Article: Brady Could Commit Saturday

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 South Dade WR Tyre Brady is regarded as one of the top receivers in South Florida, and picked up a big offer tonight from the hometown Miami hurricanes.

“It was shocking, this was a dream school for me ever since I was a kid. It’s amazing that I have an opportunity to go there.”

The South Dade Buccaneer recapped how he got the offer.

“Before I left and went to Tennessee and Alabama, I talked to coach Brennan Carroll and he told me that the next meeting he was going to request that they offer me,” Brady said.

“Today, James Coley told me to call and they wanted me to be a Cane. He told me ‘ I want you to be a Cane, what can I do to make you a Cane right now.’ I told him I have to talk to my mom.”

Brady is planning on attending the next Al Golden Football Camp on Saturday and is looking foward to it.

“I’ll be out with my mom there on Saturday and they’re gonna meet with her. Coach Carroll said he is excited.”

Brady is one of the many talented pass-catchers that the South Florida Express 7-on-7 team has.

“It’s great playing with them; I get to go against the best talent during the practices and I get to play with them during each seven on seven camp we go to. It’s just good being around all them getting extra work put in.”

The Express’ offense is led by a former 'Cane receiver, Kevin Beard. The 6’3" 180-pound receiver enjoys learning from the veteran and everything he teaches.

“It’s great working with him. Everything he teaches is locked, he even has history as a receiver. He helps us get that extra work in.”

The Express came off a big win during their regional win in the I-M-G 7-on-7 tournament and are looking to dominate again at Nationals.

What are the chances Brady becomes a Miami Hurricane on Saturday?

“Very high percentage, 75 percent.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Come on down young man! Plenty of time to get those rumored grades in order!

Advertisement
" this was a dream school for me ever since I was a kid."

30.gif

His film is about as hard to find as Jontavious Carter's was. FarArcher stop looking for Sasquatch and find me his film.

Advertisement
His film is about as hard to find as Jontavious Carter's was. FarArcher stop looking for Sasquatch and find me his film.

Brady hasn't played much high school football. His reputation is from 7on7s, camps and youth football. He was probably the best WR at the Golden Camp he participated in last year.

Advertisement

Brady hasn't played much high school football. His reputation is from 7on7s, camps and youth football. He was probably the best WR at the Golden Camp he participated in last year.

Who else was there?

Who else was there?

Johnny Dixon was the other guy that stood out. My memory is a bit foggy (it was a year ago) but the crop of talent at WR wasn't as good as it was last week.

Advertisement

I'll add to this by saying I've been hearing about Brady since basically his 8th grade year. I was a junior at Columbus when he was a freshman and he was like a folk legend the way people talked about him within the Columbus program. He is a 5-star talent when he gets everything straight and tightens up the nuances of the position.

He has had so many moving pieces throughout his high school career, he really hasn't had a chance to settle in anywhere. Do you realize how ridiculous it is that he has Ohio State, UF, FSU, and Miami offers without a single piece of tape in an actual game? He is a freak.

Advertisement
Back