As HC has Diaz taken over play calling this season, or ever?

Yay, however I'll follow this answer with a question of my own - if Manny ends up making the defensive calls anyway, does it matter who the DC is? Even if Baker is let go, do we really think Manny would hire someone that won't run exactly what he wants to run?

I think Baker wants to run Manny's D, I think Manny wants Baker to run Manny's D - but Baker's feel for playcalling is subpar. If you're gonna run a feast-or-famine D like Manny's, you have to have that knack or the famine starts overshadowing the feast.
I think it matters for recruiting, planning and execution for certain, under the confines you’ve provided. If Manny’s running the D entirely then get a recruiter in there to replace Baker. Or, if he keeps Baker then he has to take on that responsibility 100%, not jump in and out. Does Saban even run his entire defense or just CB’s?

Advertisement
I think it matters for recruiting, planning and execution for certain, under the confines you’ve provided. If Manny’s running the D entirely then get a recruiter in there to replace Baker. Or, if he keeps Baker then he has to take on that responsibility 100%, not jumó in and out. Does Saban even run his entire defense or just CB’s?
Recruiting especially agree 100%

I think it matters for recruiting, planning and execution for certain, under the confines you’ve provided. If Manny’s running the D entirely then get a recruiter in there to replace Baker. Or, if he keeps Baker then he has to take on that responsibility 100%, not jump in and out. Does Saban even run his entire defense or just CB’s?
Just CB’s

I hope so. If not it goes back to their being a culture and effort issue. Why can we not get our guys to play hard until the 4th quarter half the time?

Last year, he took over play calling for the UVA game after Virginia Tech exposed us. He might have went at it a few more after and let Baker have it back. This year like most people already said NC State last quarter or the last 2 defensive drives probably.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back