Article on PalmBeachP espn-writer-sees Canes Winning it all

Advertisement
These SF kids just don't get it, if they stick together they will be crushing other teams within two years. Sprinkle in a few out of staters and it will be 2001 all over again.

These SF kids just don't get it, if they stick together they will be crushing other teams within two years. Sprinkle in a few out of staters and it will be 2001 all over again.

This. The thing is, these kids have to see results first. If we win 10+ games this upcoming season and SF kids aren't lining up to be in 19's class then $omething i$ up.

Advertisement

This. The thing is, these kids have to see results first. If we win 10+ games this upcoming season and SF kids aren't lining up to be in 19's class then $omething i$ up.

Yes, this. 8-4, 3rd in Coastal seasons wont do it.

Reading it made me remember Brad getting knock silly and losing a tooth at start of FSU game which made me remember our Oline and the fact that we will have unknown QB. Then I cancelled my flight to Vegas to place my bet.

We lost 4 in a row last year with a vastly improved defense and 3rd year starter at QB. Okay, defense will be even better this year and that is fantastic, but Mark left question marks all over his offense last year. Maybe the new kid at QB will light the world up, but I was much more confident going into last year. With the fat couple gone, the D was going to be better and with a real HC and a experience QB, the O should have been also.

We play noles early, so we will know if Mark has gotten his crap together and if Oline can protect the QB real quick. I assume defense will keep us in it, but nothing I saw last year give me same feeling about the offense. One thing we will have going for us if the freshman starts at QB, nobody has game planned for a Miami with a mobile QB in a long long time. If we beat the noles, the hype about The U being back will start immediately. Nothing would be more exciting than talking about a playoff with Miami in it. Even the Russians would be interested.

Agreed Gatorhater. It will likely depend on OL play and how well the new QB plays. We have enough playmakers on offense so all the QB needs to do is remain calm and get it to them in space. Hopefully we can run the ball consistently and that will take a lot of pressure off the QB. I have full confidence our defense will be even better than last season. We also have a far easier schedule this year compared to last year. We will know a lot more about this team after Sept 16.

Reading it made me remember Brad getting knock silly and losing a tooth at start of FSU game which made me remember our Oline and the fact that we will have unknown QB. Then I cancelled my flight to Vegas to place my bet.

We lost 4 in a row last year with a vastly improved defense and 3rd year starter at QB. Okay, defense will be even better this year and that is fantastic, but Mark left question marks all over his offense last year. Maybe the new kid at QB will light the world up, but I was much more confident going into last year. With the fat couple gone, the D was going to be better and with a real HC and a experience QB, the O should have been also.

We play noles early, so we will know if Mark has gotten his crap together and if Oline can protect the QB real quick. I assume defense will keep us in it, but nothing I saw last year give me same feeling about the offense. One thing we will have going for us if the freshman starts at QB, nobody has game planned for a Miami with a mobile QB in a long long time. If we beat the noles, the hype about The U being back will start immediately. Nothing would be more exciting than talking about a playoff with Miami in it. Even the Russians would be interested.

Good post and some great points. That 4 game slide last year was brutal but I'm going to give Richt a mulligan. First time back calling plays in years and the OL was poor to average. Having said that, I am confident the OL will be greatly improved this year. Richt also is very familiar with his personnel now that he has has 2 Springs with them.

Defensively, I think we all expect to be much better considering all of the returning players and major additions like Dean and Delaney. There is absolutely zero reason for this defense not to take the next step and be among the nations very best . These kids are hungry. They are tired of being mired in mediocrity and they seem to be all in behind this staff.

I could sit here and go on and on about how we should be significantly better this year despite the good possibility that we have a true freshman under center but we all know all that. The bottom line is that Richt needs to prove that he can still be an exceptional OC/play caller if not an elite one. Make no mistake. Much of our success this season hinges on Richt's ability to be able to run an efficient yet potent offense that best utilizes the talent we have. That great group of skill players we have committed for 2018 and those players we're still trying to convince will be watching closely so there is more riding on Richt's offense than the W/L record.

Don't confuse what I'm saying. I support Richt 100% but the reality is that he needs to step up and deliver while the band is playing. We have a good amount of talent so 4 game losing streaks and overall offensive ineptitude should not and will not be acceptable. I'm not asking for a 15-0 NC year but frankly we have no business winning less than 10 games. I know it. Everyone here knows it. What gives me a positive outlook is that I'm certain Richt knows it too.

Advertisement
the offense was brutal at times last year. Remember the start to the bowl game? I'm optimistic but rick needs to step it up

the offense was brutal at times last year. Remember the start to the bowl game? I'm optimistic but rick needs to step it up

The reason the start of the bowl game was horrid has graduated. I'm not a Kaaya basher but he couldn't hit a 5 yard out for the first quarter and a half. I just rewatched the game a few weeks ago and was flabbergasted how bad he was.

The reason the start of the bowl game was horrid has graduated. I'm not a Kaaya basher but he couldn't hit a 5 yard out for the first quarter and a half. I just rewatched the game a few weeks ago and was flabbergasted how bad he was.

Kaaya was not a big time player, so he didn't show up in big time games (for the most part). It took Ahmmon housing a comeback route for 80 yards for him to get comfortable.

And yes, Kaaya's throw to Coley on 4th down against FSU was a big time play. But his interception to end the first half was not. Need to be consistent, and he wasn't

Advertisement

That was a bad start. During that first and second quarter, I was think, "Oh crap! Here we go again!"

Whoops, guess I jumped the gun.

proxy.php

Oh well, couldn't pass up 60-1

Give me the guys who want in now. Those are the dogs. The guys who only want to go to a program that is already on top are the losers. They have no love for UM and are merely front-running maggots for the most part. Those are the guys who quit Alabaga after a year. They are constantly running through front-running turds up there.

Advertisement

That was a bad start. During that first and second quarter, I was think, "Oh crap! Here we go again!"

I think I had that reaction in at least 8 of our games last year. He could be on fire if he got in a rhythm and had enough protection to go through his progressions. But he'd have 2-quarter dry spells where he couldn't hit fish in a barrel, and at times even the slightest pressure would throw his game off. I will say this about Brad; other than that FSU pick, he rarely gave the ball away. I think Richt feels like that's the lowest common denominator for his starting QB, everything else is upside.

We have a championship defense, and NFL talent at the RB, TE and WR positions. If we avoid too many injuries and can get even decent OL and QB production, we're going to win a lot of games this season.

This. No one ever wants to hear it but it's the truth. Not that I expect a true freshman to be much better right off the bat, but when Kaaya was off, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Had his hot streaks too, obviously, but he was a very fickle QB.

Last edited:

Give me the guys who want in now. Those are the dogs. The guys who only want to go to a program that is already on top are the losers. They have no love for UM and are merely front-running maggots for the most part. Those are the guys who quit Alabaga after a year. They are constantly running through front-running turds up there.

Unless we are at the top and then we do want them and they are winners......

Good post and some great points. That 4 game slide last year was brutal but I'm going to give Richt a mulligan. First time back calling plays in years and the OL was poor to average. Having said that, I am confident the OL will be greatly improved this year. Richt also is very familiar with his personnel now that he has has 2 Springs with them.

Defensively, I think we all expect to be much better considering all of the returning players and major additions like Dean and Delaney. There is absolutely zero reason for this defense not to take the next step and be among the nations very best . These kids are hungry. They are tired of being mired in mediocrity and they seem to be all in behind this staff.

I could sit here and go on and on about how we should be significantly better this year despite the good possibility that we have a true freshman under center but we all know all that. The bottom line is that Richt needs to prove that he can still be an exceptional OC/play caller if not an elite one. Make no mistake. Much of our success this season hinges on Richt's ability to be able to run an efficient yet potent offense that best utilizes the talent we have. That great group of skill players we have committed for 2018 and those players we're still trying to convince will be watching closely so there is more riding on Richt's offense than the W/L record.

Don't confuse what I'm saying. I support Richt 100% but the reality is that he needs to step up and deliver while the band is playing. We have a good amount of talent so 4 game losing streaks and overall offensive ineptitude should not and will not be acceptable. I'm not asking for a 15-0 NC year but frankly we have no business winning less than 10 games. I know it. Everyone here knows it. What gives me a positive outlook is that I'm certain Richt knows it too.

We are all in with Mark. If he fails, recovery will require finding another Howard and those are rare indeed. I think D will be able to play with anyone this year, so we will go as far as Mark's coaching can take us. Howard always said that the only thing keeping Miami from winning NCs was decent coaching. Lets hope we have found another.

Advertisement
Back