Artie Burns

Advertisement
There are a solid 4-5 corners ahead of him, including Ramsey, Hargreaves, and Alexander, but if teams start picking guys off the board quickly, Artie could go late 1st early 2nd. Hoping he falls to my Steelers in the second...

Burns will need a lot of coaching. He is raw. He got caught on double moves consistently and got called for holding constantly. NFL refs are going to throw their arms out outing out PI flags his first few preseason games. But I think he like Same Shields before him will find his place. He has abilities you can not coach.

Don't kid yourself, Hurdlers in college are fast. Maybe not as fast a 10 sprinters but close to the 100m sprinters.

There are a solid 4-5 corners ahead of him, including Ramsey, Hargreaves, and Alexander, but if teams start picking guys off the board quickly, Artie could go late 1st early 2nd. Hoping he falls to my Steelers in the second...

The only name on that list I'm taking over Burns is Ramsey... And I only want Ramsey at FS, Burns is a better corner prospect than him IMO. Alexander doesn't have one interception in his career, and Hargreaves doesn't have prototypical size for a #1 corner.

Burns just needs legit coaching his issues are all coachable problems.

Last edited:
I hope he's the #1 overall pick, but I don't see this burning speed that everyone on here does.

Burns is fast as ****. In addition to football, he's one of the best track athletes in America. He was 2nd team all American in indoor track.

He's going to post a great time, because he is trained at an elite level, to run in a track setting.
He's a hurdler. That doesn't mean he's a burner on the football field.

Showing your ***, that's for sure. Most hurdlers at the top of their game are within .2 or .3 of the top sprinters in my estimate in the 100. Yes, he's a burner, but stay entrenched in something you know nothing about, per usual.

Umm...no. They're not as fast. Hurdlers obviously need speed, but more important is technique. If they were as fast as a top sprinter, then they would be one.

Read what I said again and pay special attention to the .2 or .3 part.

Advertisement
If I'm scouting him for an NFL team, the key number is his agility drill. So long as he's good there, his long arms and competent straight line (probably 4.53?) should get him toward the top of Round 2.

There are a lot of good corners in this year's draft. Mackensie Alexander is my favorite.

He'll run in the 4.4's, bank on it.

Burns is fast as ****. In addition to football, he's one of the best track athletes in America. He was 2nd team all American in indoor track.

He's going to post a great time, because he is trained at an elite level, to run in a track setting.

Showing your ***, that's for sure. Most hurdlers at the top of their game are within .2 or .3 of the top sprinters in my estimate in the 100. Yes, he's a burner, but stay entrenched in something you know nothing about, per usual.

Umm...no. They're not as fast. Hurdlers obviously need speed, but more important is technique. If they were as fast as a top sprinter, then they would be one.

I read it. I just disagree. 2-3 tenths is a **** of a lot of time in the 100m dash, and you're acting like it's nothing.

I hope he's the #1 overall pick, but I don't see this burning speed that everyone on here does.

Showing your ****. Listen up, assh0leface. You apparently think he's a world class sprinter right, fckmouth? If that's the case, then he should kill the 40 at the combine. Give us the world-class 40 time he puts up at the combine, fckboy.

Advertisement

I read it. I just disagree. 2-3 tenths is a **** of a lot of time in the 100m dash, and you're acting like it's nothing.

That's because he's a moron.

He's aggressive as a mf too ..

Advertisement

Artie has elite speed but in that abortion of a defense he was forced to play in he rarely had a chance to show it off. Just another example of Gluten playing away from his players strengths. Burns was too busy reacting and trying to figure out what zone he was responsible for.

Artie will be a top corner in the league

He has all the tools for sure. The encouraging thing from an NFL standpoint is the fact that he really improved from his Soph to Junior years despite having a stooge for a position coach and playing for the worst defensive coordinator in the country. I really would have loved to see him in the Diaz defense but once a real NFL position coach and coordinator get their hands on him he should really start to blossom.

Advertisement
He may not be a "burner" in the league, but with his length and fluidity, he should have more than enough speed. I'm expecting a mid 4.4s in the 40. I didn't think about it til just now, but the Dolphins sure could use him

Could have been a much better player in our current scheme.

Ill always remember him for getting punked out by opposing teams punters.

If I'm scouting him for an NFL team, the key number is his agility drill

Yep, the short shuttle and 3-cone drills are considered most important for cornerbacks. I mentioned that last year. It's the reason I didn't want the Dolphins to draft Trae Waynes of Michigan State last year in the first round. He had poor results in those drills. Waynes did play a bit late in the season after being a non factor for the Vikings most of the year.

Burns will get benefit of a doubt due to speed and long arms. I would be concerned about wiry strength, or lack thereof. I can't shake that image of the Clemson receiver planting Burns on his ***.

Those hurdles races are a tough racket. Burns would have been an extreme longshot to be a factor internationally, just like Robert Griffin who was also touted as a hurdling star. Notice that 400 meters is as far as they go. And even in that race the vast majority of competitors are falling apart down the stretch. There's so much depth on the American team that at 110m there are often 5 or 6 Americans ranked within the Top 10. Also it's very difficult to maintain form in that event. As soon as an Aries Merritt looks like he'll dominate for years and years he falls back into the pack. Of course, it turned out to be health related in his case. Now the white Russian guy has surged to the forefront but it's questionable whether he can maintain it during an Olympic year.

Advertisement
Back