As frustrating as this is, my gut says

Advertisement
If the buyout drops on December 1st, as reported—makes total sense Diaz is still employed.

Sounds like AD hire is close and by Friday night Oregon will either be prepping for a Rose Bowl, or some lower-tier game—but are 100% out of the playoffs—so Mario can make moves. (If Brian Kelly can leave one-loss Notre Dame for a new gig, Mario can leave two- or three-loss Oregon.)

Fully expect everything is place by next Monday at the latest.

Advertisement
From some poster on the Oregon board:

Mike Farrell just said on Full Ride that Mario will get an extension. Didn’t provide more details, but he is pretty connected.

Advertisement
He will end up getting paid the 2 million regardless if it's a clause. Don't think you can just collude & wait a day after lol
Lol if it says in the contract he gets $2 mil if fired before Dec. 1 then he’s not getting the two million if he’s fired on or after Dec. 1.

That clause will have bought him super valuable time and that part of the agreement will have been executed.

From some poster on the Oregon board:

Mike Farrell just said on Full Ride that Mario will get an extension. Didn’t provide more details, but he is pretty connected.
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
its Mario....I truly believe a deal in theory is in place and they will make it official by next Monday. The only question would be why is Manny still employed other than maybe waiting to save the $2 million?

I wonder how many other things you would do for 2 mill?

Lol if it says in the contract he gets $2 mil if fired before Dec. 1 then he’s not getting the two million if he’s fired on or after Dec. 1. That clause will have bought him super valuable time and that part of the agreement will have been executed.
Lawyers? Is there anyway around this? Legal? Just curious.

Advertisement
Lawyers? Is there anyway around this? Legal? Just curious.
Nah man. I haven’t read the contract so idk the specific terms, but he is not fired right now. He is acting as the coach, we haven’t announced a new coach yet — we don’t even have an AD.

If he’s fired tomorrow that fulfills the obligation of keeping him on as coach through November.

I’d be delighted if they were waiting to announce the AD until tomorrow so he can fire Manny on the spot in his first action and bring Lane in immediately but we’ll see what happens.

Advertisement
Back