Artie vs AG

pimpcane1

Junior
Dolphins injury update; Marlins management addresses state of franchise, stands by core and considers offensive options; Dolphins, Canes notes; Whiteside | Sports Buzz

### Some NFL and UM people believe junior Artie Burns can become a high-end NFL prospect if he puts everything together, and Al Golden is pushing him so hard to be great that Burns admitted: “Sometimes I want to fight with him. But I know he just wants me to get better. He’s always head-butting me [figuratively] to get better. I’ve been working on everything, looking at tape of Darrelle Revis, Patrick Peterson.”

I got a chuckle out of this. Artie, please feel free to deck AG when you trust the process but don't see the results.

Advertisement
Golden was always very high on Artie Burns. he loved him in HS thought he was an absolute stud.

Will become a stud once he leaves theses incompetent coaches and gets real coaching at the next level.

Will become a stud once he leaves theses incompetent coaches and gets real coaching at the next level.

This is most likely the sad ugly truth but I'm still holding out hope Burns does blow up this year. He has the talent for sure.

weird considering that the packers were talkinga bout Gunters technique.

Where did Gunter learn that technique? The coaches?

Please explain to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Please explain to me.

Gunter looked real good against Pittsburgh.

Played 1st team opposite Sam Shields and blanketed Brown and Wheaton.

He seriously looked like Richard Sherman out there.

Have to give Williams, D'Onofrio and Golden a lot of credit for his development.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Please explain to me.

Al of our coaches know their X's and O's very well. That has never been the issue. The problem with our coaches is that they suck and Situational coaching.

Its a gift and a curse...Gunter was lauded at the Senior Bowl for being one of the only DBs to excel in zone coverage AND man to man. (most DBs in college just know man to man) The curse is that he looks to be playing very well thus far for the Packers so why is this yet another former Cane who is outplaying where he was picked in the draft under this regime?

Sidenote: Gunter was very good for us. Went toe to toe with Kelvin Benjamin and didn't embarrass himself at all. Ive said this before, I cant think of one game where I left thinking, "Man, Gunter really played like crap." He was steady. And being steady will get you a spot in the NFL. Good luck to the kid and he was a great find by the staff.

Advertisement
Back