Around College Basketball - Current topic: Top 50 NET Rankings by conference

passitback

Junior
Premium
Let's kick it off with Bobby Huggins

Note: This thread is dedicated to news and events taking place Around College Basketball as a whole.

Last edited:
Advertisement
HE had great recruiting class coming in. If he’s fired is there anyone we could go after.

Advertisement

Coach L with 725 - he's in rarified air, appreciate that man
Sick Rick with the lucky711

Hope to see some of you fools in NYC during the season. It's not often you can watch two NY legends coaching on the same day...

HE had great recruiting class coming in. If he’s fired is there anyone we could go after.
1687188990067.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huggins claims to have not written his resignation letter.

The man may be suffering of perpetual drunk.
He's the quintessential old school megalomaniac P.O.S Coach, cut from the same cloth as Bobby Knight.

Great Coach who understands the X's & O's of the game like the back of his hand & can win with minimal amount of talent, but an absolute Dictator who over time wears out his welcome because he becomes abusive with his power.

That's what makes guys like Larra, Roy Williams, John Thompson, Kelvin Sampson etc such gems, because during their careers they could've easily made that turn to the Darkside given how great they were & how much autonomy they earned, but they remained true to their core values & never misused their status.

I always have the utmost respect for long tenured Coaches who are still Good people regardless of their success, because the business is chock-full of borderline narcissists & guys who are just downright ********.

He's the quintessential old school megalomaniac P.O.S Coach, cut from the same cloth as Bobby Knight.

Great Coach who understands the X's & O's of the game like the back of his hand & can win with minimal amount of talent, but an absolute Dictator who over time wears out his welcome because he becomes abusive with his power.

That's what makes guys like Larra, Roy Williams, John Thompson, Kelvin Sampson etc such gems, because during their careers they could've easily made that turn to the Darkside given how great they were & how much autonomy they earned, but they remained true to their core values & never misused their status.

I always have the utmost respect for long tenured Coaches who are still Good people regardless of their success, because the business is chock-full of borderline narcissists & guys who are just downright ********.

Couldn't agree with you more about the tenured coaches. Coach L falls into that category. no iof and or but about it... Man is a legend. Canes are gonna be haaaaaaaard pressed to replace that man.

No secret I'm a die hard Johnnie. No secret I'm a big CBB fan. So I have to ask: Are you all witnessing what Slick Rick Pitino is doing in Queens?

It is nothing short of remarkable. For decades, I wondered what could / would happen if Saint John's landed an elite coach with administrative and fan support. That time has come.

Not sure if you all have been keeping tabs, but most pundits have them as a top 20 team next season, primed to make a run in the tourney.

Sleeping giant... Putting a strangle hold on NYC/NJ - just watch the class he puts together in 2024.

download.jpg

Advertisement
"Candid Coaches Series" - NIL asking prices

Over 100 college coaches were surveyed. There is some interesting information inside this piece:

Based on your experience recruiting via the transfer portal, approximately what NIL price is a projected starter at the high-major level looking for in college basketball?​

Less than $100,0007.5%
Somewhere between $100,000 and $200,00025.5%
Somewhere between $200,000 and $300,00040.4%
Somewhere between $300,000 and $400,00014.9%
More than $400,00011.7%

We will have the ability to see how the NIL game changes in football and hoops over the next few years.

Take a look at the article below...

What do you all think?

"Perhaps the most intriguing bit of news coming out of the weekend was from Jalil Bethea’s visit to Miami."

- Sounds like he's taking his OVs as a formality, and he is already committed. Did Coach L lock this stud up?

"Perhaps the most intriguing bit of news coming out of the weekend was from Jalil Bethea’s visit to Miami."

- Sounds like he's taking his OVs as a formality, and he is already committed. Did Coach L lock this stud up?

Would be unreal. We saw Coach L at the football game with all the players. Was so **** nice.

Advertisement
Back