Article: Hurlie Brown To Be New RB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
My gut instinct doesn't really like the hire. He better be a stud recruiter and I think at best it's an unknown.

I guess I blindly follow Golden in everything else, what's the difference with this hire? Hopefully it turns out OK.

Hopefully Sony and Cook will really like Hurlie and commit to us.

It was a very interesting hire given who else was interviewed and the RB talent in South Florida.

From Barry Jackson's column today...

Two prominent high school coaches – Central’s Telly Lockette and Oakland Park Northeast’s Donnell Bennett – appreciated that Al Golden interviewed them for the running back coach’s job and say there are no hard feelings after Golden instead promoted Hurlie Brown to the position.

“I wished it would have worked out – it’s my goal to coach in college,” Lockette said. "Al Golden said I have a bright future," Bennett said.

Both said they haven’t talked to Golden about replacing Brown as football operations coordinator.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-chatter.html#storylink=addthis#storylink=cpy

****....I like Bennett staying put for a while, but nabbing lockette before FSU or some other school does would be a good idea

Lets be honest, Hurlie gets us in a lot of doors and is suited for dealing with some of the difficult coaches down their. Then let Crystal Ball and Coley close.

However, once again, I am just not sure if he can actually coach RB's

Well, if Duke regresses people will definitely blame Mr. Brown's hire as the reason. I feel like certain positions dont need a whole lot of coaching technique-wise. RB is one of those positions i think you dont have to be an expert to coach, so he can focus on recruiting. Kind of how HS coaches tend to teach "out of the way" classes so they can focus on coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back