Article: Encouraging Photograph from 2019 Provides Optimism for Miami Offensive Line

Nelson 1st Round LT in Mocks?

0D7D172E-FC65-42B5-9E96-D6DE06A46AC1.jpeg

Advertisement
At the very least, we're rolling out a group of veterans on the offensive line for the first time in a long time. Having Donaldson back as a full time starter at guard really helps solidify that interior line which was a huge weak spot last year. Also, while I understand that both Scaife and Clark will probably play next year, they both won't have to be on the field together.
Donaldson missed a lot of time, and I am not sold that having him back is a good thing yet. He HAS to be in better shape, to be a full time starter.

Lol I rounded Tyreeks 21. Something to 22 cause he’s hit 22 plenty of times. You right though you didn’t mention 22.

And I hear ya on them 3 being very fast for the position but my point was that we should on roster have a handful of DBs WRs and RBs that
would be considered speed demons if they played QB or TE.

Itd depend on who we were saying ran 20 mph I guess and that list could maybe be pretty funny if what u saying about jukin stats is true.

And I think UNC game we could’ve been running same speed just our guys were running 20 mph straight into blockers or 20 mph to get the **** out of the way if the ball carrier cause they didn’t wanna turn into a meme like AC.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Facts! Lol. Lol.

Advertisement
Imma be honest; I just said it in “The Huff” thread, but I believe our numbers are being juked. The 20 mph proves that. We don’t have no one on the team coming close to the speed of Tyreke Hill, and he hit a mark of 20.76 yesterday; which was the 12th time this season he hit 20 MPH. THAT’S HOW 20 MPH running looks.

I played for a very suck *** football program in HS, and our weight coach used to juke stats all the time.
Yep. We have some mid 90s Virginia Tech numbers going on.

I feel you but these are veteran JAGs for the most part. No reason not to win coastal but this line will be demolished in Game 1. Of course I hope I'm wrong.....

Advertisement
Scaife being a started does not mean good news
Hopefully he gets better. Idk if it was a lack of spring/fall to really get better while learning a new scheme or if he’s really just that bad..**** i haven’t a clue. But I know walker, 55, and rivers gonna add much needed comp

A fat, out of shape Donaldson is 100 times better than a completely healthy Clark or Scaife
I’ll say this..and it worked with Zion when I made the proclamation cause he got better and better...but 53 should not be a starter at Miami...ever

True; how bout this; we’re not a fast team, period. We have no game breakers. The closest we have is Harley, and that’s as of recent. We have no one hitting top end speed on either side of the ball.

Not just Harley with the quicks, a couple of our rb's have some step to them.
I agree with you we need to get a lot faster as a team but you said Tyreek Hill man. lol I mean, on KC, how many dudes are Tyreek Hill fast?

At the very least, we're rolling out a group of veterans on the offensive line for the first time in a long time. Having Donaldson back as a full time starter at guard really helps solidify that interior line which was a huge weak spot last year. Also, while I understand that both Scaife and Clark will probably play next year, they both won't have to be on the field together.
The pure strength training of our offensive line needs to change, it’s like our guys don’t get stronger from year to year, and continue to get pushed around!

Advertisement
There's a good possibility that 4/5ths of the opening day OL Diaz fielded in his first game as HC will be I-dentical against Bama. And instead of a walking disaster at RT we'll have 7th year Jarrid Williams starting his 75th game.

If Miami can't field a decent OL in 2021 with Nelson (20+ starts), Donaldson (30+ starts), Gaynor (25+ starts), Scaife (30+ starts) and Williams (25+ starts), with Rivers, Walker, Seymore, McLaughlin, Rodriguez squeezing from the bottom, then it may never happen here again.

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1170206476-850x560.jpeg
This makes the assumption that players need to get better year after year
That is a huge assumption to make
We have had more players regress or plateau under Diaz

Advertisement

Not just Harley with the quicks, a couple of our rb's have some step to them.
I agree with you we need to get a lot faster as a team but you said Tyreek Hill man. lol I mean, on KC, how many dudes are Tyreek Hill fast?

Dang near that whole team. Lol. They ain’t called the Legion of Zoom for nothing. Lol. Those dudes are like the modern day Greatest Show on Turf. Once upon a time, it used to be called “Miami” speed around these parts. It was fast, and Miami fast. That was us.

Imma need more than a **** photo sir...
- Left Tackle: 3rd year So. Zion Nelson: 21 starts and 1,493 career snaps on offense

- Left Guard: 5th year Sr. Navaughn Donaldson: 34 starts and 2,063 career snaps on offense

- Center: 5th year Jr. Corey Gaynor: 25 starts and 1,867 career snaps on offense

- Right Guard: 4th year Jr. DJ Scaife: 31 starts and 2,194 career snaps on offense

- Right Tackle: 7th year Sr. Jarrid Williams: 29 starts and 2,207 career snaps on offense

- Left Tackle: 3rd year So. Zion Nelson: 21 starts and 1,493 career snaps on offense

- Left Guard: 5th year Sr. Navaughn Donaldson: 34 starts and 2,063 career snaps on offense

- Center: 5th year Jr. Corey Gaynor: 25 starts and 1,867 career snaps on offense

- Right Guard: 4th year Jr. DJ Scaife: 31 starts and 2,194 career snaps on offense

- Right Tackle: 7th year Sr. Jarrid Williams: 29 starts and 2,207 career snaps on offense
No excuse for this unit not to be solid.

Need to make massive improvements with run blocking. How many run plays did we have stuffed for a TFL or little to no gain?

Advertisement
Back