artie burns

Advertisement
Ah, a typical Cane thread. Coach says a safety will take some reps at corner and a corner will take some reps at safety, primarily to get some exposure and provide some more depth at those positions. Immediate Cane reaction, they are being moved to new positions for good and, of course, it is a terrible decision. This board would be a great study for a paper on abnormal psychology.

Advertisement
I am not expecting much from RJenkins this year after seeing how long it took DBush to get back to his old self. (an entire freakin' year.) Lets just hope and pray he can be his old self by 2016 when we will REALLY need him because Bush and DCrawford will be gone.

Its the Spring, the time to experiment is now.

We would smash with a 4-2-5. Miami has without a doubt the best recruiting grounds in the country to run this defense.

Speed kills. Fat spills.

Ive been wanting that for awhile, my only concern would be when we play a power run team we would get gashed

Not with an 8 man front every down. That's what the 4-2-5 is.

A DB vs a OL or a power back doesnt bode well

Patterson seems to be able to stop the run just fine by doing exactly that, with a bunch of no name 3 star recruits in the Big 12.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category01/sort01.html

We would smash with a 4-2-5. Miami has without a doubt the best recruiting grounds in the country to run this defense.

Speed kills. Fat spills.

Ive been wanting that for awhile, my only concern would be when we play a power run team we would get gashed

Patterson seems to be able to stop the run just fine by doing exactly that, with a bunch of no name 3 star recruits in the Big 12.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category01/sort01.html

because those guys in that conference deal primarily in the spread, thats a type of defense you run against them

you do know i have been agreeing with you right?

Ah, a typical Cane thread. Coach says a safety will take some reps at corner and a corner will take some reps at safety, primarily to get some exposure and provide some more depth at those positions. Immediate Cane reaction, they are being moved to new positions for good and, of course, it is a terrible decision. This board would be a great study for a paper on abnormal psychology.
It would be a good study for **** stars on how to gargle nuts

Advertisement

Speed kills. Fat spills.

Your 5th DB is a LB/SS hybrid type though, not exactly a Nickle DB.

Speed kills. Fat spills.

You also don't stand there and allow the offense to get a running start at you. You go upfield and disrupt plays before they go forward.

I always thought he was a safety to begin with...and they tried to make him a corner because of his speed.

The guy could be a rangy FS...

Advertisement
I think the move is more in part to the fact that he promised Jaquan some ticks along with the Crawford issue

Speed kills. Fat spills.

Could a kid like Ray Ray Armstrong have played that position?

Advertisement

Ray Ray wasn't quick enough, in my opinion. Someone like Grace would be better suited.

**** yeah!

Ray Ray wasn't quick enough, in my opinion. Someone like Grace would be better suited.

Ray Ray was a tweener/hybrid player IMO.

Not quite rangy enough for Safety but not thick enough for Linebacker. I think he could play that role, however Grace would most likely be better at it.

Deon isn't a good thinker at Safety (or should I say he can be tricked), which makes him better suited for CB duties (has the frame for it anyways)...

Artie Burns add's speed at the Safety position, and was a good ball hawk at the S position at MNW... Tackling is my concern for A Burns, as he hasn't showed much interest in that department here.

Could just be a Spring cross training thing, with Crawford being out though.

golden said interview yesterday they are transitioning him to safety and deon will play some corner.

Advertisement
Back