Artavius Jones, Four-Star Defensive Lineman, Joins Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

Not a very vocal kid and if I remember correctly he didn’t camp much was middle of the pack 4 star til the end and people saw him play and he became a 5 star. Wanna see a gem look at Jordan Davis he was a low 3 star I was begging Miami to recruit
The biggest thing I think is just not seeing a big dude leaning on smaller kids or flat out bull rushing every **** play…

The freaks and beasts are so athletic their doing all kinds of things… playing RB, TE, maybe standing up at LB at times…

Advertisement
Jalen Carter was a composite top 10 player. The exact opposite.

On Jones, his athleticism is off the charts which makes me wonder why was he not pursued by the SEC especially UGA and Baga? Is he missing a mean streak? This might be one of those that in 3 years people are asking why was he not a 5 star because film wise he looks every bit in range with the other top guys we recruited. Or is it a Marcus Forston situation?
Strength is probably an issue but Mario said he squatted 600 or some sh like that. If he’s skrong especially his hands boy we got a good one.

Advertisement
Jalen Carter was a composite top 10 player. The exact opposite.

On Jones, his athleticism is off the charts which makes me wonder why was he not pursued by the SEC especially UGA and Baga? Is he missing a mean streak? This might be one of those that in 3 years people are asking why was he not a 5 star because film wise he looks every bit in range with the other top guys we recruited. Or is it a Marcus Forston situation?
I think the level of competition plays a part. Blounstown plays in the lowest level of Florida...North Florida at that. At least 99% of the time he is by far the biggest player on the field and he is by far the most athletic of the those players or any other player for that matter. Jalen played at the highest level in Central Florida and flat out dominated.

The biggest thing I think is just not seeing a big dude leaning on smaller kids or flat out bull rushing every **** play…

The freaks and beasts are so athletic their doing all kinds of things… playing RB, TE, maybe standing up at LB at times…
To me I always look for explosion at the line I wanna see burst and get off then what are u doing with ur hands right after

Advertisement
Calling meow…

Scott and Jones will be in heavy rotation by the start of ACC play.

They’re both plus athletes and strong. You can’t keep that off the field.
That is quite the prediction but would love for it to come true. Then again, maybe not, cause if we have two true freshmen DTs in the rotation, something is most likely off.

Calling meow…

Scott and Jones will be in heavy rotation by the start of ACC play.

They’re both plus athletes and strong. You can’t keep that off the field.
You called the OTs and if Samson didn't get hurt you probably would have been right.

Advertisement
Yeah I can’t wait to see how they respond to the S&C program

Bain was a beast but I was downright giddy when they were showing how his numbers were going through the roof

I don’t know how much more they can get from Jones in the weight room since he’s pretty advanced there.

You’ll see a major jump from Scott between the end of spring and the fall. I think he’s an EE.

Advertisement
I don’t know how much more they can get from Jones in the weight room since he’s pretty advanced there.

You’ll see a major jump from Scott between the end of spring and the fall. I think he’s an EE.
Interesting. I know nothing about Jones S&C program but I’ve quickly become a big fan of Feld

Bain has that natural violence with his hands and arms that is tough to find. Not sure if Jones has that kind of gift but he’s probably my favorite recruit in the cycle

Interesting. I know nothing about Jones S&C program but I’ve quickly become a big fan of Feld

Bain has that natural violence with his hands and arms that is tough to find. Not sure if Jones has that kind of gift but he’s probably my favorite recruit in the cycle
Artavius is a true athletic freak. Does he have the mental intangibles ? That's what really sets Bain apart.

If Scott makes a Bain type jump look out. Opposing OLs are going to be a deep trouble early.

Advertisement
Back