Around College Basketball - Current topic: Top 50 NET Rankings by conference

New article by Trilly...

"People continue to sleep on Miami and I will not make that mistake again this year. The Hurricanes made the Elite Eight and Final Four in consecutive seasons and this year they can go all the way."

Purdue
MSU
Miami
Marquette
Kansas
Houston
FAU
Duke
Creighton
UCONN

Click for more:

Advertisement
1699985080927.png

1699985156935.png

1699985187688.png

Advertisement
FAU was up 3 at the half. Ended up losing by 9.

Earl scored 13 (on 6-11 shooting, no threes attempted). 12 boards and 3 TOs. Played all 40 minutes!

Wouldn't be shocked if he didn't take a shot beyond 15 feet. He has to embrace what he is, and that's a guy that should be able to defend, rebound and slash. Maybe the shot eventually comes, but at this point, him being a high end contributor would be a big step forward.

View attachment 266056

View attachment 266058
View attachment 266059

Michigan beat our ***.

Nice to see us bounce back in Charleston, finished 2-1 in the tourney, finishing third with a win over Utah.

Six games into the Pitino era and I'm stoked. Gonna be a bumpy road for sure, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
I think Earl would have been a good player here. Unfortunate circumstances totally outside the control of the coaching staff.
I dunno. He was a classic tweener. Not nearly a good enough shooter to play guard; not really tall enough to play inside. That "flat" shot he had. Still don't know how any of those went in, from the floor or when he was at the FT line.

Advertisement
Indiana comes back from 15 down with 10 minutes left in the second half against Morehead Stare to win by one point.

Walker led the way with 18 points and 9 rebounds (he made the only three ball he shot).

Providence 10-2 has been on a tear since their early loss in the Bahamas that kept us from facing them. Now 10-2 they just walloped nbr 6 Marquette. But this suggests the Ruiz of Rhode Island is abt to get them some added firewood:
1703233185281.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back