Around college baseball

Advertisement
BC takes game 1 from VT this afternoon. We need a sweep in the worst way this weekend. It’s time to start thinking about ACCT seedlings.

Jack Leiter is now at an absurd 20 consecutive hitless innings

Update: And I jinxed it

Last edited:
That vandy kid leiter is a nasty *** kid..first time actually sitting down watching him..4plus pitches that are + stuff. FB✅..Change✅..curve✅..2seamFilth

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a feeling that even if we continue to play good baseball we might need to win a game or two in acc tourney to host. Hope I’m wrong on that though

Advertisement
FSU, GT, and Louisville all lost tonight damaging already mediocre RPIs. RPIs in the ACC as a whole are very soft, I think largely due to the decision to play so many conference games and reduce out of conference games further by only playing 50 games. Obviously, in some cases (cough Louisville cough) it’s due to horrible OOC schedules and/or midweek losses.

ACC RPIs
12 Notre Dame
16 Miami
24 Virginia Tech
25 Pittsburgh
38 Clemson
46 Wake Forest
47 North Carolina
54 Duke
59 Louisville
60 Florida State
65 Boston College
70 Virginia
71 Georgia Tech (!!)
72 NC State

FSU, GT, and Louisville all lost tonight damaging already mediocre RPIs. RPIs in the ACC as a whole are very soft, I think largely due to the decision to play so many conference games and reduce out of conference games further by only playing 50 games. Obviously, in some cases (cough Louisville cough) it’s due to horrible OOC schedules and/or midweek losses.

ACC RPIs
12 Notre Dame
16 Miami
24 Virginia Tech
25 Pittsburgh
38 Clemson
46 Wake Forest
47 North Carolina
54 Duke
59 Louisville
60 Florida State
65 Boston College
70 Virginia
71 Georgia Tech (!!)
72 NC State
Notre Dame is an outlier to this theory having played only one OOC game, and currently only being scheduled to play 41 games, but have benefited from the RPI bonus that comes with playing 2/3 of their games on the road.

ACC RPIs
12 Notre Dame
16 Miami
24 Virginia Tech
25 Pittsburgh
38 Clemson
46 Wake Forest
47 North Carolina
54 Duke
59 Louisville
60 Florida State
65 Boston College