Around the ACC Week 2

Advertisement
Who y'all going for between clemson and auburn? I hate Clemson so much but I also hate everything and anything sec so **** auburn too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who y'all going for between clemson and auburn? I hate Clemson so much but I also hate everything and anything sec so **** auburn too.

Why the hate for Clemson?

ACC over SEC. Go Tigers

Cuck.

Cute. But this isn't a rival so not sure why you'd want an SEC team to win.

Yeah being consistent is just so confusing, huh? When all the caveats have been fully established let me know.

Pittsburgh is terrible

Didn't they lose half their team to the Draft?

Not sure, don't follow them that closely. They are terrible this year though.

They lost their star QB, starting RB and star DE to the Draft.

Didn't know they had a "star QB" or a "star DE" last year. I knew James Connor's shoes would be hard to fill, but didn't figure there was much more dropoff.

ACC over SEC. Go Tigers

Cuck.

Yeah being consistent is just so confusing, huh? When all the caveats have been fully established let me know.

Not sure what you're driving at. But ok. To each their own. Auburn beating Clemson doesn't help us in any way though.

ACC over SEC. Go Tigers

Cuck.

Not sure what you're driving at. But ok. To each their own. Auburn beating Clemson doesn't help us in any way though.

I thought you were catching onto the sarcasm. Of course Auburn beating Clemson doesn't help us, just like Alabama beating FSU didn't help us.

Advertisement
Pittsburgh is terrible

Didn't they lose half their team to the Draft?

Not sure, don't follow them that closely. They are terrible this year though.

They lost their star QB, starting RB and star DE to the Draft.

Didn't know they had a "star QB" or a "star DE" last year. I knew James Connor's shoes would be hard to fill, but didn't figure there was much more dropoff.

Also lost their OC who was able to give their offense some teeth and get a ton of production out of the talent they have.. probably biggest loss

ACC over SEC. Go Tigers

Cuck.

Yes, I have no idea what that post was about. Caveats?

Advertisement

I thought you were catching onto the sarcasm. Of course Auburn beating Clemson doesn't help us, just like Alabama beating FSU didn't help us.

Beg to differ. Alabama beating FSU helped out a lot. In recruiting it shows there's not much of a gap between FSU and us. It encourages the kids to look at both of us equally especially if we beat them on 10/7. Also the fact that Francois is injured (Not something I'd have preferred to see happen but still) means they likely lose to us and at least 3 other games which only further hurts their recruiting efforts and overall perception of the direction of their program. Combine that with our returning talent next year and an influx of new talent from the 18 class and the argument could be made that Miami is now the best team in FL and poised to go on a run of our own.

Finally, FSU is still #10 and would've been higher if Francois wasn't out for the season. Beating them still puts us in the top 10 if we aren't there already by the time we play. Run the table and Miami is in the Playoffs with a win in the ACC Championship game (Not that I expect it to happen) I'd argue that win by Bama might be the reason Miami finally gets over the hump.

Beg to differ. Alabama beating FSU helped out a lot. In recruiting it shows there's not much of a gap between FSU and us. It encourages the kids to look at both of us equally especially if we beat them on 10/7. Also the fact that Francois is injured (Not something I'd have preferred to see happen but still) means they likely lose to us and at least 3 other games which only further hurts their recruiting efforts and overall perception of the direction of their program. Combine that with our returning talent next year and an influx of new talent from the 18 class and the argument could be made that Miami is now the best team in FL and poised to go on a run of our own.

Finally, FSU is still #10 and would've been higher if Francois wasn't out for the season. Beating them still puts us in the top 10 if we aren't there already by the time we play. Run the table and Miami is in the Playoffs with a win in the ACC Championship game (Not that I expect it to happen) I'd argue that win by Bama might be the reason Miami finally gets over the hump.

Tons of extraneous/irrelevant information there, but basically what you're saying is that Alabama beating FSU helps us in recruiting. Considering Alabama has been cherry picking 5 stars, and FSU and UF will get their recruits regardless, I don't see one game in particular changing things. Plus, if FSU smokes us, then that puts even a bigger divide between us and Alabama. Clemson has also been taking recruits from us, more than Auburn for sure. So why don't you root for what will help us in recruiting then? This is what I'm talking about being consistent, since that was so hard to figure out. One time you will root for what will help us in recruiting (even if it isn't necessarily true), and the other time you'll root for the conference, despite how it may affect our recruiting.

Last edited:

Tons of extraneous/irrelevant information there, but basically what you're saying is that Alabama beating FSU helps us in recruiting. Considering Alabama has been cherry picking 5 stars, and FSU and UF will get their recruits regardless, I don't see one game in particular changing things. Plus, if FSU smokes us, then that puts even a bigger divide between us and Alabama. Clemson has also been taking recruits from us, more than Auburn for sure. So why don't you root for what will help us in recruiting then? This is what I'm talking about being consistent, since that was so hard to figure out. One time you will root for what will help us in recruiting (even if it isn't necessarily true), and the other time you'll root for the conference, despite how it may affect our recruiting.

Uhh ok. There is nuance to all of this you know. I thought this was inherent in what we were first talking about, but the obvious difference here is FSU is a rival; Bama, Clemson, and Auburn are not. Rivalries tend to trump everything in College Football.

We need to lock down South Florida and keep guys at home. Sure FSU will still get there's but we need to keep the Ermon Lanes, Travis Rudolphs, Devontae Freemans, and Dalvin Cooks etc. here. Or else we risk playing them every year. Yes, Bama gets the occasional Calvin Ridley and Jerry Juedy, but we don't play them on a yearly basis (2021 not withstanding) so it's not as big of an impact. When we become a national power again, sure we can focus on Bama, but for now I just care about our rival. As for the rest of the conference or other conferences, you show me the recruits we're losing to those guys and I'll gladly trade you for what we're losing to FSU in any given year.

And one game always changes things. Programs are defined by their ability, or lack their of, to win a single game. Sure FSU could smoke us and neutralize this whole thing, but they could smoke us if they had beaten Bama too. I get your point, obviously it falls on us to win either way, but I think it's pretty obvious that game worked in our favor.

Uhh ok. There is nuance to all of this you know. I thought this was inherent in what we were first talking about, but the obvious difference here is FSU is a rival; Bama, Clemson, and Auburn are not. Rivalries tend to trump everything in College Football.

We need to lock down South Florida and keep guys at home. Sure FSU will still get there's but we need to keep the Ermon Lanes, Travis Rudolphs, Devontae Freemans, and Dalvin Cooks etc. here. Or else we risk playing them every year. Yes, Bama gets the occasional Calvin Ridley and Jerry Juedy, but we don't play them on a yearly basis (2021 not withstanding) so it's not as big of an impact. When we become a national power again, sure we can focus on Bama, but for now I just care about our rival. As for the rest of the conference or other conferences, you show me the recruits we're losing to those guys and I'll gladly trade you for what we're losing to FSU in any given year.

And one game always changes things. Programs are defined by their ability, or lack their of, to win a single game. Sure FSU could smoke us and neutralize this whole thing, but they could smoke us if they had beaten Bama too. I get your point, obviously it falls on us to win either way, but I think it's pretty obvious that game worked in our favor.

We get our chance with FSU, we don't get a chance with Bama. If FSU beat Bama it would've opened up everyone's eyes, just like when Clemson beat Bama last year. ACC would have had an insane amount of bragging rights.

And then if we beat FSU? ****...we'd be the king of the kings. But now, it's just been relegated to another ACC game. The Miami-FSU game continues to "not be what it used to be".

I look around and see a lot of weak *** teams in college football. Penn State is ranked #4 and I think we would've raked them with the way they played today. I think we are ready to compete on the national stage now, so that's behind my rationale.

Advertisement
Back