Artavius Jones, Four-Star Defensive Lineman, Joins Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article
Madison County was a beast when I was growing up. Mad talent came from that small school. Same with Suwannee Live Oak and Lake city Columbia
We played them and trinity Christian every year it seemed for the state championship when I was at American Heritage Delray. Beat them my FR year when they had some talent. Think Clint Tricket was the QB and the had a big time WR that ended up going to the MLB instead of CFB

Advertisement
Yea I remember when Jacobbi McDaniel was there, an absolute beast and probably their best player ever. He never really turned out to be what they thought he would be for the Criminoles...kinda like our Marcus Forston.
They had a squad with a couple of my distant cousins Chris Thompson and Mikhail Kornegay, along with the late Geno Hayes...

Gotta be honest Judd knows he’s a 3 star and hopefully he outperforms that ranking but it takes balls to tweet and recruit like he does knowing he’s not as highly rated by the sites. He’s been extremely vocal for us. Good for him. Rooting for this kid.

...... I can't do anything but respect it.

A DUDE. Athletic freak. Dancing Bear. It's not just that he's playing TE at that at size, it's the plays they're calling for him. Bubble screens, end arounds, skinny posts, taking handoffs?!?! That's top-tier athleticism, bruh.

No doubt he's ranked #123 because you can fit his hometown population in Goleman High with room to spare. Plus, I don't think he hit the camp circuit like that. Guarantee if he went to IMG with Pride for a season or two, it wouldn't be held against him. I won't be surprised if he makes a huge jump after kicking *** at one of the All-American games in January. That'll silence the small town doubt.

That's a big, nimble and coordinated jit. I heard he's verified at 6'4", 310 a little under a year before Summer B '24 starts. 430 bench, 630 squat. If he told me he cleans 350+, given his film and other maxes, I'd take his word for it. Prop Joe is on the money with the Carter Lite comp. I think the lite wouldn't be the case if played for Godby on that film.

IMO, it all depends on how long it takes Jones to get acclimated to the speed of P5 football(I for one would love for him to spend 12th grade with one of his many family members down here). I know DT is a man's position but if it's Year 1, well then look the **** out. In most cases, DT's have to build the requisite strength to dominate. Well, barring any setbacks, he could be benching & squatting **** near 5 & 700... BEFORE HE REPORTS!!!! Day 1 traits & measurables(pause)...

A DUDE. Athletic freak. Dancing Bear. It's not just that he's playing TE at that at size, it's the plays they're calling for him. Bubble screens, end arounds, skinny posts, taking handoffs?!?! That's top-tier athleticism, bruh.

No doubt he's ranked #123 because you can fit his hometown population in Goleman High with room to spare. Plus, I don't think he hit the camp circuit like that. Guarantee if he went to IMG with Pride for a season or two, it wouldn't be held against him. I won't be surprised if he makes a huge jump after kicking *** at one of the All-American games in January. That'll silence the small town doubt.

That's a big, nimble and coordinated jit. I heard he's verified at 6'4", 310 a little under a year before Summer B '24 starts. 430 bench, 630 squat. If he told me he cleans 350+, given his film and other maxes, I'd take his word for it. Prop Joe is on the money with the Carter Lite comp. I think the lite wouldn't be the case if played for Godby on that film.

IMO, it all depends on how long it takes Jones to get acclimated to the speed of P5 football(I for one would love for him to spend 12th grade with one of his many family members down here). I know DT is a man's position but if it's Year 1, well then look the **** out. In most cases, DT's have to build the requisite strength to dominate. Well, barring any setbacks, he could be benching & squatting **** near 5 & 700... BEFORE HE REPORTS!!!! Day 1 traits & measurables(pause)...
**** yes man thank you for this!

I’m not an eval guru or anything but I see a dude like this and I just don’t know that I’ve seen 120+ prospects in my life time more impressive than him let alone this year 😂

There are very few true freshmen I could see in a top P5 interior DL rotation. This kid is one of them. What a steal. Can't believe how underrated he is even though he is still a top 150 kid (well, 165 on the composite I see) and a 4 star. Should be Top 50 IMO.

Kid has the full package (pause). I can't believe how agile he is at that size. And he plays smart, definitely reads the offense. His interception in the HUDL was a screen that he read perfectly. Needs a faster first step and better feet, which I think he already has naturally, given what he shows on offense in his HUDL. It doesn't always translate when he's along the DL. But Joe and Jason will straighten that out.

Awesome recruiting win. Love the take! GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
You should check how many DEs and WRs are getting 5 star rankings. I’m not saying DTs aren’t important, they are but the top ones are also very rare and their impact on the game isn’t as high as you claim. Chris Jones anchored a defense that gave up a ton of points. It’s an offensive game now.

I feel you bruh. What I'm saying is. The guard is changing. Ain't been no OLB/DE making enough impact in the playoffs and SB lately. As mediocre as Chiefs defense is... Chris Jones makes them a tough out singlehandedly.

**** let's go playoffs

1. BILLS- Ed Oliver
2. CHIEFS- Chris Jones
3. BENGALS- DJ Reader
4. RAVENS- Mike Pierce
5. Eagles- Suh, Cox, Joseph
6. GIANTS- Dexter Lawrence
7. BUCS- Vita Vea

Out of 12 teams 7 have a dominant D tackle or D tackle group. Outside pash rush didn't mean jack ****, really.

If I noticed this best believe the professionals do too.

The 5 star rankings going to DEs will soon be going to DTs.

I feel you bruh. What I'm saying is. The guard is changing. Ain't been no OLB/DE making enough impact in the playoffs and SB lately. As mediocre as Chiefs defense is... Chris Jones makes them a tough out singlehandedly.

**** let's go playoffs

1. BILLS- Ed Oliver
2. CHIEFS- Chris Jones
3. BENGALS- DJ Reader
4. RAVENS- Mike Pierce
7. BUCS- Vita Vea

Out of 12 teams 7 have a dominant D tackle or D tackle group. Outside pash rush didn't mean jack ****, really.

The problem is that the athleticism keeps going up at all positions. Finding athletes at 300+ is already difficult enough. Now you have to find the ones that can translate to the league.
No one would ever think of asking what a dtackle’s 40 time is 15 years ago.
Today you’re gonna ask.

The shortest distance to the qb is up the middle and not from the end. Problem is finding a dude that can consistently get up there.
And now that almost everything is from the shotgun it’s even more paramount.

We had a few dudes that came through here and my favorite is
TEZ!!!!

Edit: that’s why Calijah Kancey was drafted so high.

Advertisement

**** let's go playoffs

1. BILLS- Ed Oliver
2. CHIEFS- Chris Jones
3. BENGALS- DJ Reader
4. RAVENS- Mike Pierce
7. BUCS- Vita Vea

Yeah, Chris Jones is a good example the rest not really. Dexter Lawrence pretty good as well the rest are good players but dont make that same impact. I also like Q Williams for the Jets. I terms of distrubtors for playoff teams..
Bosa
Armstead
Micah Parsons
Hasan Reddick

Then there are players like Myles Garrett, ZaDarius Smith and Brian Burns that arent on playoff teams. I just dont agree with your argument. Its really Chris Jones and thats it, and the previous year Aaron Donald. Whether its EDGE or DT the attribute being looked for is getting to the QB and distrupting the pass game and outside pass rushers as always outside of some outliers are still it.

Yeah, Chris Jones is a good example the rest not really. Dexter Lawrence pretty good as well the rest are good players but dont make that same impact. I also like Q Williams for the Jets. I terms of distrubtors for playoff teams..
Bosa
Armstead
Micah Parsons
Hasan Reddick

Then there are players like Myles Garrett, ZaDarius Smith and Brian Burns that arent on playoff teams. I just dont agree with your argument. Its really Chris Jones and thats it, and the previous year Aaron Donald. Whether its EDGE or DT the attribute being looked for is getting to the QB and distrupting the pass game and outside pass rushers as always outside of some outliers are still it.

It's OK. We can disagree. Although I don't see how cause the SB HASNT FEATURED those vaunted outside rushers in some years, but ok 🤷🏿‍♂️

It's OK. We can disagree. Although I don't see how cause the SB HASNT FEATURED those vaunted outside rushers in some years, but ok 🤷🏿‍♂️
Three years ago when Tampa won it was their to EDGE that created **** for Pat. The previous year when KC won Bosa was a monster for the 49ers. Two years ago Donald was that dude and there is no way around it he is that dude. Last year Hassan Reddick was a terror for Philly. Ohhh and Chris Jones was the best player on that defense but they didn’t win cause of him. KC had a middling defense but as long as they have Mahomes and can protect him they are winning cause of him.

Last edited:

**** let's go playoffs

1. BILLS- Ed Oliver
2. CHIEFS- Chris Jones
3. BENGALS- DJ Reader
4. RAVENS- Mike Pierce
7. BUCS- Vita Vea

Christian Wilkins is probably the best run defender in football.

Advertisement
Madison County was a beast when I was growing up. Mad talent came from that small school. Same with Suwannee Live Oak and Lake city Columbia
Madison was still that deal till Coe left for that Georgia paycheck (Coffee County).

The rumor is they benefitted from the school having low numbers but they still pulled kids from some non traditional schools in the county. Thus staying in 1a even though their pool of students was bigger than 1a.

Advertisement

**** let's go playoffs

1. BILLS- Ed Oliver
2. CHIEFS- Chris Jones
3. BENGALS- DJ Reader
4. RAVENS- Mike Pierce
7. BUCS- Vita Vea

Nah this is completely false lol we just seen von miller wrecking in the playoffs last year. Nick bosa and micah had to be doubled,trey hendrickson,haason reddick and montez sweat, frank clark goes off in the playoffs too, these are the top contenders.

You need to put pressure on the quarterback and its way more likely to find a top edge rusher than it is to find a top pass rushing DT. How can u say outsiders pass rush dont mean **** when the guys u listed aren’t even great pass rushers besides chris jones and dex.

You completely off here lol, the 5 star rankings will continue to go to whoever they think the best players are

Madison was still that deal till Coe left for that Georgia paycheck (Coffee County).

The rumor is they benefitted from the school having low numbers but they still pulled kids from some non traditional schools in the county. Thus staying in 1a even though their pool of students was bigger than 1a.
They were cooking the books for years on enrollment. Tough place to play when they had it rolling though

Advertisement
Back