Article about Mario the QB killer

That does make me laugh. You think Satan the megalomaniac would give credit to anyone else... Lol
Satan by the way hasn't had his own creative thought since the 90s. It's what happens when you can afford to have ALL of the best throughout & someone who knows how to delegate up top. But y'all feel free to think it's him who does everything. There's a reason everytime he sees adversity he just goes and throws far more money then they are worth at it to correct. As um fans y'all have seen it twice from Mario at the time getting a huge raise to leave to more recently he solved our own problem with t-rob(he was a problem because he was one of the few assistants who had a buy out)

Maybe I haven’t been keeping up, but what was the problem with T Rob?

Advertisement
Me too! Busy 1000% I lost my mind on draft night. Whatever, I can count on the bears ownership and management to ***** up everything. I pray they don’t draft Tyrique… the bears did nail their second round safety pick last year fwiw
I hate when a fan base and media force a gm to draft a QB. If he's not a super bowl franchise QB don't fuqin pick a QB. Pick a position player that's a savage. If your not sure about a QB don't draft them.

Advertisement
Agree too many teams reach for QBs but I don't think in today's game a team can win a Super Bowl with a game manager.
I’ll agree with both of your points. Taking a quarterback that’s not going to be great is a waste of a first round pick and it immediately sets the program back three to five years. Take the best player available and wait for your moment. Better to wait another year and get a true program changer

I’ll agree with both of your points. Taking a quarterback that’s not going to be great is a waste of a first round pick and it immediately sets the program back three to five years. Take the best player available and wait for your moment. Better to wait another year and get a true program changer
Waste of a high first round pick, agree.

Pittsburgh selecting Pickett late first round was a solid pick. They were still a playoff contender with BB in his last gasp season. They need a QB to get to the next tier. Taking the best available at any other position isn’t likely to move the needle. Plus, they have two other journeyman QBs who can give KP time to adjust to the NFL.

The Giants taking Pickett high in the first round would have been a mistake. They experienced this with Daniel Jones.

That does make me laugh. You think Satan the megalomaniac would give credit to anyone else... Lol
Satan by the way hasn't had his own creative thought since the 90s. It's what happens when you can afford to have ALL of the best throughout & someone who knows how to delegate up top. But y'all feel free to think it's him who does everything. There's a reason everytime he sees adversity he just goes and throws far more money then they are worth at it to correct. As um fans y'all have seen it twice from Mario at the time getting a huge raise to leave to more recently he solved our own problem with t-rob(he was a problem because he was one of the few assistants who had a buy out)
What does him throwing more money in recruiting have to do with him revamping his philosophies? You don’t have to rewrite history to discredit him bro lol saban is one of the greatest if not the greatest defensive mind ever and his influence there is still seen today. Saying he hasn’t had his own creative thought since the 90s is just insane to say lol

Agree too many teams reach for QBs but I don't think in today's game a team can win a Super Bowl with a game manager.

If you hit pay dirt on a young qb, it allows the team to build around him. Take the Rams. They built a team around Goff who was first pick a few years ago. They added MS and win it all. Will building the roster around a young qb coupled with a Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan qb type of pickup be the way to go?

Advertisement
What does him throwing more money in recruiting have to do with him revamping his philosophies? You don’t have to rewrite history to discredit him bro lol saban is one of the greatest if not the greatest defensive mind ever and his influence there is still seen today. Saying he hasn’t had his own creative thought since the 90s is just insane to say lol
If there's a question to ask as maybe I didn't articulate something enough or maybe the context might be off than just ask the question & more than likely I'll give you an answer. #1 I wasn't speaking about recruiting. I was speaking about HIM changing up his philosophies & how it related to the offense getting revamped because someone said he had a different coordinator throughout. So the comment related to him bringing in coaches that were innovative regularly and allowing them to work. (Hence why the comment came in about canes & two examples being Mario & t-rob) on the defensive side of the ball he definitely knows his stuff. He learned at the hands of some very sharp dudes. My comment related far more to him having next to nothing to do with the offense. His thoughts isn't how things changed up. Also by you making that comment you're discrediting the people he puts on staff. There's a reason that he has such a huge,deep support staff(pause is I guess what y'all say here) tons of experience under him. Personally I have no need to descredit him. I've known Saban since my time at um when he used to attach himself to Butch's left arm. I know what he is and what he isn't. But don't be hypocritical hermano when you're throwing all this praise on him while essentially descrediting everything else that allowed him to get there. It's like the Phil Jackson or pat Riley argument.

If you hit pay dirt on a young qb, it allows the team to build around him. Take the Rams. They built a team around Goff who was first pick a few years ago. They added MS and win it all. Will building the roster around a young qb coupled with a Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan qb type of pickup be the way to go?
Difficult to plan on such fortune, but it can work if you have an opportunity at an elite QB like Stafford. Or the Bucs and the GOAT FA-signing of Tom Brady.

Don't get the Herbert was held back stuff. Can anyone name any of his WRs during his time at Oregon? And dude still put up numbers. Anthony Brown is trash tho. That ain't on Mario at all.

Advertisement
If there's a question to ask as maybe I didn't articulate something enough or maybe the context might be off than just ask the question & more than likely I'll give you an answer. #1 I wasn't speaking about recruiting. I was speaking about HIM changing up his philosophies & how it related to the offense getting revamped because someone said he had a different coordinator throughout. So the comment related to him bringing in coaches that were innovative regularly and allowing them to work. (Hence why the comment came in about canes & two examples being Mario & t-rob) on the defensive side of the ball he definitely knows his stuff. He learned at the hands of some very sharp dudes. My comment related far more to him having next to nothing to do with the offense. His thoughts isn't how things changed up. Also by you making that comment you're discrediting the people he puts on staff. There's a reason that he has such a huge,deep support staff(pause is I guess what y'all say here) tons of experience under him. Personally I have no need to discredit him. I've known Saban since my time at um when he used to attach himself to Butch's left arm. I know what he is and what he isn't. But don't be hypocritical hermano when you're throwing all this praise on him while essentially discrediting everything else that allowed him to get there. It's like the Phil Jackson or pat Riley argument.
Satan's reign has as much do with his free pass at illegal recruiting, i.e., the Bag Game, as anything else. He hates NIL as it levels the playing field somewhat. He hates it so much he has buddy Senator Joe Manchin talking about NIL-regulation favoring the $EC.

And while not wanting to give Nicky undeserved credit for calling Bama's offense the past decade did he not make the decision to hire OC's like Kiffin and others? After the Kick 6 loss to Auburn in 2013 he knew he could no longer win at a high level with a defense not built to defend spread offenses running 80-90-100 plays a game. He has to settle for winning more shootouts rather than losing. He knows he can't win NCs on defense and running the ball alone.

Oh, and F-Saban, F-Bama, F-$EC, and F-NCAA. All of 'em.

If there's a question to ask as maybe I didn't articulate something enough or maybe the context might be off than just ask the question & more than likely I'll give you an answer. #1 I wasn't speaking about recruiting. I was speaking about HIM changing up his philosophies & how it related to the offense getting revamped because someone said he had a different coordinator throughout. So the comment related to him bringing in coaches that were innovative regularly and allowing them to work. (Hence why the comment came in about canes & two examples being Mario & t-rob) on the defensive side of the ball he definitely knows his stuff. He learned at the hands of some very sharp dudes. My comment related far more to him having next to nothing to do with the offense. His thoughts isn't how things changed up. Also by you making that comment you're discrediting the people he puts on staff. There's a reason that he has such a huge,deep support staff(pause is I guess what y'all say here) tons of experience under him. Personally I have no need to descredit him. I've known Saban since my time at um when he used to attach himself to Butch's left arm. I know what he is and what he isn't. But don't be hypocritical hermano when you're throwing all this praise on him while essentially descrediting everything else that allowed him to get there. It's like the Phil Jackson or pat Riley argument.
Not discrediting the other guys who played a part but it starts up top so of course he’d get most of the credit. A great coach surrounds himself with people who are more knowledgeable or as knowledgeable as him in other areas. I was thrown off from u saying he hasn’t had his kwn creative thought from the 90s when his defense alone has expanded many times since then. And his philosophy as a team has changed because he saw the shift in the game, adapt or die. Giving him credit isn’t taking away from others.

And as far as butch, thats cool butch is great im sure but after Miami what has he done to be mentioned with saban? Saban has pulled from other greats too , butch isn’t the only one. Yall always mention butch in Saban convos as if that takes away from saban being great lol. If butch is so great and taught saban alot why has butch not been as successful as he was in Miami anywhere else?

Don't get the Herbert was held back stuff. Can anyone name any of his WRs during his time at Oregon? And dude still put up numbers. Anthony Brown is trash tho. That ain't on Mario at all.
I think that was the point, he couldnt get qbs or whatever.. either way its a perception and he has TVD and a stocked qb room, so this is perfect time for next 3-5 years to put that to bed

Advertisement
Not discrediting the other guys who played a part but it starts up top so of course he’d get most of the credit. A great coach surrounds himself with people who are more knowledgeable or as knowledgeable as him in other areas. I was thrown off from u saying he hasn’t had his kwn creative thought from the 90s when his defense alone has expanded many times since then. And his philosophy as a team has changed because he saw the shift in the game, adapt or die. Giving him credit isn’t taking away from others.

And as far as butch, thats cool butch is great im sure but after Miami what has he done to be mentioned with saban? Saban has pulled from other greats too , butch isn’t the only one. Yall always mention butch in Saban convos as if that takes away from saban being great lol. If butch is so great and taught saban alot why has butch not been as successful as he was in Miami anywhere else?
Man please stop.....Butch forgot more about Defensive FB than Saban will ever know...hence 2 SB Rings as a DC....There's a reason he called Butch in the mid 90s multiple times and asked could he come to Greentree and get pointers and watch practices. Butch was building a Monster at UNC....So much so, that he beat UM 3 times with far less talent. Lol at you questioning a former UM starter in Brooklyndee...

Man please stop.....Butch forgot more about Defensive FB than Saban will ever know...hence 2 SB Rings as a DC....There's a reason he called Butch in the mid 90s multiple times and asked could he come to Greentree and get pointers and watch practices. Butch was building a Monster at UNC....So much so, that he beat UM 3 times with far less talent. Lol at you questioning a former UM starter in Brooklyndee...
Im convinced you’re either butch davis or his son so nothing u say about this is valid to me lol

And idc who he is, we’re talking like men idk why u mentioned him starting for us like that makes a difference in what we’re talking about

The Herbert thing is definitely curious. I think that one has some merit. I watched a few Herbert games because there was a lot of talk the Fins might draft him so I checked in. I felt like he was treated like a game manager QB. His development and play with the Chargers did surprise me.

Brown OTOH. Woof. We saw that guy at BC. Brown was a limited thrower who was better in a run-heavy, ball control offense. Mario got out of him last year what is expected of him.
I disagree Herbert’s numbers in the Taggart season were artificially inflated. In that year he was injured game 5 and didn’t return until after their most difficult slate of games. His numbers were boosted by blow out wins against Southern Utah and Oregon St.

To me, the bigger question mark is how will Gattis call a game rather than how will Mario make his imprint on the offense. We've all heard that Harbaugh limited Gattis in what he can do yet Michigan had a pretty good offense. And 2018 Bama - we know Locksley was the OC but Gattis supposedly was very influential in that offense. Will we get some of that? We know Mario wants what you say - physicality and the ability to run the ball. Gattis' offense, to me, is the bigger question mark. JMO.
I think it’s a fair question to wonder what Gattis’s offense will look like. That being said, obviously Miami is a new team to him with different talent and he’s stated several times he’ll cater his offense to the available talent. What his Miami offense will look like is anyone’s guess.

Advertisement
Back