Article: Encouraging Photograph from 2019 Provides Optimism for Miami Offensive Line

Lets just hope they've gotten better.
This would be their second year in the new system. Aside from obvious issues with S&C which must be addressed (Gaynor cracking 280 lbs, Donaldson getting below 380), they should improve based simply on having a season + spring practice + offseason under their belts.

Advertisement
instantaneous speed has very little to do with anything. tons of guys who are nowhere near as fast as tyreek hill hit 20mph just for a moment. the difference with tyreek is how fast he gets to top speed and how long he can stay there.

True; how bout this; we’re not a fast team, period. We have no game breakers. The closest we have is Harley, and that’s as of recent. We have no one hitting top end speed on either side of the ball.

Advertisement
Need a mean kick as s leader on the the OL. One that will push the rest of them all spring and summer even if it means getting in their faces. One thing I have not seen for a while. They can all get better but it takes true dedication to the task and some need to be pushed
Those guys left in the early 2000’s.

I'm just hoping that all this experience and all these starts means we can gain 2 yds on a 3rd and 1 on a running play over the center/guard...we can do that I'll be happy.

Imma be honest; I just said it in “The Huff” thread, but I believe our numbers are being juked. The 20 mph proves that. We don’t have no one on the team coming close to the speed of Tyreke Hill, and he hit a mark of 20.76 yesterday; which was the 12th time this season he hit 20 MPH. THAT’S HOW 20 MPH running looks.

I played for a very suck *** football program in HS, and our weight coach used to juke stats all the time.
No you’re underestimating the difference between what 22 mph and 20 mph looks like.

Here’s an article for you to check out that’ll help show you.

Basically Cam Newton Delanie Walker and Russel Wilson all top out right at 20 MPH all of those guys run 40s in the 4.5 to 4.6 range.
I’d bet we a decent amount of guys that can run a 4.5 - 4.6

There's a good possibility that 4/5ths of the opening day OL Diaz fielded in his first game as HC will be I-dentical against Bama. And instead of a walking disaster at RT we'll have 7th year Jarrid Williams starting his 75th game.

If Miami can't field a decent OL in 2021 with Nelson (20+ starts), Donaldson (30+ starts), Gaynor (25+ starts), Scaife (30+ starts) and Williams (25+ starts), with Rivers, Walker, Seymore, McLaughlin, Rodriguez squeezing from the bottom, then it may never happen here again.

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1170206476-850x560.jpeg
All that experience surety should possess Bama with a concern or two.

Advertisement
No you’re underestimating the difference between what 22 mph and 20 mph looks like.

Here’s an article for you to check out that’ll help show you.

Basically Cam Newton Delanie Walker and Russel Wilson all top out right at 20 MPH all of those guys run 40s in the 4.5 to 4.6 range.
I’d bet we a decent amount of guys that can run a 4.5 - 4.6

Brotha; I’m not underestimating the difference between 22 MPH & 20 MPH. That’s actually a pretty big difference. And I’m pretty sure I didn’t mention anything about 22 MPH. Lol.

I’m thinking ur forgetting how fast Wilson, Newton was, and why Walker was considered a physical freak at the TE position. And I’m not saying any of our guys have not hit 20 MPH at a point. Harley looks plenty fast, and Lingard, on the min opp he got was plenty fast. But my guy, we were hearing reports of guys in the UNC game hitting 20 MPH!! lol! Which I said, if we were running at 20 MPH, then UNC had to be at 30 MPH. Lol.

I'm just hoping that all this experience and all these starts means we can gain 2 yds on a 3rd and 1 on a running play over the center/guard...we can do that I'll be happy.

It was extremely frustrating to not be able to run up the middle when we needed to gain a yard or 2. I know some people complained about Lashlee at times but if we can start gaining 3-5 yards on those early down inside runs instead of -1 to 1 yard, the entire offense will start to open up more.

Brotha; I’m not underestimating the difference between 22 MPH & 20 MPH. That’s actually a pretty big difference. And I’m pretty sure I didn’t mention anything about 22 MPH. Lol.

I’m thinking ur forgetting how fast Wilson, Newton was, and why Walker was considered a physical freak at the TE position. And I’m not saying any of our guys have not hit 20 MPH at a point. Harley looks plenty fast, and Lingard, on the min opp he got was plenty fast. But my guy, we were hearing reports of guys in the UNC game hitting 20 MPH!! lol! Which I said, if we were running at 20 MPH, then UNC had to be at 30 MPH. Lol.
Lol I rounded Tyreeks 21. Something to 22 cause he’s hit 22 plenty of times. You right though you didn’t mention 22.

And I hear ya on them 3 being very fast for the position but my point was that we should on roster have a handful of DBs WRs and RBs that
would be considered speed demons if they played QB or TE.

Itd depend on who we were saying ran 20 mph I guess and that list could maybe be pretty funny if what u saying about jukin stats is true.

And I think UNC game we could’ve been running same speed just our guys were running 20 mph straight into blockers or 20 mph to get the **** out of the way if the ball carrier cause they didn’t wanna turn into a meme like AC.

Imma be honest; I just said it in “The Huff” thread, but I believe our numbers are being juked. The 20 mph proves that. We don’t have no one on the team coming close to the speed of Tyreke Hill, and he hit a mark of 20.76 yesterday; which was the 12th time this season he hit 20 MPH. THAT’S HOW 20 MPH running looks.

I played for a very suck *** football program in HS, and our weight coach used to juke stats all the time.
Big difference running in shorts in practice vs running with full pads during a game.

Advertisement
There are two significant changes.

1. We have some stability in the offensive staff, who are all going into their second year. That can't be understated, as Richt, v Enos v Lashlee all ran different schemes which impacted OL assignments significantly. Plus Searels, Barry and Justice all approached development and technique differently.

I know being an OL just looks like you stand up and hit someone. But it's not the case at all. Most of our problem has been coordination across the line, not 1:1 matches.

2. There is finally real competition at every spot. Most OL are always hungry and that extra weight makes them naturally unmotivated to do a ton of conditioning. Strength workouts, sure. But conditioning workouts for an OL are pure misery. There are definite exceptions, but that's the general rule. So if you don't have that anxiety of losing your spot, no matter how hard you "want" to put in that extra conditioning work, you slack more than you would with a guy breathing down your neck for the job.

That said, we've been so bad for so long, I'm not sure these guys know what excellence is any more. Hopefully Williams leads the way. Too bad we don't have an Alpha in the pack like we did with Feliciano or Joaquin, even senior McDermott was grinder. I really think we're missing that piece and will not be confident until someone steps up.

100% appreciate everything you are saying, and agree with you.

And the reality is, it will make ZERO difference next September.

Alabama ***** slaps us 50-0.

Advertisement
Scaife was playing a new position in 2020 and took his lumps. Gaynor is what he is.

The point: OL coaches have wet dreams about an OL with this amount of combined starts, and any hope for a solid, perhaps good OL hinges on the veterans.
Ive been saying this for years. Maturity and experience matter a lot in cfb. We have had too little of both for ages.

Diaz prolly aint never heard of the metric system. We got cats runnin 20 km/hr.

Advertisement
Back