of leaving but he had mouths to feed, Walton had a mouth to feed and his ma just passed so he had a valid reason, and Homer had 2 full years starting basically and he did well.

Dallas hasn’t done anything noteworthy here and like I said unless he has a ridiculous year he has nowhere to go. He will probably stay his senior year and Burns will most likely transfer or move to a different position.

Aside from 2 nice Wildcat runs agianst ND & Wisky. Oh & that pass @ UNC that he almost housed sparked us in that game.

I think the sophmores leap frog him on the depth chart, barring Lingawd is healthy. I already have Cam > DJ

Diaz just said they didnt apply. Why would he lie about that?

And Martin cant apply for one on his own. It has to go through the school.

"All he told the NCAA . . . Was that the staff lied to him".

I assume this is in reference to the Auburn staff telling him that he was going to redshirt, and then mishandling and lying to him so that he could play another game but ended up burning his shirt.

Advertisement

Except led the team in rushing touchdowns and all-purpose yards. I seriously doubt he loses touches. Too valuable as an all-around player. All 3 kids are likely to get a 100+ touches this year. He will finish all 4 years at Miami. Great teammate, too.

I think Dallas leaves because I assume he’ll have a good year this year and the guys under him are coming and they’re getting better and they’ll take carries from him. Cam and Lo aren’t gonna wait around all day. Them dudes are coming. So is asa. And running backs rarely redshirt these days anyway. It’s a high mileage position. Kids aren’t gonna put 4 years of abuse on their bodies like the old days

I've never bothered to ask about it and honestly I dont know how it works anymore but I know what asa told me months ago and I know hes told me several times up to roughly about a month ago that he was waiting for a response and what he told the ncaa... not saying manny is lying at all but that means ur saying either I'm lying or asa is. He is a very good friend of nephews and comes to the crib on a regular.

Probably a miscommunication. Manny probably right about the hard facts.

Good. Why is more available talent a bad thing?
Never said that, but the original post made it seem that not having Martin this year would be more beneficial to Martin and necessary for the team next year. He made it seem like we were going to need Martin next year because we would have less available talent, but it is the opposite.

We actually would need Martin more this year than next, that is the point I am trying to make. If I had to pick whether Martin would be more helpful for the team this year or next, I would pick this year.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks DJ isn't more then likely to leave after this year is crazy. He will be featured in this offense in every way possible especially since Lo isn't available until Fall. He has all Spring to master Enos offense. If he has a 750-350-10 type season, hes gone.

That said, I don't know if we need Asa this year or next but after what happened last year with our RB situation, the sentence "Backfield is too crowded" should never be uttered again. Nobody could have predicted Cam Davis would be a featured back at some point in the season. With injuries you just never know at the RB position.

mouths to feed
My gosh how many guys need to leave with out any way to feed those mouths. Just because you leave does not mean your going to get paid. If DJ is not the clear favorite on his 8 win college team what make you think he can make a pro team?

Advertisement
I think Dallas leaves because I assume he’ll have a good year this year and the guys under him are coming and they’re getting better and they’ll take carries from him. Cam and Lo aren’t gonna wait around all day. Them dudes are coming. So is asa. And running backs rarely redshirt these days anyway. It’s a high mileage position. Kids aren’t gonna put 4 years of abuse on their bodies like the old days
Unless he is realistic about his future as an UFA and a longshot to make an NFL roster, opposed to staying, being a swiss army knife and getting a degree (if he's not on pace to do that early)

Can I get a show of hands if anyone who’s seen more than 30 seconds of Asa Martin’s film?

Advertisement
Guy has some good quickness hits the hole hard but can improve his top end speed
Looking at the HS video he seems to be running away from people. Maybe that's HS and he was not a real burner when he got to Auburn. Still talented. Auburn screwed him

Advertisement
Back