Artie Burns

Advertisement
I bet he squeezes into the 1st round, the same way Phillip did last year.

Speed kills and NFL teams love it, and Artie has it

Good thread topic and point. Miami kids have a way of sneaking up the board as draft day approaches, I think in some part, because teams know they're better than how they were coached and see a higher ceiling. I don't know how fast Burns is but a strong 40 time could push him up more. I think Deon Bush is another guy who will see his stock rise as draft day gets closer.

Advertisement
I hope he's the #1 overall pick, but I don't see this burning speed that everyone on here does.

Burns is fast as ****. In addition to football, he's one of the best track athletes in America. He was 2nd team all American in indoor track.

He's going to post a great time, because he is trained at an elite level, to run in a track setting.

Last edited:

Nah he's real fast especially for a bigger DB

Miami's Artie Burns breaks 38-year old American Junior record in 60 hurdles | NCAA.com

he broke a 40 yr. old record 60 meter hurdles imagine how fast he runs if he can just run in a straight line without jumping over a hurdle. 7.68
60 meters is ridiculous and he did this as a Freshman he's bigger stronger faster now.

Not shocked at all. While most everyone was saying AQM and Coley were the underclassmen most likely to come out early and our highest rated NFL draft picks prior to the season, I said Burns was. I said as well with a good combine he could move into the first round and is our only shot at a first rounder. We don't have anyone that will get into the first next year.

The season happened and he was on track for that with the most INT's we've had since Taylor I believe. He started pressing too much to get another one or two, getting some flags as the season wound down. The zebras took one away, but the scouts will credit him with that.

He'll run a good time and be picked up no later than the second. With a great time, he'll jump to the first.

Part of me wonders though how good he could be in track of he focused on it full time.

Advertisement
I hope he's the #1 overall pick, but I don't see this burning speed that everyone on here does.

Burns is fast as ****. In addition to football, he's one of the best track athletes in America. He was 2nd team all American in indoor track.

He's going to post a great time, because he is trained at an elite level, to run in a track setting.
He's a hurdler. That doesn't mean he's a burner on the football field.

Corn Elder will have a shot as long as he continues to gain weight he has put on some nice weight since he first arrived he had a few ints. this season and he has some value special teams wise.

Some think you shouldn't punt return if you are a starter I beg to differ that increases his draft value ..

He was 165 lbs. out of high school he is 183 now will easily be 190 lbs. by next year at 5'11 with long arms that's decent size he had two ints. and started 1/2 the season to go along with a few returns that were called back.

Corn Elder Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Showing your ***, that's for sure. Most hurdlers at the top of their game are within .2 or .3 of the top sprinters in my estimate in the 100. Yes, he's a burner, but stay entrenched in something you know nothing about, per usual.

Not shocked at all. While most everyone was saying AQM and Coley were the underclassmen most likely to come out early and our highest rated NFL draft picks prior to the season, I said Burns was. I said as well with a good combine he could move into the first round and is our only shot at a first rounder. We don't have anyone that will get into the first next year.

The season happened and he was on track for that with the most INT's we've had since Taylor I believe. He started pressing too much to get another one or two, getting some flags as the season wound down. The zebras took one away, but the scouts will credit him with that.

He'll run a good time and be picked up no later than the second. With a great time, he'll jump to the first.

Part of me wonders though how good he could be in track of he focused on it full time.

Wow congrats you nailed it again!!!!!!

Advertisement
Corn Elder will have a shot as long as he continues to gain weight he has put on some nice weight since he first arrived he had a few ints. this season and he has some value special teams wise.

Some think you shouldn't punt return if you are a starter I beg to differ that increases his draft value ..

He was 165 lbs. out of high school he is 183 now will easily be 190 lbs. by next year at 5'11 with long arms that's decent size he had two ints. and started 1/2 the season to go along with a few returns that were called back.

Elder will be a good value pick for whoever gets him, he can play outside, but you want him at nickel, he's an athlete with speed, and immediately helps your special teams.

Showing your ***, that's for sure. Most hurdlers at the top of their game are within .2 or .3 of the top sprinters in my estimate in the 100. Yes, he's a burner, but stay entrenched in something you know nothing about, per usual.
The biggest advantage being a track runner gives him is on his start. A lot of those guys don't know the proper stance and technique to get a quick start out of the blocks, but I'm sure he's got it down.

If I'm scouting him for an NFL team, the key number is his agility drill. So long as he's good there, his long arms and competent straight line (probably 4.53?) should get him toward the top of Round 2.

There are a lot of good corners in this year's draft. Mackensie Alexander is my favorite.

Advertisement

Corn isn't 5'11. More like 5'9 or 5'10.

Umm...no. They're not as fast. Hurdlers obviously need speed, but more important is technique. If they were as fast as a top sprinter, then they would be one.

Advertisement
Back