Artie Burns

Rd745

Freshman
Is a safety. His tackle for PBU last night just reinforced it for me. He has elite speed with good size and can close gaps in a second when the play is in front of him. He just has a hard time seeing the game and making plays on the ball at corner.

Plus we have three safeties and an surplus of corners.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you're set up to fail, it's hard to succeed.

I'm sick of hearing about the lack of talent. It's here hidden behind a garbage scheme.

He may be a Safety in the NFL, but I think he'd look entirely different as a CB in college if he played for any number of other defensive teams who play with a different front. He and a bunch of others need an infusion of help psychologically and schematically. I think it's time to accept that these kids are being done a disservice by being placed in those uphill positions. We play zone and rarely force quick QB decisions. We play man and the QB has all day. We generally play conservative, tentative football and then expect the players to play like snarling wolves.

Let's be clear about something: we were so afraid of 3rd and 14 with 9 minutes to play (against a team with a glorified RB playing QB), that we declined a penalty and allowed a 38 yard FG to make it a two score game instead of pushing them potentially out of FG range or forcing a turnover. If anyone thinks that type of leadership approach doesn't affect the players, I don't know what else to say.

Artie burns has shown time and time again he's just a athlete put him at safety he can't cover to save his life and that's not on the coaches

Advertisement
The scheme sucks, the coaches suck, but, man, did he look awful out there last night (and this year).

Artie burns has shown time and time again he's just a athlete put him at safety he can't cover to save his life and that's not on the coaches

It's not on the coaches to turn one of the very best athletes to come in here, who happens to have all the physical tools necessary, into a player who can be effective?! Whose responsibility is that? I'm now confused as to the role of a coach.

I shudder to think what he'd look like at Michigan State, Alabama, or ****, Mcneese State.

By the way, Perryman looked like crap last night. I guess he forgot how to play LB? Nah, man. Time to understand what coaches are supposed to do and why players look the way they do right now.

thats a great name...i was down on him last night....maybe he is better as a safety...but as a corner he is wack

It's not on the coaches to turn one of the very best athletes to come in here, who happens to have all the physical tools necessary, into a player who can be effective?! Whose responsibility is that? I'm now confused as to the role of a coach.

I shudder to think what he'd look like at Michigan State, Alabama, or ****, Mcneese State.

By the way, Perryman looked like crap last night. I guess he forgot how to play LB? Nah, man. Time to understand what coaches are supposed to do and why players look the way they do right now.

This is so true. I simply can't understand why anyone with a pair of eye balls can't see this. Its right in front of everyone.

Advertisement
Our players - this program - deserves better.

He and a bunch of others need an infusion of help psychologically and schematically. I think it's time to accept that these kids are being done a disservice by being placed in those uphill positions.

Burns is a good cb, just a victim of bad coaching. If he would've stuck with Bama, Saban would've coached him into being one of the best in the NCAA. Our db coach don't teach them to ever make a play on the ball. They always in good position but never look back. Ridiculous.

FWIW, don't get me wrong: Burns looks 10x worse than I think he can look right now. His body language. Everything. It makes me furious.

As an 18 year old, he was a potential millionaire DB within 3 years. He deserves a DB coach, D-Coordinator and Head Coach whose entire jobs would be to help mold him - from how he uses his hands and turns for the ball (narrow skills), to how he understands what the defense is doing in terms of down and distance (Coordinator stuff), to how to play like a rabid wolf within the rules (the mentality the Head Coach would presumably support).

Feel terrible for the players right now.

Cover 3 all day smh.. Corners are always bailing and never look back for the ball. Coaching. Took us four games to get a pick and a lucky one at that

Advertisement
I'm gonna reserve judgement on him until i see him play under a competent coaching staff that puts in the hours to improve our players

Lol have u seen bama's corners lately they are the weak link of the team are just isn't a good corner

Lol have u seen bama's corners lately they are the weak link of the team are just isn't a good corner

Is that a shot at Saban's DB coaching? For real?

Would love to hear a rationale for your opinions. Perhaps you can break something down so we could all learn something.

Advertisement
He may be a Safety in the NFL, but I think he'd look entirely different as a CB in college if he played for any number of other defensive teams who play with a different front. He and a bunch of others need an infusion of help psychologically and schematically. I think it's time to accept that these kids are being done a disservice by being placed in those uphill positions. We play zone and rarely force quick QB decisions. We play man and the QB has all day. We generally play conservative, tentative football and then expect the players to play like snarling wolves.

Let's be clear about something: we were so afraid of 3rd and 14 with 9 minutes to play (against a team with a glorified RB playing QB), that we declined a penalty and allowed a 38 yard FG to make it a two score game instead of pushing them potentially out of FG range or forcing a turnover. If anyone thinks that type of leadership approach doesn't affect the players, I don't know what else to say.

These fat ***** are really a bunch of pussies. They're afraid to lose.

Dallas Crawford was horrible last night. Made one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen a safety make.

I don't think he wanted to play last night honestly.

Dallas Crawford was horrible last night. Made one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen a safety make.

I don't think he wanted to play last night honestly.

When he ran to the wrong hole and the rb had like 30 yard gain...yea that did it for me

Advertisement
Back