As frustrating as this is, my gut says

Advertisement
I’m saying there is no more validity to the cis reports of Miami saving $2m to wait til tomorrow to fire Diaz than the cis reports of him already being fired or Miami working behind the scenes to hire Mario. Either one of these reports being correct would mean it’s useless to wait. There is also no substantiation that we are saving $2m by waiting, it’s just bs speculation like the other two rumors I already mentioned, therefore the entire argument is baseless.
Just because there are two conflicting reports doesn’t mean that they’re both wrong lol

With that said, I just tried searching for more details about the 2 mil we save by waiting for tomorrow and I didn’t see anything. You’re right I guess that it’s just a rumor. Seems believable enough since every year a coach sticks around the smaller their buyout gets (and his is reportedly a huge 8 mil).

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow though whether or not it’s true.

Just because there are two conflicting reports doesn’t mean that they’re both wrong lol

With that said, I just tried searching for more details about the 2 mil we save by waiting for tomorrow and I didn’t see anything. You’re right I guess that it’s just a rumor. Seems believable enough since every year a coach sticks around the smaller their buyout gets (and his is reportedly a huge 8 mil).

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow though whether or not it’s true.
If not this site is going to be bananas. Everybody bringing their A game.

Advertisement
Just unsettling he's out recruiting. I know he had to continue as if he's still employed but still. Not a good look from a recruits standpoint.

I
I have no insider knowledge but I think they've already gotten an answer from Mario. And as a courtesy to him (so he doesn't have to answer questions before Oregon's season is over) there is no announcement and Manny is still officially coach. You never burn bridges if you don't have to.

Just a hunch and my life wont change one way at all if that isn't the case, we move on and look for someone else.

And if that happens, were any of our great coaches our first choice? Actually asking because I don't know. I'm pretty sure Butch wasn't.
I agree. Just my opinion, but if he wasn’t coming, he could easily make a public commitment to Oregon to take the distraction off the table for the team. The fact that he has not done this leads me to think he’s coming

Advertisement
He will end up getting paid the 2 million regardless if it's a clause. Don't think you can just collude & wait a day after lol
Yes you can. All of these contracts have dates by which things like raises kick in, and things like severances drop. Those dates are there for a purpose and the purpose they serve is to create guideposts for decisions. That is the precise reason that the dates are negotiated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So 12:01 am tonight he will be given his papers!!
Assuming that there is a Dec 1 drop in the severance, and assuming UM has actually progressed to the point of hiring an AD, I would expect Manny to be fired once an AD is names.
BUT I just made 2 assumptions in the same argument and that makes my argument suspect.

its Mario....I truly believe a deal in theory is in place and they will make it official by next Monday. The only question would be why is Manny still employed other than maybe waiting to save the $2 million?
Thanks for the optimism.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back