Arthur Williams?

417.gif

Advertisement
Uh, Arthur...Wharton, Harvard and a few others would like to have a word with you.

The Noles just got a commitment from a 6'9" OT in my area, DeMatha in Hyattsville MD, Brock Ruble. I don't really follow HS football in this area so I know nothing about him. He said FSU had the number one engineering school in the world....no, not really. He mentioned that Rick Trickett is known for taking raw kids and making them into outstanding OLs, like another basketball player (whose name I forgot). The kid is a former basketball player who decided to concentrate on football.

Tomahawk nation did an interview with new commit Arthur Williams and it was honestly comical. Williams said "First and foremost, I am going to go to school to get my bachelors and masters in business and marketing," Williams said. "Florida State is the number one business school in the country. It stuck out so much from every other school. You have no choice but to be successful academically." This kid said florida state is #1 in the country is business and he chose them based on academics. It is just straight funny some of the things these kids say.

Well here is something very interesting in terms of spinning rankings for promotional purposes.
http://www.cob.fsu.edu/Quicklinks/College-of-Business-Features/College-of-Business-MBA-program-excels-in-rankings

College of Business MBA program excels in rankings
U.S. News & World Report 2012 rankings place College of Business' MBA program among the best

Tallahassee, Fla. – For the second consecutive year U.S. News & World Report has ranked the Florida State University College of Business' Accelerated Master of Business Administration program among the best in the nation, placing the school at No. 50 among all public universities, No. 11 among all public schools in the Southeast and No. 94 among all 437 schools surveyed and tied for No. 1 among all programs of similar size.

Talk about spinning numbers!

Go Canes

Tomahawk nation did an interview with new commit Arthur Williams and it was honestly comical. Williams said "First and foremost, I am going to go to school to get my bachelors and masters in business and marketing," Williams said. "Florida State is the number one business school in the country. It stuck out so much from every other school. You have no choice but to be successful academically." This kid said florida state is #1 in the country is business and he chose them based on academics. It is just straight funny some of the things these kids say.

Does the lying by coaches get this blatant and bad....and are the kids that ill-informed? Don't they have HS guidance counselors to set them straight? Maybe the counselors are on the take, too....or maybe they're that dumb.

Well here is something very interesting in terms of spinning rankings for promotional purposes.
http://www.cob.fsu.edu/Quicklinks/College-of-Business-Features/College-of-Business-MBA-program-excels-in-rankings

College of Business MBA program excels in rankings
U.S. News & World Report 2012 rankings place College of Business' MBA program among the best

Tallahassee, Fla. – For the second consecutive year U.S. News & World Report has ranked the Florida State University College of Business' Accelerated Master of Business Administration program among the best in the nation, placing the school at No. 50 among all public universities, No. 11 among all public schools in the Southeast and No. 94 among all 437 schools surveyed and tied for No. 1 among all programs of similar size.

Talk about spinning numbers!

Go Canes

Good research.

It's sad when they mislead a kid about something like this. Of course, he couldn't be too well-informed or sophisticated if he really believes such a blatant lie. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or not. Doesn't he have guidance counselors who can set him straight? Or are they on the take, too?

I wonder if some schools go so far as to tell a prospective recruit that the school has a program or major that it does not have. Of course, they might say they just eliminated it after he signed his LOI.

Advertisement
Uh, Arthur...Wharton, Harvard and a few others would like to have a word with you.

The Noles just got a commitment from a 6'9" OT in my area, DeMatha in Hyattsville MD, Brock Ruble. I don't really follow HS football in this area so I know nothing about him. He said FSU had the number one engineering school in the world....no, not really. He mentioned that Rick Trickett is known for taking raw kids and making them into outstanding OLs, like another basketball player (whose name I forgot). The kid is a former basketball player who decided to concentrate on football.

Menelik Watson.

Advertisement
Back