Arthur Williams?

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Any info on this DT? Supposdly will be picking today between UM, FSU, ECU.....247 predicts FSU. No idea he even had an offer.

Advertisement
The fact that ECU is with those other two tells you all you need to know

Advertisement
In terms of remaining Prep Players UM is focused on Anthony Moten or bust. Then it is 1 or 2 more JUCO DT/NT players.

Go Canes

Advertisement
If he commits to the noles i wouldnt be surprised if they flipped him to the offensive side

His new High School coach did the samething this year with him.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/08/06/1274399

EE Smith Arthur Williams looks to build on Mid-South 4-A Title

By Earl Vaughan Jr.
Scholastic sports editor

When Ernest King was hired as head football coach at E.E. Smith, one of the first people he sat down with for a heart-to-heart talk was Arthur Williams.

King had a big challenge to hand him.

"I told him with him being the only returning guy on the offensive and defensive lines, he had to lead by example,'' King said. "If he doesn't lead by example, we don't achieve the goals we are setting.''

Williams, who stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 305, was ready to shoulder that role.

"I want to be the defensive player of the year for the county and the region,'' Williams said. "I want to do things a lineman has never done before. I just want to win.''

A year ago, Williams helped Smith win the Mid-South 4-A Conference title, a performance that included a victory over eventual state 4-AA runner-up Jack Britt.

Williams doesn't think it's too much to expect the Golden Bulls to do the same thing this year.

"We expect it from ourselves,'' he said. "We just want to build on our success as a team and as individuals.''

Williams is used to challenges, coming off a season where he was a star on both the offensive and defensive lines and where he'll be asked to do the same this season.

King said the coaches at Smith have taken care to prepare him for the test.

"We practice him a little harder than most,'' the coach said. "He's willing to put in extra work. We have a guy who does speed work with him, and we have a workout we do in the gym he does to deal with conditioning.''

Williams said if he was forced to choose, he would prefer playing defense, for one reason: "You get to hit people."

One would think there's more physical exertion on defense, but Williams said it's just the opposite.

"I have to chase down linebackers,'' he said of his offensive blocking assignments. "On defense, I just hit my gap like the running back or the quarterback.''

Although he loves playing defense, King said he might have to give Williams a break on that side of the ball and rest him occasionally.

"Our biggest thing is we want to get him down to 285 when the season starts,'' he said. "He'll be a whole lot quicker. He's still a real massive guy.''

Williams' combination of size and talent has drawn a lot of college interest. He said he's heard from nearly every school in the ACC and the SEC, plus a few more.

He's not averse to playing out of state, but he said he'd prefer to be at a school closer to home so friends and relatives can see him on a regular basis.

If King is right in his talent assessment, Williams could draw even more scrutiny before the season ends.

"He reminds me of Xavier Nixon,'' King said. King was an assistant at Jack Britt when Nixon was rated one of the top players in the nation and eventually because a starter in the offensive line at Florida. Nixon is currently trying to land a spot on the Washington Redskins roster as an undrafted free agent.

"The biggest thing is (Williams) makes everybody around him better,'' King said.

Sounds like has good character... IMHO i see a brighter future on the offensive side of the ball didnt really really imppress me on his film playing defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tomahawk nation did an interview with new commit Arthur Williams and it was honestly comical. Williams said "First and foremost, I am going to go to school to get my bachelors and masters in business and marketing," Williams said. "Florida State is the number one business school in the country. It stuck out so much from every other school. You have no choice but to be successful academically." This kid said florida state is #1 in the country is business and he chose them based on academics. It is just straight funny some of the things these kids say.

Last edited:
Gerry Hamilton ‏@HamiltonESPN 2m
#FSU DT commit @gattibaby at Shrine Bowl check in. Plans to visit #SouthCarolina & Miami #Canes in January

304.jpg

Advertisement
Back