Artavius Jones, Four-Star Defensive Lineman, Joins Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article
Advertisement
Remember Star Wars GIF

There’s some good players in this area. Everyone always talks about Lincoln High School, but within a 1-2 hour radius you also have Blountstown, Madison County, Etc.

NoFlo has had some **** good talent over the years, including several who played for the Canes.

It's not as deep as Dade/Broward/PB by any means, but the top guys up here are as good as anywhere else

Advertisement
Not a lot of talent comes out of that particular school, him & his teammate 2024 S Jordan Pride, are really the only 2 kids I’ve seen come out of Blountstown since 2016 or something.

Most of the best kids from the Panhandle come out of Gadsden & Gulf County.
The last P5 dude from there that I remember was Ryan Baker, an LB that went to LSU. That was ages ago when I was still living in Tally. Jones & Pride were like in Pre-K or some **** when Baker went to college...

There’s some good players in this area. Everyone always talks about Lincoln High School, but within a 1-2 hour radius you also have Blountstown, Madison County, Etc.
Madison County is the small school NoFla final boss. I've got some cousins that balled out for them. I woulda been a Cowboy if my folks never moved down...

The last P5 dude from there that I remember was Ryan Baker, an LB that went to LSU. That was ages ago when I was still living in Tally. Jones & Pride were like in Pre-K or some **** when Baker went to college...
What’s your take on this kid my man? I feel like I’m missing something or the recruiting services are

Advertisement
Sure if you are talking EDGE but not DT. We need DT because along with WR it’s a position that is lacking the proper talent.

Nah. The superbowls are changing the Dynamic of that bro. It's undeniable.

Chris Jones and Aaron Donald in the last 4. Pretty much anchoring the entire Defense.

**** Chris Jones alone is changing the ticket. More interior DTs are getting 5 star ratings every years.

Interior pressure is almost a MUST have with the athleticism of the offensive tackles at an all time high.

@BS85 & @OrangeBowlMagic can disagree all the want. The proof is before us.

What’s your take on this kid my man? I feel like I’m missing something or the recruiting services are
A DUDE. Athletic freak. Dancing Bear. It's not just that he's playing TE at that at size, it's the plays they're calling for him. Bubble screens, end arounds, skinny posts, taking handoffs?!?! That's top-tier athleticism, bruh.

No doubt he's ranked #123 because you can fit his hometown population in Goleman High with room to spare. Plus, I don't think he hit the camp circuit like that. Guarantee if he went to IMG with Pride for a season or two, it wouldn't be held against him. I won't be surprised if he makes a huge jump after kicking *** at one of the All-American games in January. That'll silence the small town doubt.

That's a big, nimble and coordinated jit. I heard he's verified at 6'4", 310 a little under a year before Summer B '24 starts. 430 bench, 630 squat. If he told me he cleans 350+, given his film and other maxes, I'd take his word for it. Prop Joe is on the money with the Carter Lite comp. I think the lite wouldn't be the case if he played for Godby on that film.

IMO, it all depends on how long it takes Jones to get acclimated to the speed of P5 football(I for one would love for him to spend 12th grade with one of his many family members down here). I know DT is a man's position but if it's Year 1, well then look the **** out. In most cases, DT's have to build the requisite strength to dominate. Well, barring any setbacks, he could be benching & squatting **** near 5 & 700... BEFORE HE REPORTS!!!! Day 1 traits & measurables(pause)...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Chris Jones and Aaron Donald in the last 4. Pretty much anchoring the entire Defense.

**** Chris Jones alone is changing the ticket. More interior DTs are getting 5 star ratings every years.

Interior pressure is almost a MUST have with the athleticism of the offensive tackles at an all time high.

You should check how many DEs and WRs are getting 5 star rankings. I’m not saying DTs aren’t important, they are but the top ones are also very rare and their impact on the game isn’t as high as you claim. Chris Jones anchored a defense that gave up a ton of points. It’s an offensive game now.

Shortest path to the QB. More valuable in today's pass-happy game..

Madison County was a beast when I was growing up. Mad talent came from that small school. Same with Suwannee Live Oak and Lake city Columbia
Yea I remember when Jacobbi McDaniel was there, an absolute beast and probably their best player ever. He never really turned out to be what they thought he would be for the Criminoles...kinda like our Marcus Forston.

Advertisement

The score of the last Super Bowl was 38-35, my guy. It’s an offensive game. Everyone is important, don’t get me wrong. But even awful teams score 30 a week now. Although I might have missed something, are you debating strictly edge vs interior? I don’t think I had a dog in that fight lol

The score of the last Super Bowl was 38-35, my guy. It’s an offensive game. Everyone is important, don’t get me wrong. But even awful teams score 30 a week now. Although I might have missed something, are you debating strictly edge vs interior? I don’t think I had a dog in that fight lol
Also look at the college game. UGA had two of the most dominant DTs back to back years in Watkins and Jalen Carter and if it wasn’t for Bama’s WRs being hurt or Bennett’s heroics late they lose. Like you said, it’s an offensive game. We still need to shore up the trenches so it isn’t like DT is just a look over postion. Far from it because they are rare but WRs are a premium position and landing our first 5 star from SFLA since Hester is bigger than Artavious who is a big time pickup in his own right.

Madison County was a beast when I was growing up. Mad talent came from that small school. Same with Suwannee Live Oak and Lake city Columbia
Oh yeah fam, most definitely. I can remember them being good since the late 80's. Their talent mainly comes from tiiiiiiny Greenville, pop. 837...

Last edited:
A DUDE. Athletic freak. Dancing Bear. It's not just that he's playing TE at that at size, it's the plays they're calling for him. Bubble screens, end arounds, skinny posts, taking handoffs?!?! That's top-tier athleticism, bruh.

No doubt he's ranked #123 because you can fit his hometown population Goleman High with room to spare. Plus, I don't think he hit the camp circuit like that. Guarantee if he went to IMG with Pride for a season or two, it wouldn't be held against him. I won't be surprised if he makes a huge jump after kicking *** at one of the All-American games in January. That'll silence the small town doubt.

That's a big, nimble and coordinated jit. I heard he's verified at 6'4", 310 a little under a year before Summer B '24 starts. 430 bench, 630 squat. If he told me he cleans 350+, given his film and other maxes, I'd take his word for it. Prop Joe is on the money with the Carter Lite comp. I think the lite wouldn't be the case if played for Godby on that film.

IMO, it all depends on how long it takes Jones to get acclimated to the speed of P5 football(I for one would love for him to spend 12th grade with one of his many family members down here). I know DT is a man's position but if it's Year 1, well then look the **** out. In most cases, DT's have to build the requisite strength to dominate. Well, barring any setbacks, he could be benching & squatting **** near 5 & 700... BEFORE HE REPORTS!!!! Day 1 traits & measurables(pause)...
“Dancing Bear”

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Back