As HC has Diaz taken over play calling this season, or ever?

Advertisement
Ok, so no one has a clue and the 500 posts I've seen about it are either pure speculation or wishful thinking.

michael richards yes GIF

My source tells me Jennings has taken over the play calling in the fourth quarter the last two games.

My source is never wrong

Advertisement
I will quote Manny again. I spend all my time in practice with the defense. Just my opinion but that tells me every defensive call goes thru Manny during the game. Manny has a head set to communicate with the coaches in the box. He either agrees or he changes it. Its Manny's defense.

Advertisement
No politics in my threads!

Just kidding I don’t care.

Your thoughts on the topic at hand?

Yea or nah and why?
I have no idea certainly as to extent but it seems that he’s called at least some plays during the last 2 games at a minimum based on trustworthy poster comments - watching him on the sidelines, cheat sheet in hand... LCE had mentioned it. Not sure if he derived this from observation or from a source as to extent.

Baker needs to go at the end of the season, yea or nah and why?

I deleted his warning. It’s border line. I’m trying to move away from warnings on 100% innocuous things. He’s not taking a side.
Oh, he's one of us.
tenor - 2020-11-16T123542.556.gif

Now for the Manny took over rumors.... I want there so I dont know, but he's the HC and a defensive guy so I know he has veto power.

With that being said, Blake Baker should go. This wasn't the place for him to cut his teeth in the first place. Big XII should have been where he should have went. Not here. His style doesn't mesh here that well. That's just my opinion.

I'm 99.9% sure Diaz took over play calling in the 4th quarter during the NC State game. He was shown with the playcalling sheet on TV. No clue about last game, and I'm pretty sure he took over play calling during a game last season but I'm too lazy to check.

So in short, NO VERIFIABLE PROOF
i dont think the sheet mean ****. in his first few years, i dont recall seeing Diaz with a sheet. he's simple, he sees substitutions and down and distances and calls the play.

Advertisement
@RVACane I repeat---nobody knows ****.

@Go Canes!! (CanesInsight): Percentage of defensive plays being called by Manny and Blake?

Reputable posters have stated that Manny took over the defense against VT but this is a topic that we probably never get a straight answer on. We did some things differently against VT that we didn’t do (or do a lot of) in the 7 games prior. There are a few reasons why this could have happened and 1 of them is that Manny took over and the other is that we had Covid issues and needed to adapt. Or, Baker adjusted. What we saw differently was pre snap movement and adjustments, way more line stunts to free up Phillips which is something Manny would do with Chad and RJ, more nickel formations, and more disguised blitzes. Since you asked for a percentage, that defense on Saturday looked 100% like a Manny Diaz called defense.

@Go Canes!! (CanesInsight): Percentage of defensive plays being called by Manny and Blake?

Reputable posters have stated that Manny took over the defense against VT but this is a topic that we probably never get a straight answer on. We did some things differently against VT that we didn’t do (or do a lot of) in the 7 games prior. There are a few reasons why this could have happened and 1 of them is that Manny took over and the other is that we had Covid issues and needed to adapt. Or, Baker adjusted. What we saw differently was pre snap movement and adjustments, way more line stunts to free up Phillips which is something Manny would do with Chad and RJ, more nickel formations, and more disguised blitzes. Since you asked for a percentage, that defense on Saturday looked 100% like a Manny Diaz called defense.
Baker needs to go at the end of the season, yay or nay?

Asking for about the fourth time.

Is there any proof or verification Baker has at any time in the last two seasons been relieved of play calling duties?

I'm not talking about a singular play or two.

So far I haven't seen it.
Far as proof goes not sure how exactly that would be done. But they've shared play calling duties since mid way through last season. So not exactly taken over but like everything else in a dysfunctional family, it takes a community.

Advertisement

Why do you continue to try and fight people on this? Miami gets the W's and the D looked better in the second half against NC State and Va Tech. Move on.

Baker needs to go at the end of the season, yay or nay?

Yay, however I'll follow this answer with a question of my own - if Manny ends up making the defensive calls anyway, does it matter who the DC is? Even if Baker is let go, do we really think Manny would hire someone that won't run exactly what he wants to run?

I think Baker wants to run Manny's D, I think Manny wants Baker to run Manny's D - but Baker's feel for playcalling is subpar. If you're gonna run a feast-or-famine D like Manny's, you have to have that knack or the famine starts overshadowing the feast.

Advertisement
Back