Artie vs AG

Advertisement
So I can understand. Al is on Burns to play better and is watching him all the time. Burns accepts this. Knows it takes hard work and the other things to be great. And because of this Al is crap? Al sucks? You guys look to Gunter who nobody wanted recruited here and the guy clearly got coaching and now this can't be the Miami staffs credit?

And if anyone gives any credit to this staff they are slurpers? Is this some sort of intimidation going on. Hate the staff or else?

I got my issues with the staff and some questionable actions but I have questions concerning Nick Saban also. The guy with out overbearing talent can't win either. Yet on these Miami boards Saban is a god. Butch had all the same issues Al had until 2000. Then left. Now everyone is on the Butch **** train.

Fact is that Al and Staff landed Burns. The kid was a stud but past staffs would just let them stay the same and this staff does not do that. They develop kids. Yes, they lost games last year in a bad way and were not fired. So this is a make or break year and the staff looks like they are not packing it in. They are coaching and fighting for their jobs. Don't know how this thread got so negative.

Slurp Slurp

Its a gift and a curse...Gunter was lauded at the Senior Bowl for being one of the only DBs to excel in zone coverage AND man to man. (most DBs in college just know man to man) The curse is that he looks to be playing very well thus far for the Packers so why is this yet another former Cane who is outplaying where he was picked in the draft under this regime?

Sidenote: Gunter was very good for us. Went toe to toe with Kelvin Benjamin and didn't embarrass himself at all. Ive said this before, I cant think of one game where I left thinking, "Man, Gunter really played like crap." He was steady. And being steady will get you a spot in the NFL. Good luck to the kid and he was a great find by the staff.

Where he was drafted had nothing to do with his play at Miami or how the coach's trained him, and everything to do with his slow foot speed in shorts.

Let's face it. NFL people have a line of demarcation when it comes to cornerbacks' 40 times. Tracey Howard will be a victim of this perception as well.

On the flip side is Justin Gilbert in Cleveland, who got by on pure athleticism in college and no technique. He looks like crap in his 2nd training camp in Cleveland as he refuses to take coaching and learn technique.

As much as you guys hate our coaching staff, player development and recruiting are not issues. Our roster is absolutely loaded with future NFL talent.

Which is why I believe this year is eerily similar to 1999. A team coming of a crap year, loaded with young talent at every position, a talented 2nd year qb, and lastly a coaching staff the fans can't stand and want fired. That's right. All you Butch lovers fuucking hated the man in 1999. You flew banners over The Orange Bowl for him too. I think the hate was worse for Butch than for Golden since National Championships were just a few years behind in 1999.

What's going to determine this season is consistency by the players and by the staff. Offensively Coley's going to have to put the pedal down, and step on throats when we have opponent's down. Like he should have done against FSU last year.
Defensively, it's assignment football. Every time things went badly for us the last couple years defensively it was because 1 or more guys were out of position.

So I can understand. Al is on Burns to play better and is watching him all the time. Burns accepts this. Knows it takes hard work and the other things to be great. And because of this Al is crap? Al sucks? You guys look to Gunter who nobody wanted recruited here and the guy clearly got coaching and now this can't be the Miami staffs credit?

And if anyone gives any credit to this staff they are slurpers? Is this some sort of intimidation going on. Hate the staff or else?

I got my issues with the staff and some questionable actions but I have questions concerning Nick Saban also. The guy with out overbearing talent can't win either. Yet on these Miami boards Saban is a god. Butch had all the same issues Al had until 2000. Then left. Now everyone is on the Butch **** train.

Fact is that Al and Staff landed Burns. The kid was a stud but past staffs would just let them stay the same and this staff does not do that. They develop kids. Yes, they lost games last year in a bad way and were not fired. So this is a make or break year and the staff looks like they are not packing it in. They are coaching and fighting for their jobs. Don't know how this thread got so negative.

Slurp Slurp

Golden scheme sucks but even at temple his kids produced in the nfl. i think its more a scheme issue. he had kids get drafted pretty high. Armbrister, gunter, and pierre were kids no one wanted here and all are in the nfl. Flowers, Dorsett, DP, Clive, and Duke all got drafted in good spots.

Slurp Slurp

you know someone with gunter's talent from a school with our history usually gets drafted. any idea why he wasn't?

Advertisement

Slurp Slurp

Nobody can succeed playing this soft *** defense

Now imagine if Artie had stuck with his commitment to Nick Saban at Alabama. Artie would be a household name and probably in the NFL already after his 3rd year

Slurp Slurp

you know someone with gunter's talent from a school with our history usually gets drafted. any idea why he wasn't?

4.7 40 yard dash time.

Slurp Slurp

4.7 40 yard dash time.

sherman ran a bad time. there a few others that got drafted. didn't stop them from being drafted. gunter didn't get drafted bc he didn't do enough in college and played in a system that limited his ability to make plays.

Advertisement
The only reason he wasnt drafted was because he didnt have godly numbers here, but he was solid and made plays for us, his combine wasnt all that great either, the development of players here isnt the problem, its the defense we are calling mainly the defensive line scheme, we played a good amount of man last year, but if you arent getting to the QB the coverage will be beat, not too big of a fan of spot dropping but again if you were getting pressure it works, you 2 gap and get no pressure in the middle it doesnt

Slurp Slurp

4.7 40 yard dash time.

sherman ran a bad time. there a few others that got drafted. didn't stop them from being drafted. gunter didn't get drafted bc he didn't do enough in college and played in a system that limited his ability to make plays.

Sherman ran a 4.53 40 time at the combine and played in a very similar defense to ours at Stanford, and continues to play in a very similar defensive scheme as ours.

The only reason he wasnt drafted was because he didnt have godly numbers here, but he was solid and made plays for us, his combine wasnt all that great either, the development of players here isnt the problem, its the defense we are calling mainly the defensive line scheme, we played a good amount of man last year, but if you arent getting to the QB the coverage will be beat, not too big of a fan of spot dropping but again if you were getting pressure it works, you 2 gap and get no pressure in the middle it doesnt

Not to mention deep safety help. Bush has been good when healthy, but when you haven't had good safety play for 4 years it's tough to put your corners on islands.

Golden was always very high on Artie Burns. he loved him in HS thought he was an absolute stud.

then why is he ruining his career by playing him 20 yards off the LOS in this soft prevent scheme?

He played mainly press last year

And from all the reports we have heard, he will be playing the field corner role and will be given every chance to show he is a lockdown corner because he will be playing a lot of man to man. So we shall see..

Advertisement

Slurp Slurp

4.7 40 yard dash time.

in hindsight I was inaccurate. My fault for misrepresenting.

Gunter didn't run a 4.7 40 at the combine.

He ran a 4.69 at the combine and a 4.65 at the pro day.

That is how a good college cb doesn't get drafted.

Golden was always very high on Artie Burns. he loved him in HS thought he was an absolute stud.

then why is he ruining his career by playing him 20 yards off the LOS in this soft prevent scheme?

He played mainly press last year

And from all the reports we have heard, he will be playing the field corner role and will be given every chance to show he is a lockdown corner because he will be playing a lot of man to man. So we shall see..

Well from the Gunter situation, it sure seems that our guys have great training on technique.
You combine that with the athleticism of guys like Burns and Elder, then watch out.

Not to mention deep safety help. Bush has been good when healthy, but when you haven't had good safety play for 4 years it's tough to put your corners on islands.

To add there are some corners on the team you cant put on a island, artie has the tools to leave press man on someone, he has the speed and size to do so, i havent seen corn outside of the nickle play, tracy is meh at times, its vital that bush, carter, and jenkins stay healthy

Advertisement
Will become a stud once he leaves theses incompetent coaches and gets real coaching at the next level.

weird considering that the packers were talkinga bout Gunters technique.

Where did Gunter learn that technique? The coaches?

Please explain to me.

These clowns are clueless in how to maximize the talent they have on the roster. They force guys on offense and especially on defense to play this terrible awful scheme that is not a good fit for Florida athletes. At the next level teams find guys that fit the scheme and develop and enhance their God given talent.

I have almost no respect for Burns since he was smacked silly by L'ville's punter two years ago. He's a kitty cat

Last edited:
good job good effort at 0:25 Artie

[video=youtube;ClW49Y2Qf-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClW49Y2Qf-U[/video]

Slurp Slurp

4.7 40 yard dash time.

Sherman ran a 4.53 40 time at the combine and played in a very similar defense to ours at Stanford, and continues to play in a very similar defensive scheme as ours.

he ran a 4.56 and according to our coaches we run a similar scheme but anyone who watches both teams play would disagree.

Advertisement
Back