Army game: my convo with Pope

So if Jobe has to go JUCO...

Do we still want him? Or do we give him the Grimes treatment?

Idk but he said in that thread a few days ago he was with his buddy(pretty sure the guy on the staff at Cheshire) and he told him it wasn’t going to be smoove.
B1A3BBAA-6F4B-4A65-B0AB-66CA9540595F.jpg

Advertisement
If we somehow sign nobody from AH, Rumph needs to be terminated on the spot. It seems almost impossible that he could be that bad of a recruiter, but Nesta is our most important recruit IMO and Tyson is as elite as they come.

Rumph would be the worst recruiter to ever live but Kool would be right there behind him. Can't have just one recruit - who was flirting with other schools in the summer - this late at a position of great need.

If we somehow sign nobody from AH, Rumph needs to be terminated on the spot. It seems almost impossible that he could be that bad of a recruiter, but Nesta is our most important recruit IMO and Tyson is as elite as they come.

This. Fire him. Hire Surtain. Bring his son as a dial package.

There was a video floating around of Pope being friendly with UF QB Franks, so doesn’t seem far fetched at all that he was considering there

Once again, just follow the actions not the words or the buzz from the fake info men. Pope visiting UF a couple times was enough of an indication that he was considering them. Didn’t he attend a camp there at one point, and the clowns on here were making excuses about how he had to attend it?

who cares at this point? hes signed, sealed, and delivered.

You and Naystatemind are so ****ing stupid. I ****s with NY but you two make them look stupid as ****.

yeah im dumb instead of freaking out that he had interest in UF. the kid is here. be happy. hes a potentional stud that would have never came under golden

Advertisement
So if Jobe has to go JUCO...

Do we still want him? Or do we give him the Grimes treatment?

Idk but he said in that thread a few days ago he was with his buddy(pretty sure the guy on the staff at Cheshire) and he told him it wasn’t going to be smoove.
View attachment 56807

Karma's like the federal government. Sure, it takes forever to kick in, but once it does it hurts.

Jobe going JUCO would be the truest form of justice.

And yes, I am petty.

This. Fire him. Hire Surtain. Bring his son as a dial package.

It would be a rinse and repeat scenario of what we have with Rumph now. A guy who doesn't have a strong college resume being thrown in as a CB coach.

Also, I've heard some say on this forum that Surtain Sr. wasn't the greatest coach.

I don't like to bad mouth a teenager but Jobe is such a douche. Ya, all your friends came here and you don't hang with Bama commits...but you gotta do what is right for your family, right?

Go away. Good bye. Officially on the rooting against you list.

tells u how much of an offer u cant refuse bama goes with, if they changed a kids mind like that shows u how strong those bags r

There is a whole back story to the Jobe recruitment that has been hinted on here, the OP noted that he hung around the UM kids and not Bama's. Put two and two together.

Advertisement
I don't like to bad mouth a teenager but Jobe is such a douche. Ya, all your friends came here and you don't hang with Bama commits...but you gotta do what is right for your family, right?

tells u how much of an offer u cant refuse bama goes with, if they changed a kids mind like that shows u how strong those bags r

There is a whole back story to the Jobe recruitment that has been hinted on here, the OP noted that he hung around the UM kids and not Bama's. Put two and two together.

no. no. stop it. its all rumphs fault. hire surtain.

Well Brooklyndee was talking about the offer Hightower got - like $250k and a house? How can you turn that down if you don't come from money?!

hard too, i cant front if I was in those shows I prolly would take it cause taking care of the fam is number 1 priority

If these kid are actually getting that type of money, IRS will eventually get around to sending some people to jail. I doubt it is being claimed on any 1040. Plus there is chance the bag man, the donor providing the cash, and the school will be in it deep for not reporting it on 1099. The tread from the FBI basketball stuff will be pulled on by IRS. You can lie about deductions and get slap on wrist. Lie about income and doors will bars start calling your name. Those cars deals can be targets too. Income can be imputed by IRS in a heartbeat. NCAA might not want to touch this stuff but IRS doesn’t care aoubt sec and osu pull.

This **** has been going on for years. You don’t think that these guys are experienced with the tax implications? Give me a break

Its all cash/cards/bitcoin. Extremely hard to follow/audit. I assume the vast majority is not reported, but its possible that some donors report the bag as a gift on their tax return.

So should we fire Kool too for his DT recruiting? What about Thomas Brown for losing that RB from Maryland last year? How about firing whomever was recruiting Jobe?

Think before you post.

no. no. stop it. its all rumphs fault. hire surtain.

LOL, lets hire Neon Deion!

Advertisement
F Jobe this thread ain’t even about him. That boy noodles looking like the best WR today at the Army practice today according to multiple reporters.

THIS MIAMI STAFF HAS WENT HARD THE WHOLE TIME RECRUITING THE BEST OF THE BEST, AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE CAN'T FAULT OUR STAFF FOR THE DECISIONS THESE RECRUIT'S MAKE, OUR STAFF DID THEIR JOBS!! ALL WE CAN DO IS WAIT TIL FEBRUARY-NSD....

THIS 2017 MIAMI TEAM WAS NEVER ON THE LEVEL OF CLEMSON, BAMA, OSU AND OTHERS, THEN WE PLAYED OUR LAST GAME WITHOUT OUR 3 BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS!! MIAMI IS RECRUITING KID'S THAT WILL COME IN AND CONTRIBUTE IN YEAR 1..

STOP BLAMING THE STAFF BECAUSE CERTAIN RECRUIT'S WANT FEEL LIKE THEY ARE BETTER THEN THE REST AND WANT TO BE DRAMA-QUEENS.. THEN LATE IN THE PROCESS THEY JUMP SHIP, BECAUSE THEY GET HIT WITH A LIE THEY CAN'T REFUSE!!

Well Brooklyndee was talking about the offer Hightower got - like $250k and a house? How can you turn that down if you don't come from money?!

hard too, i cant front if I was in those shows I prolly would take it cause taking care of the fam is number 1 priority

If these kid are actually getting that type of money, IRS will eventually get around to sending some people to jail. I doubt it is being claimed on any 1040. Plus there is chance the bag man, the donor providing the cash, and the school will be in it deep for not reporting it on 1099. The tread from the FBI basketball stuff will be pulled on by IRS. You can lie about deductions and get slap on wrist. Lie about income and doors will bars start calling your name. Those cars deals can be targets too. Income can be imputed by IRS in a heartbeat. NCAA might not want to touch this stuff but IRS doesn’t care aoubt sec and osu pull.

This **** has been going on for years. You don’t think that these guys are experienced with the tax implications? Give me a break

Its all cash/cards/bitcoin. Extremely hard to follow/audit. I assume the vast majority is not reported, but its possible that some donors report the bag as a gift on their tax return.

I doubt any is reported; that is where the crime is. It is still income or gift, one of the two, and both require reporting above certain levels. Cash and cards can be followed. Not sure about bitcoin but never underestimate the Feds ability to catch up with the crooks. They could be tracking cryptocurrency as we speak but would not review that because they want to use it to tack terrorists -- little bigger problem than football. NCCA might not be able to find its own nose but FBI and IRS can.

Advertisement
THIS MIAMI STAFF HAS WENT HARD THE WHOLE TIME RECRUITING THE BEST OF THE BEST, AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE CAN'T FAULT OUR STAFF FOR THE DECISIONS THESE RECRUIT'S MAKE, OUR STAFF DID THEIR JOBS!! ALL WE CAN DO IS WAIT TIL FEBRUARY-NSD....

THIS 2017 MIAMI TEAM WAS NEVER ON THE LEVEL OF CLEMSON, BAMA, OSU AND OTHERS, THEN WE PLAYED OUR LAST GAME WITHOUT OUR 3 BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS!! MIAMI IS RECRUITING KID'S THAT WILL COME IN AND CONTRIBUTE IN YEAR 1..

STOP BLAMING THE STAFF BECAUSE CERTAIN RECRUIT'S WANT FEEL LIKE THEY ARE BETTER THEN THE REST AND WANT TO BE DRAMA-QUEENS.. THEN LATE IN THE PROCESS THEY JUMP SHIP, BECAUSE THEY GET HIT WITH A LIE THEY CAN'T REFUSE!!

That’s a lot of CAPS

Jobe has a brother making $1 million a season with the Raiders. It's not like his family needs the money. More likely Jobe just wants to get his now.

Hightower, Lingard, Pope all almost certainly got similar offers, just turned them down. $200k isn't life changing money like NFL cash is

still 250k is 250k from him not his brother, thats an extra 250k u gotta take it

Not saying I wouldn't take it, but you don't "gotta" take it.

First of all, turn your caps off. Second, its the staff's job to get elite kids. You are right in saying that the staff has went hard, but its their jobs to convince kids to come here. Not every recruit is a die-hard like Duke or Deejay and will be 100% Miami from the jump. If the staff can't close on elite kids then there should be some cause for concern.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What a long *** day. So I spent a little over 3 hours as Popes host today. Real cool kid. Laid back and seemed very humble. Told him I was a big Miami fan and followed recruiting pretty close, he was open to talking about whatever. So here are some of my take away's from the day.

The Miami group by seemed the most comfortable with each other. Had to wait forever at a media station so they could do some stuff with all the Miami kids, ohio st kids, bama and Clemson. Most kids just keeping to themselves on their phones, except the Miami group. Joking and laughing the entire time. You could tell the bond the group has already made together. Pope was rooming with Lingard. Joked Lingard is like Blades, won’t ever stop talking lol

To my surprise Pope said he seriously was considering Florida at one time. Said when Calloway left he really thought about it since early playing time was going to be a for sure thing. But the QB situation was just too bad. Always read on here Pope was 100% cane lock forever, so it was interesting to see the real interest he had in FL at one time.

Asked him about the heritage kids, said they were trying to get Campbell and if they got him they would be straight. He seemed confident about Campbell….. I asked about Surtain, he said ehhh I think he is headed to LSU.

Lingard…..the ambassador tag fits him well….all Miami everything with that kid. Joking non stop with other non committed kids that they wanted to go to Miami, inviting them to get into the all Miami pictures. Kid was hilarious.

Soon as we ran in Nesta Pope started joking that Nesta wasn’t going to Miami. Lingard joked about it as well. When the entire Miami group was together that was probably the most interesting interaction….them all joking and saying Nesta wasn’t really coming. I honestly wish I would have been able to get a better feel of the entire thing but I really couldn’t tell how much was joking and how much was serious. For what its worth when we walked away from the group I asked Pope if he really thought he wasn’t coming…….he just kind of laughed and said “I don’t know man, Nesta plays a lot.” Nesta made some interesting comments but not worth getting into because I didn’t know how much was serious or bs…don’t need everyone freaking out. Nesta was always with a Miami commit when I saw him and when they were giving him a hard time about not coming he always said he was. Could be nothing to it….but it was an interesting observation.

Jobe….I really don’t get the Bama commit. He was with the Miami kids the entire time. Even took a pic for a 247 and was jokingly throwing up the U with them. You could just tell how cool he was with the group, so its just a weird decision. I got the feeling pope and other players knew for a good while he wasn’t coming to Miami. Pope actually thought he was going to go to Michigan at one point. Never saw him with a bama commit, always around the Miami guys.

Hightower was real cool, said he was going straight to Miami to start school from the army game. He’s a big dude for a WR.

Talked to Pope about the QB situation….got the feeling Perry was his guy.
All in all it was a really cool experience, all the Miami kids were nice and down to earth. Nesta….not so much but I think that is just his demeanor. He wasn’t a jerk or anything, just not as open to talk as the others.

Non Miami thought……I could not get over how skinny Trevor Lawrence was…legit the skinniest dude I saw the entire day. Some kickers were thicker then him. Reminded me of FSU’s QB. No way that kid is ready to play right now, he’d get crushed.

But yeah…those were my thoughts, if you have a question let me know. Not trying to bring any breaking news, just thought id share my experience.

Word (or rumor) on the street is that Jobe didn't do enough at Cheshire academically to get into Miami...there was a potential that he wouldn't qualify so, the Bama pitch seemed like a no-brainer to him. If we look at it from that standpoint, missing on Jobe sucks, but was inevitable.

One article said he was taking the ACT again in December. He must not be qualified yet. This isnt just a UM thing. Its a NCAA thing.

I'm not sure if you can still get the learning disability waiver that used to be available. I'd assume not if he is still pressing this late in the game. I'd imagine the rules are the opposite of bars and you can't get into the ACT testing center after you are 21

All the learning disability waiver gets you is more time to take the exam. The exam questions and format remain the same.

Advertisement
Back